P1000 ALL Pioneer 1k owners cast your poll vote!! ***CLUTCH FAILURE TRACKING***

Had clutch failure? Cast vote for only vehicles you own!

• 1000-5 YES

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • 1000-5 NO

Votes: 93 70.5%
  • 1000-3 YES

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 1000-3 NO

Votes: 28 21.2%

• Total voters
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But whatever percentage is having problems under 500 miles is too much. I'll say it till I die. It's a Honda and regardless of anything this is the first one I've EVER seen problems with. My dirt bike has 15000 miles on its wet clutches so far and I bought new in 05. Some people are afraid to let others drive it and we're talking about under a year old machine here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If agree there rated to tow 2000 and put a grand in the bed. I've seen nothing but that capacity at ease. Some guys can't drive across their lawn. I dunno. Cash outside! I'm working next door to Paul Ryan's house tomorrow and there's a bunch of goofy people protesting. Going to be interesting for sure

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What AK said. There are held in like an old car hubcap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are there really some that hide the fact that the clutches die? I could prob understand if you're a Honda salesman but my loyalty doesn't run that deep. I mean, I buy Honda generators, pressure washer, mower, etc but I'm not going to protect Honda and slow any improvements that need to be made.

We should all shout it out loud if there's a problem so it can be fixed.
I hear they make a kick ass chainsaw too... if you don't have one of those yet, you're missing out... especially with your chainsaw fetish and all!lol jk

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
1. 1000-5 not the deluxe but paddle shifters.
2. 380
3. Dirt trails, deep water. Slow in low. Right before shop took it buried it in the skeg. Probably how I burnt them
4 30 inch intimidators and lift

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

advertisement
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1. Model (1000-3,-5,EPS deluxe)
2. Miles when failed
3. Normal riding style/terrain
4. Modifications (tire size, added weight)
Just trying to see if there's a pattern with machines that burned cluthes up besides low rpm and big tires.

1000-5 Deluxe

Has not failed quite yet, but 3rd slips pretty bad, 150 miles. Wont be long. I'll give it 1 more hunting season.

A little bit of everything we've got in Alaska (river/creek beds, mud, snow, ice, muskeg, mountains). Less than 30 mph. Stock front shocks can't handle much more. Low, Manual, Paddle Shifters.

When clutch started slipping I had 28" Blackwaters on stock wheels. Machine has the All Weather Package, UHMW Skids, Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper, Bed normally has about 300# of gear in bed. Decent amount of added weight.

Has 2 more years of extended warranty so I plan to bring it in while still covered. Maybe then will have some kind of fix by then.

Reactions: Delton and popeye
itsleo

itsleo

Apr 25, 2015
Palm Bay, Florida
2. Miles when failed
Just trying to see if there's a pattern with machines that burned cluthes up besides low rpm and big tires.

I'm pretty sure JACKAL already started a list with clutch issues back in Jan/Feb 2016. You may want to get with him. Just a FYI so you can compare notes.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
2. Miles when failed
Great idea!

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
1000-5 Deluxe

Has not failed quite yet, but 3rd slips pretty bad, 150 miles. Wont be long. I'll give it 1 more hunting season.

A little bit of everything we've got in Alaska (river/creek beds, mud, snow, ice, muskeg, mountains). Less than 30 mph. Stock front shocks can't handle much more. Low, Manual, Paddle Shifters.

When clutch started slipping I had 28" Blackwaters on stock wheels. Machine has the All Weather Package, UHMW Skids, Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper, Bed normally has about 300# of gear in bed. Decent amount of added weight.

Has 2 more years of extended warranty so I plan to bring it in while still covered. Maybe then will have some kind of fix by then.
The clutches only take like an hour to change. I would drop it off while it's winter. Don't wait. Stick it to Honda. Make it cost them. They need to come up with a solution

Reactions: Delton
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The clutches only take like an hour to change. I would drop it off while it's winter. Don't wait. Stick it to Honda. Make it cost them. They need to come up with a solution

An hour? I thought there was some modification that needs to be made at the time so it doesn't just happen again??

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
An hour? I thought there was some modification that needs to be made at the time so it doesn't just happen again??
As of now I don't believe they have a mod. I believe what your talking about is what people on the forum are suggesting needs to be done. I got mine changed about a month ago and they told me it's about an hour. It's only like twenty mins to change the clutch pack but there's also reassembly of skid plates or whatever.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Totally agree with this post. I've wrenched on Jap bikes over 3 decades and doubt I'd have any trouble with this clutch, but if I replace them myself, Honda won't know it failed. I got another 4 years of warranty so I'm definitely letting them do it.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Totally agree with this post. I've wrenched on Jap bikes over 3 decades and doubt I'd have any trouble with this clutch, but if I replace them myself, Honda won't know it failed. I got another 4 years of warranty so I'm definitely letting them do it.
Ditto. I was trying to explain to my grand father in law that I'm not working on my rig as I bought a warranty. He said if I knew it was a problem and my local shop takes a month to change my clutches (pretty f***ing slow shop, I'm very disappointed. Sometimes mom and pop go out of business to the big guy for a reason I suppose) I should just get set up to do it. They took 2.5 months to change my roll cage. The bill was 4 hours of shop time.....

Well I'm not. I paid good money for that warranty, and even gooder money for a brand new machine that won't break down on the trail. Honda can fix this rig, or I'm done with Honda. Literally the only reason I bought this machine is the 4 wheelers were bullet proof and I couldn't think of anyone I wanted to give 20k to more than the company that sold me iron clad moose getters.

Anyways, old man can't dig it. Moral of the story is he is an old man. I never said it was a good story.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
As of now I don't believe they have a mod. I believe what your talking about is what people on the forum are suggesting needs to be done. I got mine changed about a month ago and they told me it's about an hour. It's only like twenty mins to change the clutch pack but there's also reassembly of skid plates or whatever.

I see.

advertisement