Multi 2017 Pioneer Takeover - April 28 & 29th - Ride Royal Blue!

J

Jshell3

I asked when I was booking.
"Nothing she knew of..."

I paid full price.

If there's a discount I'm sure I'll be refunded the percentage.

Reactions: JTW
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok just made my reservation to Royal Blue for 27th 28th and 29th. . I am not supposed to be home for the days of the ride but did it anyway just in case. If I can't make it I'll see if I can let someone else reserve that cabin. Wish me luck guys. :);)
Kool.
Which cabin did you get?
Just let us know before you cancel the reservation. I'm sure we can find a taker.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I asked when I was booking.
"Nothing she knew of..."

I paid full price.

If there's a discount I'm sure I'll be refunded the percentage.
Ya, its 5%. You may need to tell them that.
tell them you are with the Honda SxS Club - Group ride in April.
Maybe someone new answering the phone or what not.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I gut one of the rusty cabins don't know the # yet but I'll let yall know as soon as I get the information. It's a 6 person cabin.

Sounds promising dp5hunter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

Jshell3

Ok Gang... (Those of you who went last year)
Help me make sure I've crossed my I's and dotted my T's...
(And help me identify what I've overlooked)

To ride Royal Blue in April...
  • Cabin is booked $$$
  • I'll need 2 days worth of TWRA permits @ $38 per day, per bike. (State of TN) $
  • I don't see anywhere RRB is charging me for the trail ride, itself. Explain. $? (Included with cabin rental, maybe?)
  • Is there an entry fee on the Hondasxs side of things to cover organizing, shirts, meals, public speakers, door prizes...?
Ive called myself looking, but can't find answers to those questions.

And what exactly is the 5% discount on... cabin site rental?

Oh, and anyone 18yrs old or younger wear helmets, mandatory... What about the rest of you? Y'all wearing helmets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
J

JTW

If you hear something that resembles the sound of a mountain lion being jacked off with a hand full of thumb tacks... it's just me and the wife in the Hoot owl holler cabin.

IMG 0836

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

• Cabin is booked $$$
  • I'll need 2 days worth of TWRA permits @ $38 per day, per bike. (State of TN) $
  • I don't see anywhere RRB is charging me for the trail ride, itself. Explain. $? (Included with cabin rental, maybe?)
  • Is there an entry fee on the Hondasxs side of things to cover organizing, shirts, meals, public speakers, door prizes...?

Oh, and anyone 18yrs old or younger wear helmets, mandatory... What about the rest of you? Y'all wearing helmets?
You got it. I don't believe there's a cost. maybe or just a donation if you can. it was a good chance to pay for my membership ;) most adults don't wear helmets . kids must . Rrb is a campground on the trail. the trails are state trails . they have a connecter trail to them. it's included in the camping fee.

J

Jshell3

You got it. I don't believe there's a cost. maybe or just a donation if you can. it was a good chance to pay for my membership ;) most adults don't wear helmets . kids must . Rrb is a campground on the trail. the trails are state trails . they have a connecter trail to them. it's included in the camping fee.
Thanks. I couldn't figure out how they weren't charging me for the miles and miles of trails... state park. Makes sense. I though Ride Royal Blue owned everything

Thank you

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you hear something that resembles the sound of a mountain lion being jacked off with a hand full of thumb tacks... it's just me and the wife in the Hoot owl holler cabin.

View attachment 24884
I just spit out my beer! that may be the funniest thing ever said on this site . .. thumb tacks lol!

J

JTW

• Cabin is booked $$$

I'm just going to do a yearly pass.. I figure it'll be worth it to make the trip a couple more times.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I couldn't figure out how they weren't charging me for the miles and miles of trails... state park. Makes sense. I though Ride Royal Blue owned everything

Thank you
Now windrock is a different story they charge per rider. But they have 300,000 acres for you. so it's kinda nice the state charges you per machine which is completely understable

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Now windrock is a different story they charge per rider. But they have 300,000 acres for you. so it's kinda nice the state charges you per machine which is completely understable

I am pretty sure Windrock is 72,000 acres. The additional 230,000 is the TWRA or Royal Blue trails.

From thier website, "Windrock Park is 72,000 acres of off-road excitement located in Oliver Springs, TN. Our trails accommodate all types of vehicles from ATVs, SxS, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, Jeeps/4x4s, buggies and trucks. We are the LARGEST privately owned riding area in the country. Come see what everyone is talking about!"

Reactions: JTW
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am pretty sure Windrock is 72,000 acres. The additional 230,000 is the TWRA or Royal Blue trails.

From thier website, "Windrock Park is 72,000 acres of off-road excitement located in Oliver Springs, TN. Our trails accommodate all types of vehicles from ATVs, SxS, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, Jeeps/4x4s, buggies and trucks. We are the LARGEST privately owned riding area in the country. Come see what everyone is talking about!"
I'm sure you are correct . a TV show maybe fishers? Said that amount either way it's a ton of land for our sport.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

• Cabin is booked $$$

Ride Royal Blue Resort is a private campground that has permitted direct access to TWRA trail system. What you pay the campground is only for staying there.
The TWRA permit goes to state of TN for maintaining the trail system. The TWRA trail system is actually 4 units. They units are Sundquist, Royal Blue, New River, and now Tackett Creek. These 4 units combined cover 270,000 acres. The campground is actually connected to the Sundquist Unit but everybody calls it Royal Blue.

All details of area, lodging, permits, etc. are here from my past ride report.

http://hondasxs.com/posts/81666/

There will be a group registration fee for the event, it will be set by @Hondasxs at a later date.

advertisement