image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
After a couple months waiting they are finally here! They did work with me on an area I wasn't happy with fitiment though and they were more then willing. It was an area that wore out more quickly but now solveWasn't going to spruce up the outside without bringing some into the cabin.
I've had these in three Pioneers but this was the first time going away from camo. Definitely didn't like camo with all the red on the outside.
Ordered up grey with red inserts in the toughest material they have it's also much more uv protectant.
IMG 9624

Last edited:
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a couple months waiting they are finally here! They did work with me on an area I wasn't happy with fitiment though and they were more then willing. It was an area that wore out quickly. Wasn't going to spruce up the outside without bringing some into the cabin.
I've had these in three Pioneers but this was the first time going away from camo. Definitely didn't like camo with all the red on the outside.
Ordered up grey with red inserts in the toughest material they have it's also much more uv protectant.
View attachment 40276
Did you just use a local upholstery place?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did you just use a local upholstery place?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

No RuffTuff seat covers. They make them for all the Pioneers. 20% more but very good quality and you can order any color pattern and material type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
No RuffTuff seat covers. They make them for all the Pioneers. 20% more but very good quality and you can order any color pattern and material type.

Just looked them up for the 500, you can get a new seat for less.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Seem to fit fine over the 3/8 in gel pad we used
5bc1b3b54f08b0ac30fe929f70561272.jpg

683f3aa7ac116628ca8d91894593aa34

Can't wait to get these all in but more pressing things to be done.

Did you leave the original seat covers on?

Reactions: sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
After a couple months waiting they are finally here! They did work with me on an area I wasn't happy with fitiment though and they were more then willing. It was an area that wore out more quickly but now solveWasn't going to spruce up the outside without bringing some into the cabin.
View attachment 40276

Nice touch!:cool:

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know I'm all over the place on posting but that's where we're at. Busting ass on literally 15 different projects and it's crunch time. Picked up serious wire loom it's as big as my arm haven't needed anything like this since the bus build.
IMG 9633

2 6gu, 6 rca monster cables,12 speaker wire all stereo,2 4gu rear winch cable,3 10gu for fans and probably 12-15 other wires from dash to ass.seeing for the first time the actual scale of wiring scares me. Things are coming along though

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not good to run power and RCA's in the same raceway. Can cause interference.

Agreed! But there are not many options for running wire if not all together! I have mine together and there is no noticible interference.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I'd isolate the RCA's and speaker wires in a smaller loom inside the big one. With the cable jacket and the loom, they'll be shielded.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

This I'll agree with! Same thing is true for the video rca used for camera. Unfortunately there was only one good pathway through not many choices. We have been listening to the system as we've been building and it is clear. Did take the time to bundle all speaker wires through separate 1/2" wire loom inside the large loom. Definitely Did the best possible through this. Thank you for bringing this up as it is an important thing for wiring. Normally speaking you run separate sides of the vehicle for the two

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd isolate the RCA's and speaker wires in a smaller loom inside the big one. With the cable jacket and the loom, they'll be shielded.
Exactly buddy! @trigger I know you're very good stereo and this is exactly what was done. Again there's only one way through and I didn't want looms stacked. Monster cable was used for RCA which has much better shielding as well.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I'm all over the place on posting but that's where we're at. Busting ass on literally 15 different projects and it's crunch time. Picked up serious wire loom it's as big as my arm haven't needed anything like this since the bus build. View attachment 40297

2 6gu, 6 rca monster cables,12 speaker wire all stereo,2 4gu rear winch cable,3 10gu for fans and probably 12-15 other wires from dash to ass.seeing for the first time the actual scale of wiring scares me. Things are coming along though
Dang brother! I'm so thankful I'm not into sound systems or lights lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I figured I'd share this on the heating /cooling system. It's totally programmable and as of right now ours is set for 70deg with a 10 degree swing. What that means is it comes on 10deg either side of that. This will be adjusted as we ride but Heat at 60 and cooling on 80deg
This shows it starting off in cooling mode. The indicators on the left show power on for each given fan set. This was all videoed using ice and blowdryer so it's a bit jumpy! Keep in mind this controller is less expensive then a single fan switch and it's automatically doing the job of two so that's a great deal imo.

Last edited:
advertisement