Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The store?
You'll see it when you get there. Old country store with large sign in front that says "Creightons". Got some outstanding country cooking in there too lol. The store, EMS, and ag building are all right next to each other off hwy 56. Park in parking lot of ag building which is directly across from store. Then take the road that runs between them. After you get through the S curve, take first left. Go bout a mile and you'll see pipeline substation on your right (Colonial Pipeline). Right after substation is dirt road with a gate. Take that and drive around gate. After that, you're on your own lol. It's gonna take you a while to map this place. Not only is it miles of trails, but there intersecting trails ever few hundred yards. It's almost like a maze. I can see how people get lost there lol.

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You'll see it when you get there. Old country store with large sign in front that says "Creightons". Got some outstanding country cooking in there too lol. The store, EMS, and ag building are all right next to each other off hwy 56. Park in parking lot of ag building which is directly across from store. Then take the road that runs between them. After you get through the S curve, take first left. Go bout a mile and you'll see pipeline substation on your right (Colonial Pipeline). Right after substation is dirt road with a gate. Take that and drive around gate. After that, you're on your own lol. It's gonna take you a while to map this place. Not only is it miles of trails, but there intersecting trails ever few hundred yards. It's almost like a maze. I can see how people get lost there lol.
Well, I'm sure I'm just going to hit a portion of it if it's that big but at least I'll have an idea for Saturday the 19th. I don't want these guys to drive all that way and not get a good ride. Wish you were available too.

Reactions: Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I'm sure I'm just going to hit a portion of it if it's that big but at least I'll have an idea for Saturday the 19th. I don't want these guys to drive all that way and not get a good ride. Wish you were available too.
For me, part of the fun is not know exactly where we are going and what it has to offer. The idea of less dust is great and still hoping for some rain between now and then! What's up with this long dry spell? When I rode Durhamtown, it was a huge dustbowl... Watching some of @JACKAL's recent exploration was very intriguing to me.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or the 18th. Depending on when everybody wants to go there.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For me, part of the fun is not know exactly where we are going and what it has to offer. The idea of less dust is great and still hoping for some rain between now and then! What's up with this long dry spell? When I rode Durhamtown, it was a huge dustbowl... Watching some of @JACKAL's recent exploration was very intriguing to me.
I'm same way. Swallowing a ton of dust seriously takes away from the fun. Surely it will rain sooner or later. I didn't cover much ground at the Gulf but I never seen any boring sections. I did hit a couple hundred yards of gravel but it led to a decent rocky climb. I wouldn't advise high speed night riding. There was a couple curves that if you missed don't bother with an ambulance. The bottom was several hundred feet below. All the rollbar in the world wouldn't save you lol.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm same way. Swallowing a ton of dust seriously takes away from the fun. Surely it will rain sooner or later. I didn't cover much ground at the Gulf but I never seen any boring sections. I did hit a couple hundred yards of gravel but it led to a decent rocky climb. I wouldn't advise high speed night riding. There was a couple curves that if you missed don't bother with an ambulance. The bottom was several hundred feet below. All the rollbar in the world wouldn't save you lol.
Ok, if youts guys would rather not know where you are going, I'll keep it to myself because I'm the opposite. I like to know what's around the corner or at the bottom of that drop.. lol

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds like there is a lot of territory to cover at the Gulf and besides, boredom is a state of mind! I'm a rookie to this stuff and have no intention of purposely getting stupid, if you know what I mean! To old for to get hurt, back in the day I would bounce, these days it's a thud when I hit the ground! Seeing that I will only be there for one day and I don't pretend that my vote holds a lot of weight, but it would be for the Gulf on Saturday! In my best Terminator voice "I'll be back"!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds like there is a lot of territory to cover at the Gulf and besides, boredom is a state of mind! I'm a rookie to this stuff and have no intention of purposely getting stupid, if you know what I mean! To old for to get hurt, back in the day I would bounce, these days it's a thud when I hit the ground! Seeing that I will only be there for one day and I don't pretend that my vote holds a lot of weight, but it would be for the Gulf on Saturday! In my best Terminator voice "I'll be back"!
Your vote counts as much as any other.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, if youts guys would rather not know where you are going, I'll keep it to myself because I'm the opposite. I like to know what's around the corner or at the bottom of that drop.. lol
I like exploring new ground, but I also like having some kind of game plan. Half a dozen 1 ton vehicles trying to turn around cause we hit a dead end isnt any fun. I'm all for getting the lay of the land.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pay particular attention to the dust (if any) you kick up down there. I didn't kick up any last week but my foreman doesn't weigh a ton either lol. Call me a wuss but dust is enough to keep me from riding at a spot. I've had a couple opportunities to ride Bull last couple of weeks. Dust is why I haven't.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar