Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked this off an old Windrock ATV Forum post on March 2013:

"Riding trails in Franklin Co. has become a headache. I have found a new place to ride with endless trails and with no headache involved. Just head over to coalmont,tn. and you can park beside a old store that isn't open anymore over by the Grundy EMS building and across from the Coalmont Post office. From there you will take Phipps St. around the curve that runs into Heidenburg Rd N until you come to 7th Ave. Take a left there and go straight on that road and it changes into Company Farm Rd. till you see the Colonial Pipeline on the right. It's a natural gas sub-station of some sort. The dirt road your looking for is just past the Colonial Pipeline to the right. once your on the dirt road,your on your own! Days,weeks,months,even yrs. of riding with no hassle.We met many folks out there and from what they say,no one cares about people riding the trails there and everyone was very nice in giving directions. There is a gravel road out there that you can take a road off the mountain and ride into the hollows and ride forever through 3 counties. If you ride long enough you will endup in Savage Gulf and there is a very old church out in the middle of nowhere. Use your Google map and check it out and you will see these trails but being there is the best way.With all the trouble we are having with riding in Franklin Co. this is the best place to ride with no one getting bent out of shape because your riding. Of course, respect the land and don't litter! Happy Trails everyone!"

This is all new to me, but I am looking forward to some fun Adventures!
Not sure what they mean by that. I live in Franklin county and have never had a problem riding Iron Gap/ Bull Run. Im off next 4 days so I might hop on bike and go check out these directions. Coalmont isn't far from me. If I can find secondary roads, may even drive the p1k. If I go I'll report back what I find.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO it'd be worth the drive for you. Got a little of everything. Great rock hills to climb from mild to pretty wild. Fast fire break type trails through the woods, and some awesome mud. The "mudholes" area has several small innocent looking holes that'll swallow your rig whole lol.
I don't mind the drive and doing an over night in the area... sounds like what I'm looking for!

Reactions: Delton
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure what they mean by that. I live in Franklin county and have never had a problem riding Iron Gap/ Bull Run. Im off next 4 days so I might hop on bike and go check out these directions. Coalmont isn't far from me. If I can find secondary roads, may even drive the p1k. If I go I'll report back what I find.
That would be awesome! Look forward to learning what you learn if make the ride over there.

Reactions: sharp
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I don't mind the drive and doing an over night in the area... sounds like what I'm looking for!

Let's make it happen sometime in November. Our sailor has graduation from A school next weekend so we will be in Charleston. Nothing big planed for November.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let's make it happen sometime in November. Our sailor has graduation from A school next weekend so we will be in Charleston. Nothing big planed for November.
I have family in for the week of Thanksgiving and other than that, normal business travel for me. We should toss some dates out there and see what sticks or who else might be interested in getting together. Seems like an ideal time of year to be riding...

Where is your son heading after A School?

Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I have family in for the week of Thanksgiving and other than that, normal business travel for me. We should toss some dates out there and see what sticks or who else might be interested in getting together. Seems like an ideal time of year to be riding...

Where is your son heading after A School?

He stays in Charleston for nuclear power school. He will have another year in Charleston before heading out to the fleet.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a couple nice hotels in town just 15 mins from trailhead. Depending on the foster kid situation, if I have enough room, you're more than welcome to crash at my house. Bear in mind I work weekends. So unless I take vacation day I have to ride during the week.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know it wouldn't take much at all to get a mini Takeover going in our area. I can name at least 10 members all within easy riding distance.

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picked this off an old Windrock ATV Forum post on March 2013:

"Riding trails in Franklin Co. has become a headache. I have found a new place to ride with endless trails and with no headache involved. Just head over to coalmont,tn. and you can park beside a old store that isn't open anymore over by the Grundy EMS building and across from the Coalmont Post office. From there you will take Phipps St. around the curve that runs into Heidenburg Rd N until you come to 7th Ave. Take a left there and go straight on that road and it changes into Company Farm Rd. till you see the Colonial Pipeline on the right. It's a natural gas sub-station of some sort. The dirt road your looking for is just past the Colonial Pipeline to the right. once your on the dirt road,your on your own! Days,weeks,months,even yrs. of riding with no hassle.We met many folks out there and from what they say,no one cares about people riding the trails there and everyone was very nice in giving directions. There is a gravel road out there that you can take a road off the mountain and ride into the hollows and ride forever through 3 counties. If you ride long enough you will endup in Savage Gulf and there is a very old church out in the middle of nowhere. Use your Google map and check it out and you will see these trails but being there is the best way.With all the trouble we are having with riding in Franklin Co. this is the best place to ride with no one getting bent out of shape because your riding. Of course, respect the land and don't litter! Happy Trails everyone!"

This is all new to me, but I am looking forward to some fun Adventures!
35°20'20.5"N 85°41'22.5"W these are the coordinates at the substation

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton, that's right between us. I come through there to get to your place
What dates are you available again in Nov? The 19th and 20th right? I can take a vacation day for that Friday the 19th.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maps says it's 36 mins from me. It has me taking 64 which I can't ride on with p1k. I'll see if there's back roads I can take. As long as speed limit is 40 or less.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does the 19th sit with everybody? We still got time to plan but how's that for a tentative date?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I told the wife we needed a dual sport bike lol. That'd be perfect for this type situation lol

Reactions: Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can make it for the 19th... Maybe come up and spend the night in the area on the 18th.

Reactions: drfubar
advertisement