Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for sharing that info. It's a good start. Not sure if mine is an early model or not. Purchased this past Jan 5th so I'd think it's pretty early. I intend to keep on keeping on. Whatever I'm doing seems to be working lol. If they fail, they fail. It's an off-road playtoy. Stuff breaks. That's just how it is.
Come on MODERARS put all the clutch issues in one post THE ANSWER IS to clutch failure is faulty oil relief valve seats, they chamfered mine when they replaced the clutch baskets, no more CLUNK, just a click when running through the gears, totally different transmission now. I'm tired of telling people about this. It goes no where, if you are happy with the clunk, please disregard my reply.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Come on MODERARS put all the clutch issues in one post THE ANSWER IS to clutch failure is faulty oil relief valve seats, they chamfered mine when they replaced the clutch baskets, no more CLUNK, just a click when running through the gears, totally different transmission now. I'm tired of telling people about this. It goes no where, if you are happy with the clunk, please disregard my reply.

Who is your dealer? Service manager and phone number?

Thanks

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks
Really. One dealer figured out what the others didn't? If so, he needs to share what they've learned. As for the clunk....no clunk. Absolutely no shudder whatsoever no matter how easy I take off. Reverse is smooth as silk too. So until something concrete comes along, I'm fine where I'm at. I'm glad yours got fixed. Not glad dealers aren't sharing info unless the others don't agree with the chamfering trick. In which case we are back at ground zero.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks
And where did your people get this information? Honda? A whim? Just curious. If it didn't come from Honda, I'd be wary of letting a dealership go playing with my motor like that. These things are still fairly new. There isn't a mechanic alive with more than about a years experience with them. How scary is that?

J

JTW

And where did your people get this information? Honda? A whim? Just curious. If it didn't come from Honda, I'd be wary of letting a dealership go playing with my motor like that. These things are still fairly new. There isn't a mechanic alive with more than about a years experience with them. How scary is that?
Good point!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not being an arse it's just people are looking for some direction from Honda.
Yep, the dealer I bought mine from is a power house something or other. I pressured the service mgf. for some real answers and the owner of the dealership told me from the get go they would take care of me. They did Heartland Honda Springdale AR. can't say enough good things to say about them, GO Keylan. Ow yea they gave me another 10% discount on parts to say that HA HA

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep, the dealer I bought mine from is a power house something or other. I pressured the service mgf. for some real answers and the owner of the dealership told me from the get go they would take care of me. They did Heartland Honda Springdale AR. can't say enough good things to say about them, GO Keylan. Ow yea they gave me another 10% discount on parts to say that HA HA
Click, Click, Click, Click, Click. Get the picture?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Really. One dealer figured out what the others didn't? If so, he needs to share what they've learned. As for the clunk....no clunk. Absolutely no shudder whatsoever no matter how easy I take off. Reverse is smooth as silk too. So until something concrete comes along, I'm fine where I'm at. I'm glad yours got fixed. Not glad dealers aren't sharing info unless the others don't agree with the chamfering trick. In which case we are back at ground zero.
Wasn't the dealer, Honda, I gave them (dealer) very detailed info and Honda applied it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wasn't the dealer, Honda, I gave them (dealer) very detailed info and Honda applied it.
That's why I bought a Honda, they are a very good company, enough for sucking up, Honda when are you going to fix the heat issue?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's why I bought a Honda, they are a very good company, enough for sucking up, Honda when are you going to fix the heat issue?
I paid $ 22,000.00 for this the way it sets, the real cost is I probably won't be able to have intimate relations with my wife for ten years and Hermie will be long past his prime. HA

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I paid $ 22,000.00 for this the way it sets, the real cost is I probably won't be able to have intimate relations with my wife for ten years and Hermie will be long past his prime. HA
The one eyed worm

Reactions: JTW
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm not being an arse it's just people are looking for some direction from Honda.
Or some direction at all. Best we have is @CumminsPusher replacing the clutch.

@Smitty335
We hear you excited to have the claimed solution but we need details. Just saying to chamfered the oil relief valve is no help with out specifications on what was actually done. Until someone digs in and does it with details mine will stay a clunker. Yes, that makes me sad! Lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Or some direction at all. Best we have is @cummingspusher replacing the clutch.

We hear you excited to have the claimed solution but we need details. Just saying to chamfered the oil relief valve is no help with out specifications on what was actually done. Until someone digs in and does it with details mine will stay a clunker. Yes, that makes me sad! Lol.

The term clunker sucks lol but we know what you mean. Yes and so will mine. Sure agree with you if we had something here it's too costly to just go in and fiddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1BadDart
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I'm thinking this could all be as simple as a defective batch of oil pressure sensors - or just poor quality (did I say that) sensors that act up.
That would explain why some machines are more likely to get the problem and why replacing the clutch does not seem to be a permanent fix.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The term clunker sucks lol but we know what you mean. Yes and so will mine. Sure agree with you if we had something here it's too costly to just go in and fiddle.

I agree, it's one thing if the dealer fiddles and screws up but an entirely different if I fiddle and screw up. Just saying they "ported the relief valves" is like the doctor saying something is wrong with you, I'll operate. The devil is in the details.

advertisement