sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Did you get this resolved?

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
Yeah, what he said!
Negative. I'm out of town for a few weeks working nights and the dealer is real small. Last I spoke with them, (Last Friday) they said Honda wanted them to check the software first. Since I wont be able to pick it up anytime soon, I haven't been pushing them.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
I do hope that someone comes out with a gear reduction. Doesn't look like it would be hard to do since the subtransmission works like a transfer case plus the reverse.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Software????? Whoooly sniekies these have black boxes?

Reactions: joeymt33
mikegzales

mikegzales

Feb 8, 2016
louisiana
Negative. I'm out of town for a few weeks working nights and the dealer is real small. Last I spoke with them, (Last Friday) they said Honda wanted them to check the software first. Since I wont be able to pick it up anytime soon, I haven't been pushing them.
mine and one other are in the shop for the last week waiting on honda to figure it out

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Mikegzales, welcome to the club!
Sorry to hear. Can you recall when the odd gear clutch smoked?

mikegzales

mikegzales

Feb 8, 2016
louisiana
Hi Mikegzales, welcome to the club!
Sorry to hear. Can you recall when the odd gear clutch smoked?
I was in alabama on the higher inclines that i have previously been on... other than this issue I am loving this machine ... just want the issue resolved faster than they are doing... I have a ride coming soon that i already have campsite reserved for.... like i said I brought mine in and not a day later another was in with the same issues

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
I was in alabama on the higher inclines that i have previously been on... other than this issue I am loving this machine ... just want the issue resolved faster than they are doing... I have a ride coming soon that i already have campsite reserved for.... like i said I brought mine in and not a day later another was in with the same issues
Not trying to question your driving skills so please don't take it that way but was you in low,high,sport,manual, etc. for most of the day. Just trying to figure out what is going on. Me and my buddy was experimenting with it and in the trails low definitely worked the transmission more. Seemed like high/sport was the way to go in the trails at a brisk pace and just for reference he has stock tires.

mikegzales

mikegzales

Feb 8, 2016
louisiana
Not trying to question your driving skills so please don't take it that way but was you in low,high,sport,manual, etc. for most of the day. Just trying to figure out what is going on. Me and my buddy was experimenting with it and in the trails low definitely worked the transmission more. Seemed like high/sport was the way to go in the trails at a brisk pace and just for reference he has stock tires.
mine was sold to me with 28/10-14 nothing serious... i have the problem whether in low or high ... it is a slip that is very noticeable... the service people drove it harder than i have lol... it was towards the end of the day when noticed the slip... it is slipping now regardless of the terrain

mikegzales

mikegzales

Feb 8, 2016
louisiana
I cannot help but be nervous because the more this subject is discussed the more people are coming forward saying their clutches shutter doing this or that and frankly I will not pay $20,000 bucks for this until i know more about it. We would never settle for a pickup that shuttered while crawling along in the woods or in inching along in rush hour traffic.
amen... mine started with a shutter and turned into a 3 gear slip... one week in the shop and still not a answer... says they are waiting on honda to discuss

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As someone that was a service tech at a bike shop few years ago, don't slack off on your contact with dealer just because you won't be home in a while. Never and I mean never let shop think you aren't in a hurry to get your ride back. It'll get pushed to the back of the shop and any and every job that comes through the door will be given priority over yours.
Don't tell them you are out of town or anything. Let them think you're in a hurry for it back. Let them fix it THEN let it sit in back of shop.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
My decision was between this one and the ranger hl edition. I'm beginning to question my decision. I've owned tons of cvt vehicles with no issues. This is scary.

Reactions: mikegzales
S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
As someone that was a service tech at a bike shop few years ago, don't slack off on your contact with dealer just because you won't be home in a while. Never and I mean never let shop think you aren't in a hurry to get your ride back. It'll get pushed to the back of the shop and any and every job that comes through the door will be given priority over yours.
Don't tell them you are out of town or anything. Let them think you're in a hurry for it back. Let them fix it THEN let it sit in back of shop.
Thanks for the advice. I'll call them tomorrow.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
I called and the dealer said they sent the computer info to Honda and haven't gotten a response. They will contact Honda Thursday if they don't here anything tomorrow. It's been 3 weeks, good thing I wasn't in a hurry.

advertisement