P1000 FYI, Honda responce to heat problem

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Finally got my pioneer back after almost 4 weeks. That's how long it took Honda to get the "heat fix" to the dealer and the dealer said it took about an hour to put on. (Taking there time). I haven't had a chance to test it for any length of time but it is an improvement just from my short jaunts around my house. It's a little quieter too.

Once I get more time on it, I will continue to report back. Right now, it feels like it is managing the heat issue but certainly not fixing it. With that said, I'm not expecting no heat; just don't want my daughter to be steamed during our rides.

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
I hope they will do something with mine Honda and my dealer are no help at all right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I hope they will do something with mine Honda and my dealer are no help at all right now.

My parts will be in next week supposedly, but I was also supposed to here from my dealer 2 weeks ago :(

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I did my own solution and was very happy with it after a 40 mile run over 5 hours through the mountains and creeks. I no longer get any steam in cab and the hard plastic between the seat back and bottom doesn't even get warm to the touch now let alone get burn you hot. Here is pics and details. It took maybe 90 minutes taking my time and cost $33 for enough material for 2 machines.

P1000 - Jackal's P1000-5

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
I'm gonna try that for mine jackal. I have seats and plastic out now. And have ordered kit from Amazon. Wish me luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I did my own solution and was very happy with it after a 40 mile run over 5 hours through the mountains and creeks. I no longer get any steam in cab and the hard plastic between the seat back and bottom doesn't even get warm to the touch now let alone get burn you hot. Here is pics and details. It took maybe 90 minutes taking my time and cost $33 for enough material for 2 machines.

P1000 - Jackal's P1000-5
Great looking job. I have the honda fix and it helps the heat about 10 percent and steam about 90 percent. I installed a 4" bilge fan and it is the real heat fix. When i forget to turn it on after refreshment stop, we can really notice the difference.

pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
My heat kit from Honda works as good as the thermal blanket under seat. It makes it manageable. It does not solve it. I'm also not noticing any heat coming up from seat belts.

D

Dnorris1369

Jun 18, 2016
North Carolina
Id do the bilge fan myself but I think it's over my head far as my ability

X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

P1000 - Jackal's P1000-5
Were did you get your material for the heat shield. Home Dept?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Were did you get your material for the heat shield. Home Dept?

The link is in post 384, 5 posts up in my build thread.

advertisement
MAV

MAV

Dec 18, 2015
OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20160807 133330
20160807 133345

Just put some AC in this bad boy. Also added one under the seat and a heat shield!
1470591709867 776973802

MAV

MAV

Dec 18, 2015
OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you should be good to go... now you just need a bucket of water and one of those dc bilge pumps that @joeymt33 has so you can make you a mister for your ac!
Is that so... I need to see this mister set up. Got any pics Joeymt33?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that so... I need to see this mister set up. Got any pics Joeymt33?
he was just using the pump to spray off his windshield, but I'm thinking it would be nice to provide some spray behind those bilge pumps!

Reactions: joeymt33 and MAV
ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Received a call from my dealer today. Was promised a kit almost two months ago. He stated the kits they installed have not fixed the issue like Honda had wished. So I am on a "list" for when the next fix comes.

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
White Pine, MI Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lets all wright letters. Where do you send the letter to?
I agree, I bought the 1000-5 for me and my wife. She went for one ride with me and that was the last time she rode because of the heat problem. I have complained to Honda too, they say the are testing something now to take care of heat problem. I told they may get someone suing them, told them that the seat belt harness got so hot that if I would have had my wrist on it for a length of time it would have blistered it was so hot. I have always bought Honda's, this is really the first time I had a complaint. Hope they come with a recall soon!

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is BS.... Honda should have known about the heat problem from the creation of this machine. The heat problem it's so damn obvious that Honda should realized and take corrective action while doing the QC test. But greed has become the norm now for these companies...
I agree 100%, I told Honda exactly what you are saying, told them how in the heck when they did testing they did not correct the heat problem.

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree 100%, I told Honda exactly what you are saying, told them how in the heck when they did testing they did not correct the heat problem.

I can tell you how...they tested the machine with no accessories on it, mainly windshield. Simple as that.

Dan1960

Dan1960

Jul 10, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can tell you how...they tested the machine with no accessories on it, mainly windshield. Simple as that.
I just got off the phone with dealer I bought my SXS from, he told me they put a few test kits on some Honda 1000-5's. It a shield that goes under seat made out of a heavy rubber. Said it's been about 1-1/2 weeks and hasn't heard back from either of them. Said they may be just talking with factory rep. Asked him if he thought they would work, he wasn't sure. He was telling me that his in-laws have one that he put some miles on and didn't see problem with heat. Said all SXS have heat under seat. Was starting to PISS me off. I told him they all can't be like Honda's heat, he didn't agree. I told him if he didn't see a problem with heat then all can't be the same. :) I even told him the seat belt gets so hot I could burn myself, which I think it would.

Told me I should be getting a letter from Honda soon.

Reactions: SIHunter
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got off the phone with dealer I bought my SXS from, he told me they put a few test kits on some Honda 1000-5's. It a shield that goes under seat made out of a heavy rubber. Said it's been about 1-1/2 weeks and hasn't heard back from either of them. Said they may be just talking with factory rep. Asked him if he thought they would work, he wasn't sure. He was telling me that his in-laws have one that he put some miles on and didn't see problem with heat. Said all SXS have heat under seat. Was starting to PISS me off. I told him they all can't be like Honda's heat, he didn't agree. I told him if he didn't see a problem with heat then all can't be the same. :) I even told him the seat belt gets so hot I could burn myself, which I think it would.

Told me I should be getting a letter from Honda soon.
If you want the heat issue resolved and to move on with life and enjoy your machine, then add the bilge blower like many others have done.

advertisement