People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
so where do you find these fans, how much are they and do you wire them to a switch on dash?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've installed my insulation under the seat which helped a good bit. I'm looking at my options for mounting the bilge blowers I bought off of Amazon...I know heat removal is our biggest concern but has anyone reversed the blowers to see how much heat is pulled in to the cab? Winter is around the corner.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the seat solution blocker, and also a bilge blower. The blower helped the front, but now the rear seats are a blast furnace. It'll literally cook your shins to the point where you can't hold your feet / legs down there. Honda really didn't test these well if that's what they're saying. No one in their right minds could stand the heat without some mitigated solutions. Mine was so hot from the factory that the area between the bottom seat and back rest was untouchable. People riding with me would lean forward to get away from it.

S

Shifty

Aug 1, 2016
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the seat solution blocker, and also a bilge blower. The blower helped the front, but now the rear seats are a blast furnace. It'll literally cook your shins to the point where you can't hold your feet / legs down there. Honda really didn't test these well if that's what they're saying. No one in their right minds could stand the heat without some mitigated solutions. Mine was so hot from the factory that the area between the bottom seat and back rest was untouchable. People riding with me would lean forward to get away from it.
I installed the insulation under the seat but have not installed the blower yet. I have parked mine until the cooler weather arrives and hopefully Honda steps in. Since I called them and also called my dealer over a month ago I have not received, repeat not received even a courtesy call from either of them. I think the blower solution though is still the best any of us can do. The people on the forum are a far greater asset and helpful in finding a solution to us. The company is more interested in "Risk Management" and avoiding costly recalls. Seems this is a very common problem in all brands of Utility side by sides.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've installed my insulation under the seat which helped a good bit. I'm looking at my options for mounting the bilge blowers I bought off of Amazon...I know heat removal is our biggest concern but has anyone reversed the blowers to see how much heat is pulled in to the cab? Winter is around the corner.

View attachment 21135

By the time I finally get blowers in we will be using for heat as well. I think at slower speeds it'll work well and help the window clear. I'm curious about running in the snow if it'll send some powder into the cabin

Sent from iPhone

gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The problem seems worse with the Honda though. I dont hear of any other folks daying it's nearly too hot to ride.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I got the seat heat shield from our member it works good. But installed the fan today! I used a temp sensor because I did not want the fan running any time key was on. This is temporary just to make sure it works I will make a bracket for sensor and for fan. Got it hooked up and so far it runs & cuts off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
The sensor is grounded to exhaust pipe when temp gets up it grounds out and sends ground to my blower motor

Reactions: Eltobgi
gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Slick. Mines on a switch, but I could do that too. Is it the right temp range? How long does it take to shut down?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Watch the video idling about 20 seconds. I will add a switch to mine so I can cut it off while in deep water.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Pretty clever! I had wanted to hook mine to temp sensor as well but got lazy! Just added a on/off switch to 2 3" blowers.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
For the past week I had daily temp swings from 35 to 85.
I have a switch on the dash to control the 4 inch blower. Twice a a day we would alternate between bilge blower and heated seats for sunrise, mid day heat, and sunset. Honestly - I never expected either of those modifications to be so useful.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 22016

Is that a radiator temp switch mounted to the exhaust pipe? Are you leaving it that way or was it just to test connection and give it a short burst of quick heat too?

Just wondering I would think that the exhaust pipe heat at 1200ish plus degrees would melt the internals of that sensor if not possibly the sensor.

Then ground out the circuit and possibly cause a fire.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A80d9da0cbd5330f0996cafd26cdd17a
I got a unit similar to this (not as pretty) but haven't installed yet. Probably here soon use it in the same manor for heat into cabin. They are fully programmable so you could place the sender anywhere. My plan is for placement in the cabin for the sensor where it's most important (not based off of engine temp but rather cabin temp) then it'll act as climate control. It'll turn on when hot or cold but blow either way depending. Hopefully if we get enough heat from the engine bay in the winter it'll keep it fairly warm. Fan direction will be a little harder but want that automatic

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
advertisement