Multi What's the most unique vehicle you've owned?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha. I had a 1974 TR6 in 1976. Only had 10,000 miles on it when I bought it. In ‘77 we went to Toronto from Halifax. First was Montreal in 10 hours, usually took 14, then to Ottawa 100 miles in 1 hour, then to TO. We cruised at 115 miles an hour and saw lights coming up on us so I put her down to see what she’d do. Four lanes , she was dancing between 135 and 140 miles per hour , top down, everything getting sucked out of the car and the cover over the roof was straight up. Then a Turbo Carrera went by. Wow. I’ll never forget it. Haha
Caper
My first car was a ‘74 Astra. Fill the oil and check the gas. It got wrote off and I got a ‘73 Meteor Galaxy 500. Had 28 people in that car going to and from a party. Haha. Then a ‘74 Datsun 510. I couldn’t kill that car. 60,000 miles I put on that car in ONE year. I learned to rally drive in that car. 100 miles an hour down the dirt roads in Cape Breton sideways, racing a friend with the same car. Learned to drive a car in that 510. Haha. Then the TR6. Too many good times to tell. Then the best of all, haha, kidding, was the Subaru BRAT. I could have bought a new FJ40 Landcruiser for $1000 more. Dummy. Still had fun. Sold that and bought a 1964 Chevrolet. 327 , 300hp, 411’s, 400 turbo, 12 bolt posi. Plus she had air bags for traction.What a car. Nothing could catch her off the line. Even a few big blocks we’re surprised. Haha. Then we had a POLICE strike. Haha. The cops had a big fire in the intersection by the station with a thousand people around. I pull up in the Chevrolet and a cop sticks his head in and says to do some circles around the fire. He said there isn’t a guy here that will ticket you. Haha, enough said. I drifted around that fire about ten times, with the crowd going nuts, then still smoking up past the police station. Haha. What a car. Wish I still had her. I wouldn’t have a licence, but. Haha. Then I had a ‘74 Toyota FJ40 land cruiser. That I couldn’t kill. The rust did. I pulled a full bus load of people up a snow covered hill. Everybody on board clapped and the bus driver said if he didn’t see it he wouldn’t believe it. What a truck. Then I bought a new ‘88 Tacoma. Had that for 24 years, crazy reliable. Had a Suzuki Grand Vitera, for a couple years with the Tacoma. Then I bought a new FJ Cruiser in ‘07. I thought if it was as good as the old FJ40, I’d be OK. It was. What a beast in the snow. Up to the engine bonnet and touched the diff lock and the snow rolled off the bonnet and she pulled through. Sold that a few years ago and now own a Tundra. I’ve had a few vehicles, and had memories in all. Some stories that come out, my wife wonders how I’m still alive. Haha. Me too sometimes. Haha , Drive Safe.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My first car was a ‘74 Astra. Fill the oil and check the gas. It got wrote off and I got a ‘73 Meteor Galaxy 500. Had 28 people in that car going to and from a party. Haha. Then a ‘74 Datsun 510. I couldn’t kill that car. 60,000 miles I put on that car in ONE year. I learned to rally drive in that car. 100 miles an hour down the dirt roads in Cape Breton sideways, racing a friend with the same car. Learned to drive a car in that 510. Haha. Then the TR6. Too many good times to tell. Then the best of all, haha, kidding, was the Subaru BRAT. I could have bought a new FJ40 Landcruiser for $1000 more. Dummy. Still had fun. Sold that and bought a 1964 Chevrolet. 327 , 300hp, 411’s, 400 turbo, 12 bolt posi. Plus she had air bags for traction.What a car. Nothing could catch her off the line. Even a few big blocks we’re surprised. Haha. Then we had a POLICE strike. Haha. The cops had a big fire in the intersection by the station with a thousand people around. I pull up in the Chevrolet and a cop sticks his head in and says to do some circles around the fire. He said there isn’t a guy here that will ticket you. Haha, enough said. I drifted around that fire about ten times, with the crowd going nuts, then still smoking up past the police station. Haha. What a car. Wish I still had her. I wouldn’t have a licence, but. Haha. Then I had a ‘74 Toyota FJ40 land cruiser. That I couldn’t kill. The rust did. I pulled a full bus load of people up a snow covered hill. Everybody on board clapped and the bus driver said if he didn’t see it he wouldn’t believe it. What a truck. Then I bought a new ‘88 Tacoma. Had that for 24 years, crazy reliable. Had a Suzuki Grand Vitera, for a couple years with the Tacoma. Then I bought a new FJ Cruiser in ‘07. I thought if it was as good as the old FJ40, I’d be OK. It was. What a beast in the snow. Up to the engine bonnet and touched the diff lock and the snow rolled off the bonnet and she pulled through. Sold that a few years ago and now own a Tundra. I’ve had a few vehicles, and had memories in all. Some stories that come out, my wife wonders how I’m still alive. Haha. Me too sometimes. Haha , Drive Safe.
Caper
Oh and the Chevrolet came up from North Carolina. It was called the REBEL. A good friend had a GTO Judge and we pulled up beside each other many times and he would never go. Haha. Just a 327
Caper

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
My first car was a ‘74 Astra. Then a ‘74 Datsun 510. I couldn’t kill that car. 60,000 miles I put on that car in ONE year. I learned to rally drive in that car. 100 miles an hour down the dirt roads in Cape Breton sideways, racing a friend with the same car. Learned to drive a car in that 510. Haha.

I loved my Datsun 510. Probably the best "Bang for the Buck" car I ever owned.
Datsun 510

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I loved my Datsun 510. Probably the best "Bang for the Buck" car I ever owned.
View attachment 84725
I just saw one on line in Calgary a ‘73 , and it had 35,000 original miles. For $10,000 Canadian so about $5,000 US. Haha. I only paid $2500 actually $1 even trade for the Meteor. Haha. But yeah. They don’t make a car like that anymore. Crazy.
Caper

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My first car was a 1962 Impala. It was a Navy base beater, bought it for a few hundred, drive it untill you go to sea and sell it to someone else. Next was a 1965 GTO, what a great set of wheels, had to get something with AC for the wife so the GTO went. What a dumb butt I was. Had a lot of different vehicles over the years. Other than the GTO the coolest was a 1955 Jeep station wagon. L6 6 cyl., 3 speed on the tree with overdrive. 2 wheel drive but the thing went everwhere I took it. Sold it to a young man in the Navy at NTC Orlando Fl. He drove it to Ohio then to Conn. Only problem he had was a wire shorted on the fender under the hood. Wire was replaced and he was on his way. Driving a 2015 Ford Super Duty, 4WD, 6.2 L gas now. Nice, but it ain't no 65 GTO. Attempting to upload a pic of the GTO but not having any luck. Mabe later if I can find out why its not in my photos when I attempt to unload it but is when I go to gallery. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had a 1969 Olds 442. Wish I had a pic of it to post. It’s in an old photo album somewhere.

advertisement
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Nope. The night I got marred. It will be 50 years this November 1st. And to the same crazy red head.

That certainly explains the picture. I'll join @BWAF in congratulating you in advance. My 50th is next month. Got married on "Friday the 13th" of September. I could not ask for a better parole officer. :rolleyes:

Reactions: popeye and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That certainly explains the picture. I'll join @BWAF in congratulating you in advance. My 50th is next month. Got married on "Friday the 13th" of September. I could not ask for a better parole officer. :rolleyes:
Lol congrats to you too,could have picked a better day but mine is 11 days after 9 -11 easy to remember

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

advertisement