P700 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 700 today?

North-Fl-outsooorsman

North-Fl-outsooorsman

Apr 5, 2021
Panama city fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Added a winch and duel battery setup, videos coming soon to my yt

20210930 154048 20210928 194600

K

KBaker

Oct 22, 2020
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 217188Works great up to about 35mph. After that, wind noise gets a little too high. But good sound quality.
I was thinking about getting that mount for my little Boss audio portable tube radio. Do the speakers move around a lot in that thing? We ziptied her up at first but the one broke off and the speaker smacked my hubby in the head lol. good thing he had a helmet on! It was amusing to watch, I was behind him on the trail in someone else's machine

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was thinking about getting that mount for my little Boss audio portable tube radio. Do the speakers move around a lot in that thing? We ziptied her up at first but the one broke off and the speaker smacked my hubby in the head lol. good thing he had a helmet on! It was amusing to watch, I was behind him on the trail in someone else's machine
If you cinch them in tight, they stay very well. I haven't noticed any movement in them when I placed them centered and tight. And that is through some pretty rough rides.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
2FE27C77 9F4C 49D1 8A92 BA003E2EB838
F61D9D89 F33B 4CFC AB1C 22B77C6D67B1
534CB641 99C9 428E B4B4 B016B3B2F804
I hit 2000 miles, made some river crossings, and pulled a Teryx out of the mud that the P7 made it through. Didn’t help that he forgot to put it in 4WD first, but still….

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Today I did an oil change and valve check. I pull the seatbelt bracket...to make checking the valves easier. 4 bolts, easy enough right?
Well...seems like I always have to fight with these, on both this machine and my original 700.

When new, these come out easy enough, but it seems like that section of frame/cage spreads or sags over time and eventually they don't line up all that well, and I ended up cross threading 2 of them, and the s***ty Honda fasteners galled up and f***ed out the threads. So now I get to try and tap the holes and and find some bolts.:rolleyes:

The good news is that on my 2 seater, the bottom of this area is easy to get to, so even if the threads aren't good enough, I can put some nuts underneath. It just pisses me off as i ALWAYS seems to be fighting something on this machine involving parts that don't fit together too well.

Last edited:
advertisement
North-Fl-outsooorsman

North-Fl-outsooorsman

Apr 5, 2021
Panama city fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
I checked mine the other day for the first time and mine where fine , a lil tight but definitely in spec . I'm with you , I stripped out 2 of the Phillips head screws heads trying to get them out . The threads were rusty only being 6 months old . I mite try replacing them with stainless hardware.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Summer's over and deer season is here. Putting the roof and windshield back on today along with oil change. Hooking the trailer up this weekend and begin the 8 week drag across the Midwest.
20211013 124433
20211013 124446

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
s***ty Honda fasteners strike yet AGAIN.

Pulled my skid plate to check the steering rack guide spring for damage (none, just a s***ty design that's wearing quickly) and the rear one to beat it out (again). I know those screws are fragile from my 1st pioneer, so I HAND tighten them. 3 of them stripped anyway today. These must be made from the cheapest s*** legal in the US.

Oh...and my front diff seal is starting to leak.

Wonder when Wolverine X2's will start appearing again? 'Cause I am getting VERY tired of working on what was supposed to be a durable, long lived machine.

FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wonder if you got a lemon or something. I'm still dealing with my intermittent shut off but I've been fairly rough on my 700 in its short life and it's held up. I'm at 1000 miles on a 2020. I've toward trailers, put 500lbs of feed in the bed, I've pulled people out of mud, went to atv parks and played, hunted with it, etc and I've just done routine maintenance thus far.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
s***ty Honda fasteners strike yet AGAIN.

Pulled my skid plate to check the steering rack guide spring for damage (none, just a s***ty design that's wearing quickly) and the rear one to beat it out (again). I know those screws are fragile from my 1st pioneer, so I HAND tighten them. 3 of them stripped anyway today. These must be made from the cheapest s*** legal in the US.

Oh...and my front diff seal is starting to leak.

Wonder when Wolverine X2's will start appearing again? 'Cause I am getting VERY tired of working on what was supposed to be a durable, long lived machine.

When Honda came out with the 700 sxs for $9,999, I thought damn... it must be too good to be true. Other brands were above that price and only had the rubber bands. Aside from being screwed over by their cam manufacturer they really have put out a solid engine and trans. It appears though they lowered their standards on other aspects to compete with an industry that had what? a decade head start on them. Weld's, frame thickness/materials, and hardware all seem to have taken a back seat to their old standards. It's like beating a dead horse though..... We all know Honda seldom does what their customers ask. Just like everything else......ignoring us and doing their own thing used to work good for them. Not so much anymore. I think at this point expecting quality of the old days is a waste of time. That ship has sailed. Hopefully they'll prove me wrong but odds are they won't. Remember how sweet Cadillac used to be? I honestly don't know if they even exist anymore.

Thinking of the cams....I wonder if some of the other issues are just a sign of available "modern" materials. Obviously they could demand better bolts, seals etc but at what cost? Would I even own a sxs if Honda was charging $15K or more for them back in 2014/2015......nope, probably not.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wonder if you got a lemon or something. I'm still dealing with my intermittent shut off but I've been fairly rough on my 700 in its short life and it's held up. I'm at 1000 miles on a 2020. I've toward trailers, put 500lbs of feed in the bed, I've pulled people out of mud, went to atv parks and played, hunted with it, etc and I've just done routine maintenance thus far.
My 1st 700 was a tank. Maybe not the best built thing in the world (though better than this one), but went nearly 9000 miles before I sold it. For that, it took 1 $2 seal at around 8000 miles. I went back with a 700 for this reason, but this one is not giving me the impression that's its going to come anywhere near duplicating that. It's been used at around 2500 miles, but it hasn't been abused or even used hard.

FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I'm sorry this one sucks for you. I've been very happy with mine so far. I'd like a 1000, but I do not like a 1000 price tag. Lol I got my 2020 for 14k OTD with roof and windshield. That was before everything went to s*** though.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well I'm sorry this one sucks for you. I've been very happy with mine so far. I'd like a 1000, but I do not like a 1000 price tag. Lol I got my 2020 for 14k OTD with roof and windshield. That was before everything went to s*** though.
I like the size of a 700.

Reactions: toddvdh and Farmer
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thinking of the cams....I wonder if some of the other issues are just a sign of available "modern" materials. Obviously they could demand better bolts, seals etc but at what cost? Would I even own a sxs if Honda was charging $15K or more for them back in 2014/2015......nope, probably not.
Well...how do you define "modern"? The cam thing goes all the way back to the original 650 Rincon In (I believe) 2003. I dont know what circumstances lead to the cam failures, but it sure seems like they are unwilling to change or explain it.

Reactions: toddvdh
advertisement