Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Added some heat shield (not trigger quality) and some spray foam… we’ll see how that helps with the heat… best I could do with what I had…

IMG 6468
IMG 6469
IMG 6470
IMG 6474
IMG 6475

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Also the skinny pedal is twitchy… every bump caused an acceleration and deceleration… I think I have whiplash now… any suggestions?
This the answer to the pedal.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Not too happy with the @SuperATV radius arms.. details to follow .. but the gist is the instructions were wrong and caused my tires to wear over 1/4”+ in less than 200 miles of usage..
I told you something was wrong! Far more than some negative camber would ever do that quickly.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m down about a half inch on the tread…. I’ll take some measurements and pics of all this and submit a claim

Lots of questions........

Did you match the length of the new arms to the old ones?

Did you check the rear toe in/out after you installed them?

Did it have a bunch of noticable negative camber when you were done with the installation?

I'm no fan of SATV, but how is this their fault? You installed them, there was an obvious alignment problem using their directions (Scoop seemed to notice if im reading his post correctly) and you drove it like that. Not SATV's fault and more like user error.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X

Did it have a bunch of noticable negative camber when you were done with the installation?

I'm no fan of SATV, but how is this their fault? You installed them, there was an obvious alignment problem using their directions (Scoop seemed to notice if im reading his post correctly) and you drove it like that. Not SATV's fault and more like user error.
One could possibly ponder the scrubbing dragging noise of a tire that removed 1/2” of tread after the first 1/4” was gone - alignment is owner issue no matter what the instructions say - as my dad said “if someone told you to put your Winkie in a vise and close it hard’ - would you do it - lol

don’t be a victim

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV

One could possibly ponder the scrubbing dragging noise of a tire that removed 1/2” of tread after the first 1/4” was gone - alignment is owner issue no matter what the instructions say - as my dad said “if someone told you to put your Winkie in a vise and close it hard’ - would you do it - lol

don’t be a victim
Y’all are probably right but as one who is new to all this stuff I relied on the instructions to guide me… they are completely wrong and I didn’t know any better.. lessen was learned

I wanted to share this so others would learn and @SuperATV should change their instructions

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Y’all are probably right but as one who is new to all this stuff I relied on the instructions to guide me… they are completely wrong and I didn’t know any better.. lessen was learned

I wanted to share this so others would learn and @SuperATV should change their instructions

What do their instructions say?

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
What do their instructions say?
Here what the instructions said… it specifically calls out measurements, not to measure thee existing rods or to check toe in/out…

I had to double-check that I didn’t screw anything up with the measurements…

IMG 6591

IMG 6587
IMG 6588
IMG 6589
IMG 6590

Not the best angle for the close up measurements as I had #1 help me… but you can see they match the instructions

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV

don’t be a victim
I think your analogy is not really applicable (comparing apples to prime rib)

it’s more like: you bought a widget you’ve never seen or installed and have no clue about it but wanted to try it out… and the directions said to drill a 5/16 hole in a $600 part and then you go to install the widget only to find out it doesn’t fit… as it really needed to be a 3/16 hole… (maybe not the best analogy either) but feels more accurate in my mind 🤷‍♂️

In that case who’s fault is it?

advertisement