P1000 burnt clutches up with less than 400 miles

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
If only 20 had bad clutches, what's the odds of one dealer replacing clutches on 2 units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer in western wa has had 1 of those 20

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same thing old man dragging his gravel driveway out in high range

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
70,000 units sold? does that seem high to anyone else?
Ya there's no way those numbers are near correct. Those numbers are just numbers and in no way represent anything worth writing down. Words from a dealer. An explanation yet again that it's all driver error in some way, that many people weren't screwing up a 500 or 700 on oil changes but apparently it takes a rocket scientist on the 1000.

Reactions: popeye and AKRider
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
If only 20 had bad clutches, what's the odds of one dealer replacing clutches on 2 units?

Chances are pretty good if that is one of the dealers that delivered units without the correct fluid levels.
That has been reported on this forum.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
It's still a small number but probably not quite that small lol. If it was only 20 units Honda wouldn't be working so hard for a fix you can believe that.

Not trying to be a smart a## but how do you know they are working hard? I'm not suggesting they are not - but have not seen any evidence one way or the other.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not trying to be a smart a## but how do you know they are working hard? I'm not suggesting they are not - but have not seen any evidence one way or the other.

I've had issues with this and don't let things go. I've talked to enough people with enough info that I can promise you this. Some things Im not at liberty to repeat buddy. I've been a little anxious myself as you know but a big part of the reason I'm dealing with it as well as I am is because it's being looked into.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had issues with this and don't let things go. I've talked to enough people with enough info that I can promise you this. Some things Im not at liberty to repeat buddy. I've been a little anxious myself as you know but a big part of the reason I'm dealing with it as well as I am is because it's being looked into.

I have issues letting things go too... and being outspoken... I'll just leave it at that for now... :rolleyes:

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
If a machine oil capacity is about 6.8 quarts and it's a quart low no problems should ever exist.

Reactions: popeye
advertisement
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I think all dealerships have done clutch jobs on the 16 models pioneer 1000. Every dealer I have ask has told me that they have. I have ask 7 different dealers

J

JTW

I think all dealerships have done clutch jobs on the 16 models pioneer 1000. Every dealer I have ask has told me that they have. I have ask 7 different dealers

Mine hadn't

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
They aren't huge like some but they move a lot of bikes..
Maybe the mud and hills are worse in the E-town area of Ky than yours but still the percentages are low with some being operator abuse.

J

JTW

Maybe the mud and hills are worse in the E-town area of Ky than yours but still the percentages are low with some being operator abuse.
I bought mine from etown..that's who said they hadn't had any issues.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
I bought mine from etown..that's who said they hadn't had any issues.
Well you need to to talk to Steve, Ray or Austin again who I know well. They said four of them so far. Did Steve give you a good price? He is offering me a good deal on one, but my 700 so far has been bullet proof and I am still leery of taking a chance on a 1000 with heat and clutch problems.

advertisement