image.jpeg
J

JTW

Should have added a disclaimer on true tire size. I like 15# in my roctanes and the come in at 28.5". Evos (for which I don't own but like) run a little smaller as I have read. @JTW is running Trail Armor skids so it will rub if he runs a true 28" tire with out lift or forward arms. I had to trim a good 1" to stop most of the contact. So can be right and wrong at the same time. I know the a-arms take a lot of time to dial in. I'm betting I've got 8 hours changing setups. I love how she seats now. Each setup is different. Political Correctness now! Thank you for keeping me straight. Had more than one Margarita today!
I'm runing S&S Fabrication aluminum skids.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One big difference is the flat profile of Roctanes. They make contact with the plastic sooner than the rounded profile of the EVOs.

When I had 28" EVOs, they measured 28.25" but I can't remember at what pressure.

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look sweet. How do they like the mud?

Reactions: Plumber32
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look sweet. How do they like the mud?
The other members that have them I've rode with love them. It was a good kit. For just over $200 it's a little high for plastic flares but it would have taken me forever to custom build. I will test this weekend! @PioneerPete and @joeymt33 have been running them for a while. They may have a comment on them.

J

JTW

The other members that have them I've rode with love them. It was a good kit. For just over $200 it's a little high for plastic flares but it would have taken me forever to custom build. I will test this weekend! @PioneerPete and @joeymt33 have been running them for a while. They may have a comment on them.
Aren't they ridged? Looks like they could be trail litter given the wrong place.

advertisement
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Aren't they ridged? Looks like they could be trail litter given the wrong place.
Pretty ridgid. The way they mount up it would take the factory flare with it if you hook some thing wrong. Apparently you can order just one flare if you damage it badly. So the directions state.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to do something to the back.. I would just rather them have some give, like a stiff rubber.
They give a little up and down but horizontally they are stiff- I guess to hold the shape. The front flares have 8 1/4" bolts on each side bolted to the factory fender. A person could use factory push rivets the would break away easier. You might use a 1/8 conveyer belt material. That was my first idea before I decided on giving these a try.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They give a little up and down but horizontally they are stiff- I guess to hold the shape. The front flares have 8 1/4" bolts on each side bolted to the factory fender. A person could use factory push rivets the would break away easier. You might use a 1/8 conveyer belt material. That was my first idea before I decided on giving these a try.
Belting works good for the fronts. Ive still got to figure out the rear design so it's functional and looks half way decent.

advertisement