P1000 ALL Pioneer 1k owners cast your poll vote!! ***CLUTCH FAILURE TRACKING***

Had clutch failure? Cast vote for only vehicles you own!

• 1000-5 YES

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • 1000-5 NO

Votes: 93 70.5%
  • 1000-3 YES

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 1000-3 NO

Votes: 28 21.2%

• Total voters
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm no mathematician, but there's something not right about those percentages listed in the poll. Adding them together comes to 104.8%. As of this post there are 22 total votes. None of the percentages posted are correct. Can anyone with a bigger brain than me explain this?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is Honda taking care of the clutch problems? I was reading my warranty and it says that they exclude the clutches as it is a wear item.
Isn't that convenient??? :rolleyes:

Reactions: dotman1
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm no mathematician, but there's something not right about those percentages listed in the poll. Adding them together comes to 104.8%. As of this post there are 22 total votes. None of the percentages posted are correct. Can anyone with a bigger brain than me explain this?
Lol, any college grads with a degree in math.

Reactions: dotman1 and AKRider
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm also interested about the clutch repairs performed by Honda (I understand that many have done there own) whether or not anything is being done beyond simply replacing them?

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like every time I look at Honda Pioneer 1000 on Facebook somebody else is posting about their clutches failing...I've given my hell so far and have not had any clutch problems but it does have me worried when I go out for long ride like to windrock!

Most of the time on those posts you will also see a large number of people commenting with their mileage and that haven't had any issues at all. It's kind of hard complain about something that hasn't happened.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm also interested about the clutch repairs performed by Honda (I understand that many have done there own) whether or not anything is being done beyond simply replacing them?

You must have missed @Smitty335 post in another thread. He also might have mentioned it in this one. His dealer chamfered the oil valve seats, or something like that.

J

JTW

Seems like every time I look at Honda Pioneer 1000 on Facebook somebody else is posting about their clutches failing...I've given my hell so far and have not had any clutch problems but it does have me worried when I go out for long ride like to windrock!
Can you post the link.. what fb site is everyone seeing this stuff on?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
If u take 1 away the numbers add up to what's posted. Maybe 1 person selected 2 of them and it's only counting 1 person instead of vehicles?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I'm tempted to join that secret honda society where you find out what Honda knows and what they are working on.
Still not sure its worth my left nut.
Couple guys on here have done it - LOL

Then there's Smitty - he sold his sense of humour to find out about that chamfering. (LOL - just yanking your chain man)

Last edited:
J

JTW

I'm tempted to join that secret honda society where you find out what knows and what they are working on.
Still not sure its worth my left nut.
Couple guys on here have done it - LOL

Then there's Smitty - he sold his sense of humour to find out about that chamfering. (LOL - just yanking your chain man)
I like smitty's humor... he helps take some of the heat off me! Lol

advertisement
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a pk1-5 in November. I now have 600 miles and it was used for hunting. Kept factory tires on till the last 2 weeks of the season. Put on 29.5x9.5 outlaw 2s and was in deep mud in low. Hauled 2 to 3 people every hunt. Have not had any problems with the clutch. Still feels as strong as it was the day I bought it. I did take the back rack off but also hauled around feed and deer.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If u take 1 away the numbers add up to what's posted. Maybe 1 person selected 2 of them and it's only counting 1 person instead of vehicles?

I think you're spot on. It's set up to allow each voter to select up to 2 choices!

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you're spot on. It's set up to allow each voter to select up to 2 choices!
But wouldn't that increase the number of votes accordingly? It's not tracking how many people voted, just the number of votes. The number of votes per type divided by the total number of votes gives the percentage for that machine. Those don't compute.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
But wouldn't that increase the number of votes accordingly? It's not tracking how many people voted, just the number of votes. The number of votes per type divided by the total number of votes gives the percentage for that machine. Those don't compute.

Maybe if you select 2 choices and click "vote" it only counts it as 1 vote?

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope. I change mine to yes on both machines and the numbers correctly updated. I changed mine back to no for the -5.

J

JTW

I think it will get more accurate as the number of voters increases. I did notice that it only changed the category I cast my vote in.. If we go back and change how we vote it only recalculates the categories we select.. so you would have a little remainder in the categories that aren't selected. As the number of voters increase the weight of each vote will go decrease and so will the error. Maybe this is how Hilary was ahead in the polls?

Reactions: Corona1 and rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You must have missed @Smitty335 post in another thread. He also might have mentioned it in this one. His dealer chamfered the oil valve seats, or something like that.
I thought I had read that that was what CP did, apparently it was Smitty. Thanks. Glad they are doing more than just replacing the clutches.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought I had read that that was what CP did, apparently it was Smitty. Thanks. Glad they are doing more than just replacing the clutches.
At least that dealer is. Not sure what others are doing.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement