P1000 where the honda falls short/ internal gears?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lmao. Check the link I posted. I'm getting the RW6,000. I thought about getting the next one up, but it's a little long for mounting on the roof ROPS like I want to do.

All I could find were 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I missed that. Thank you kind sir! Man I love this forum. Hate what it costs though!

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I missed that. Thank you kind sir! Man I love this forum. Hate what it costs though!

Check out this video. I think you'll see its usefulness. There's more on Youtube if you search for them.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now, CP, you could probably make one.
Ya it doesn't look too bad but like anything it would be nice to have one to look at

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok after last week I'm interested! Do these work? How about frozen ground
So how a dead man anchor works, which I believe is the same as a pull pall, is basically the same thing as a plow.

It's a sharp angle with a tie about midway up. You put the pokie end into the ground and sort of hammer it in to get it started. You hook your winch up to the tie point and slowly winch. You lean the top away from the rig forcing the pointy end to bury itself into the ground (think plow)

After a few seconds it becomes so buried that your inch cable is literally in the ground with 3 feet of iron anchored. It works in mud, skeg, frozen tundra, you name it. It's not as handy as a tree, but nearly every moose buggy has one.

You can make one out of a 2x4 to try it out, but they suck. We use heavy steel and just bolt it to the front of the buggy as a bumper. Hi lift attached to that.

There's videos, but that's pretty much how it works. It just buries itself until nothing could move it. You then winch out and just drive over it and it pulls right out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So how a dead man anchor works, which I believe is the same as a pull pall, is basically the same thing as a plow.

It's a sharp angle with a tie about midway up. You put the pokie end into the ground and sort of hammer it in to get it started. You hook your winch up to the tie point and slowly winch. You lean the top away from the rig forcing the pointy end to bury itself into the ground (think plow)

After a few seconds it becomes so buried that your inch cable is literally in the ground with 3 feet of iron anchored. It works in mud, skeg, frozen tundra, you name it. It's not as handy as a tree, but nearly every moose buggy has one.

You can make one out of a 2x4 to try it out, but they suck. We use heavy steel and just bolt it to the front of the buggy as a bumper. Hi lift attached to that.

There's videos, but that's pretty much how it works. It just buries itself until nothing could move it. You then winch out and just drive over it and it pulls right out.

Guys that's a great idea! Always had trees around when stuck this was new.

advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Check out this video. I think you'll see its usefulness. There's more on Youtube if you search for them.

That's some fancy s***. The thing we make is much harder and it's a 2 man job. Idk how much it costs, but if it's less than 200 bucks it's invaluable. Ours cost nothing since we just use old scrap steel, but it's heavy and doesn't work well with sxs just because of the weight.

This would be a good answer to that problem.

Ours weigh in at around 60 pounds

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's some fancy s***. The thing we make is much harder and it's a 2 man job. Idk how much it costs, but if it's less than 200 bucks it's invaluable. Ours cost nothing since we just use old scrap steel, but it's heavy and doesn't work well with sxs just because of the weight.

This would be a good answer to that problem.

Ours weigh in at around 60 pounds

The one I orderd is about $150 more than that, and is for machines under 3000gvwr. Check the link I posted above for specs. They have larger ones, also.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
469417f1292fc8552160712afbfccd06

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
this is pretty much what we use. ours are a billion times bigger because were pulling out 10k pound rigs, but for our hondas these would work great.

Winchingbuddy6 Mybuddywinchwithwings2 Mybuddywinchwithwings3

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As of tonight my Pull-Pal is on order. No more worries about having something to winch to. Woohoo!
I have a Pull-Pal also. Good insurance on a machine this heavy. Where I ride we have a lot of areas without tree's or tree's to small to use as an anchor point (Clear Cuts)

Reactions: ghost and AKRider