P1000 Need Front Shock Loan

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I'm probably going to swap to a 275 spring.
Do have the Highlifter lift?
The change in geometry would call for a lighter spring wouldn't it?

According to my calculations it would be about a 25lb difference in spring but Im no expert here.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Do have the Highlifter lift?
The change in geometry would call for a lighter spring wouldn't it?

According to my calculations it would be about a 25lb difference in spring but Im no expert here.
No lift. I was thinking it was riding rough / to stiff in the rear when I hit things at higher speed. I was actually bottoming out the rear. I added some preload and it helped but not enough. Elka is going to re-valve them. Got some good videos to them to show where I was having problems. Think I'm going to upgrade to the 5's when they revalve also.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
No lift. I was thinking it was riding rough / to stiff in the rear when I hit things at higher speed. I was actually bottoming out the rear. I added some preload and it helped but not enough. Elka is going to re-valve them. Got some good videos to them to show where I was having problems. Think I'm going to upgrade to the 5's when they revalve also.
Videos.....
You shared with Elka but but not us?

Whats the cost on the revalve / upgrade?

Reactions: JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Videos.....
You shared with Elka but but not us?

Whats the cost on the revalve / upgrade?
There's more info in the supporting members section. Free re-valve, Upgrade was around $120 a shock but that's discounted.

Reactions: ghost and JTW
A

arizonasteeler

Mar 23, 2016
mesa arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There's more info in the supporting members section. Free re-valve, Upgrade was around $120 a shock but that's discounted.
Re valving is a science that's why elka ask you so much information on your rig and driving habits to try and get it right the first time. i was lucky to have a friend who has a small machine shop do mine for me on my RZR 900 fox shocks, venders like shock therapy and others have tons of knowledge on Polaris so they have the shim stacks down pat.Im not sure theirs enough info out on Honda yet to get it right the first time for the new fox shocks but if Honda did there home work they should be decent product good spring rates are a must you can fudge a little on spring compression to help your own personal ride out but Honda is giving you a baseline spring to cover all riders not you personally i had about 300 dollars in my valving for 4 shocks that's shim stacks fluid and new schrader valves so the rest would be labor to do the job if people are that concerned they may want to wait a bit on some good evaluations on the new fox shocks. Also the 3 rebound settings on the Honda fox just means your moving in bigger incriminates compared to elka a little less fine tuning probably not a big deal to the average rider, just my 2 cents.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Re valving is a science that's why elka ask you so much information on your rig and driving habits to try and get it right the first time. i was lucky to have a friend who has a small machine shop do mine for me on my RZR 900 fox shocks, venders like shock therapy and others have tons of knowledge on Polaris so they have the shim stacks down pat.Im not sure theirs enough info out on Honda yet to get it right the first time for the new fox shocks but if Honda did there home work they should be decent product good spring rates are a must you can fudge a little on spring compression to help your own personal ride out but Honda is giving you a baseline spring to cover all riders not you personally i had about 300 dollars in my valving for 4 shocks that's shim stacks fluid and new schrader valves so the rest would be labor to do the job if people are that concerned they may want to wait a bit on some good evaluations on the new fox shocks. Also the 3 rebound settings on the Honda fox just means your moving in bigger incriminates compared to elka a little less fine tuning probably not a big deal to the average rider, just my 2 cents.
Yep a lot of variables with the vehicle and driving preferences and takes experience to dial in the best. I had them send me the stack setup and they have 2 different flutter disks on compression and 1 on rebound. I haven't saw 2 before. I think mine mainly needs the high speed part of the stack stiffened. Upgrading the stage 5s will help dial it in. Just want to get the stack right so I'm not trying to compensate with adjustments.