Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good! You just saved me pulling them. If you were riding well on middle setting with that much weight that's exactly what I'm looking for!! I was sure with added weight the lift would help but I would've tried the other way too just to see.
Thank you my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your welcome my friend! Running Royal Blue you most likely be setting them to soft!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Your welcome my friend! Running Royal Blue you most likely be setting them to soft!

Well like I said if you were running normal in the middle that's great! To me that means it's set up about right. Still gives you adjustment for two people or a heavy load. Exactly what we needed. Saves the time of checking. Thanks for posting

J

JTW

So can one get by with just the lift and 28-30" tires plus the Fox shocks?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The HL lift + fox shocks require spacers to avoid the front shock hitting the tire during compression with a 5+2 or 5+3 offset rim. I'm running 1" spacers in the back with none in the front but running 4+3 offset. Still have to test to make sure it doesn't touch during compression. I have 28" right now but also run SuperATV rear a arms which moves everything back 1.5".
IMG 6570

Last edited:
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've been proven incorrect! Once again! Mine rubs extremely bad without lift.

Whatcha mean by once again? You're not wrong very often I pay attention you save me work

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whatcha mean by once again? You're not wrong very often I pay attention you save me work

Should have added a disclaimer on true tire size. I like 15# in my roctanes and the come in at 28.5". Evos (for which I don't own but like) run a little smaller as I have read. @JTW is running Trail Armor skids so it will rub if he runs a true 28" tire with out lift or forward arms. I had to trim a good 1" to stop most of the contact. So can be right and wrong at the same time. I know the a-arms take a lot of time to dial in. I'm betting I've got 8 hours changing setups. I love how she seats now. Each setup is different. Political Correctness now! Thank you for keeping me straight. Had more than one Margarita today!

advertisement