Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher, how soon will they be able to tear it down to see the extent of the damage? You made a statement that it would never be the same. But... i think this problem represents an opportunity to experiment. I know there are very skilled members on this forum who would have ideas on engine mods to increase HP and Performance. Imagine the journey we would all be taken on to see what could be. Lets hear some ideas. Mine is a big bore kit!
It's being torn down now. I'll know everything today. There is an oversize available but only a small bump depending on the cylinder wall they may go that way if possible. There are no other aftermarket parts that I'm aware of but anything out of ordinary would void warrentee but you brought something interesting up and I will talk to them and report back

Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Nightcrawler thats f'ed up:)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It's being torn down now. I'll know everything today. There is an oversize available but only a small bump depending on the cylinder wall they may go that way if possible. There are no other aftermarket parts that I'm aware of but anything out of ordinary would void warrentee but you brought something interesting up and I will talk to them and report back
Get some photos if you could, that would be interesting to see:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Image Did it look kinda like this?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
These might be better ways of going about getting your drowned Pioneer fixed under waranty:
1. The dump bed wouldn't dump the 2,000 load so you had to try and float the load off of it.
2. Stuff keeps flying out of the compartments on the dash, so you have to park facing down hill, and the lack of a parking brake allowed your machine to roll down into the swamp.
3. While trying to locate the ultra secret "outside" opening lever for the dump bed you hit your head on the undercarriage, and in a state of confusion drove into the lake.
*Some of these sound a little ridiculous but we know @Plumber101010 will have your back!
:)

Funny guy... LOL

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Amazing what puddles will do!

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's crazy! If you have insurance they will be easier to work with than honda.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just read this thread for the first time. Honda should be PROUD to stand behind a warranty, especially on a first year production model, if for any other reason, just to show everybody these machines are made for abuse and can take it, and if it doesn't, they will stand by it.

What's a little bizarre is them saying they haven't had any other issues with this problem.

Well DUH, enough of them hasn't been out there long enough for them to be made aware of these issues, in fact, since it's in the first year of production, the way that you ARE made aware of these issues Honda is when the first few come trickling in...

However, maybe this has something to do with it. Did a little research as far as timing goes.

I've been reassured by many that Honda definitely reads these threads.

I can't help but think that maybe it didn't help your cause that on my Dear Honda thread, of course at the time not thinking that maybe they would read it, you posted you beat the holy crap out of your machine, you had a major issue that was probably your fault, as well as a host of other things I read where you freely admited abusing the heck out of it.

I'm just curious, do you think Honda read that and could've been part of the reason for their decision???

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried to take it to another dealer for a second opinion? Just to keep everyone honest.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just read this thread for the first time. Honda should be PROUD to stand behind a warranty, especially on a first year production model, if for any other reason, just to show everybody these machines are made for abuse and can take it, and if it doesn't, they will stand by it.

What's a little bizarre is them saying they haven't had any other issues with this problem.

Well DUH, enough of them hasn't been out there long enough for them to be made aware of these issues, in fact, since it's in the first year of production, the way that you ARE made aware of these issues Honda is when the first few come trickling in...

However, maybe this has something to do with it. Did a little research as far as timing goes.

I can't help but think that maybe it didn't help your cause that on my Dear Honda thread, of course at the time not thinking that maybe they would read it, you posted you beat the holy crap out of your machine, you had a major issue that was probably your fault, as well as a host of other things I read where you freely admited abusing the heck out of it.

I'm just curious, do you think Honda read that and could've been part of the reason for their decision???
running the piss out of something to us is way different than what they are capable of. They have rev limiters, if he jumped it to high there would be obvious damage. If it was rolled it would show. So in reality what is running the heck out of it? Running at 6000 rpms continually? Its made for that.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Even if he said it they would still have to prove it. I also doubt that cumminspusher is his real name. Honda would have to do some investigating but I doubt they would.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I wanna see that air filter. If it got wet and let a bunch of sand in it better look pretty tore up.

Reactions: Hondasxs
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I wanna see that air filter. If it got wet and let a bunch of sand in it better look pretty tore up.
I would like to see the guy who said no on the warranty and ask how he can sleep at night.

advertisement