Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just dont post any pics of you actualy using the pioneer for any thing on here or there is a chance they might tell you that its not covered under that extened warranty.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Absolutely! Be careful guys on your posts and pictures of things being done. Very serious here

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just dont post any pics of you actualy using the pioneer for any thing on here or there is a chance they might tell you that its not covered under that extened warranty.

Ill just post me polishing it, HA

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Absolutely! Be careful guys on your posts and pictures of things being done. Very serious here
We live in a country with corporations that would rather employ some one to investigate the legitimacy of a warrenty claim or insurance policy, because of of to many fraudulent claims. So instead of paying out to loyal customers, they are looking for the littlest thing that can get them out of have to pay out. But there next quarterly profits will be record breaking just watch.

Rant over sorry

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We live in a country with corporations that would rather employ some one to investigate the legitimacy of a warrenty claim or insurance policy, because of of to many fraudulent claims. So instead of paying out to loyal customers, they are looking for the littlest thing that can get them out of have to pay out. But there next quartly profits will be record breaking just watch.

Rant over sorry

Trump will fix this and if he can't the Russians will, HA

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Corporate Greed:mad: Honda turn on your TV and watch the news...it's going to cost you more in the long run!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Probably so. The rubber band might be more attractive and more affordable from the get go, with good suspension. Hmmmmmmmm!

My experience with belts wasn't the best. It's not with most people and there is really only this problem on the Honda. Apparently you haven't owned a Polaris lol. I've got one in my driveway that already had full top end,rings,5belts front and rear wheel bearings multiple times,throttle lever (100 bucks btw) front breaks, over heated day one (took forever for them to figure out) ... ... ... it's dead in the driveway and is going in this week for a full rebuild. Miles? 2700. POFS!
Oh and btw a clutch setup is only double the money but takes me half the time. I'll admit I hate getting oily and changing them all the time but they fixed yours under warranty so remember that. I'm not sure Polaris would give you a belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive gone out with 2 polaris's 3 times in the last month in a half. One is a 2 seater 1000 and the other a 4 seater 900. Both have had issues. 1st weekend. The 1000 broke a front passenger axle and was going into limp mode due to a belt over temp code. 2nd weekend the 4 seater lost a wheel bearing. 3rd weekend last weekend the 4 seater smoked his belt and would go into limp mode. Both were 2016s with less than 1000 miles. My only problem was finding the bottom of my cooler and needing to put fuel in the rig. We all went the same places and rod the same way.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I got into a mud hole the other day and couldn't go forward anymore bc the Honda wouldn't climb up the hill to get out... when I put it in reverse, it just sat there and modulated the clutches... never engaged, and never turned a tire. I could have easily burned my clutches up right then and there, but I chose not to. The Teryx that was right behind me backed out with no problems.
the fact that jackal seems compelled to trade his 2016 for a 2017 to fix the clutch issue tells me that there is a design flaw with the 16s and there is no "fix" coming from honda. sucks that we spent all this money on a honda side by side that is no more reliable than a Polaris.
yes, @CumminsPusher it is a farm machine, and probably not very good for that either.
sorry yall, I just call em like I see em.

I feel compelled to trade because I have one that for whatever reason be it oil pressure, oil temp, ECM programming or a combination of all just isn't having the success the other 97% P1K owners are having. I feel it really is a case by case issue not an overall model wide issue. The units that have problems have them and ones that don't, just perform fine.

As far as a fix, time will tell but in the age of the Internet a month is a lifetime on a forum as is a day on Facebook . Before losing all faith let's wait and see what happens.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The part I hate is it's a Honda failing. We always stayed close to camp on popo and wasn't till the 700 we'd venture out. The 1000 I'm nervous. It's not just the clutches in mine. I think some are like this and are more prone to going out. We get 3-400 on a set that's it. That's not normal. In all truth I'd expect under hard driving should be 2-4000 maybe easier driving 5-10000. I don't think that's going to be seen wit a vast number of machines.

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I feel compelled to trade because I have one that for whatever reason be it oil pressure, oil temp, ECM programming or a combination of all just isn't having the success the other 97% P1K owners are having. I feel it really is a case by case issue not an overall model wide issue. The units that have problems have them and ones that don't, just perform fine.

As far as a fix, time will tell but in the age of the Internet a month is a lifetime on a forum as is a day on Facebook . Before losing all faith let's wait and see what happens.
That's just what I was posting. I've got that one too @JACKAL. "Apparently " you can't drive either lmao! Ya right!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I don't think Jackal knows for sure about the 17 model not having clutch issues. A good salesperson can sell someone anything. If Honda did find the problem and fix it and it's the same setup then the 16 model will follow. No way did Honda redesign the clutch or the trans on the 17 model. Cost would of been way to high They put all their research in the new 4 wheel drive system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know nothing 100% but I assure you my conversations with salesmen are limited to what I will pay. Information on the machines I rely on come from a highly credible source that benefits in no way from telling me anything, other than occasionally quelling uninformed opinions being passed as fact.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I never claimed to be no Mario Androosie.
I was truly meaning that as sarcasm. I know you can drive. I just meant the "your clutches keep going out so it must be your driving " mentality.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.