P700 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 700 today?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well...how do you define "modern"? The cam thing goes all the way back to the original 650 Rincon In (I believe) 2003. I dont know what circumstances lead to the cam failures, but it sure seems like they are unwilling to change or explain it.
Good question.... I was away from power sports for over a decade and the last Honda that I owned before my 700 was a 93 CR250R. Loved it! I honestly have no clue when they went downhill but I'd guess if it's not a bad materials thing it must've had something to do with a management change somewhere along the way. Let's book a flight to JAPAN and talk it over with them!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good question.... I was away from power sports for over a decade and the last Honda that I owned before my 700 was a 93 CR250R. Loved it! I honestly have no clue when they went downhill but I'd guess if it's not a bad materials thing it must've had something to do with a management change somewhere along the way. Let's book a flight to JAPAN and talk it over with them!
I don't know how much Japan has to do with anything outside of some parts. Sxs's seem like an American "thing" that Japan probably doesn't give 2 s***s about as long as the money rolls in.

Reactions: toddvdh and Farmer
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't know how much Japan has to do with anything outside of some parts. Sxs's seem like an American "thing" that Japan probably doesn't give 2 s***s about as long as the money rolls in.
Lol... yeah well until they find someone in SC who gives a s***, that money's going to slow down to a trickle.

If I ever upgrade.... Yamaha will be back in the running for sure.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mostly about autos but maybe some insight here.... In a nutshell... The auto business exploded, puked all over itself and now their probably hemorrhaging everywhere. All while cutting some of the heads from the monster they created....

Last edited:
Reactions: toddvdh
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice day to go dig up sword ferns for my daughter/husband/grandson so we all loaded up and dogs too!

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
s***ty Honda fasteners strike yet AGAIN.

Pulled my skid plate to check the steering rack guide spring for damage (none, just a s***ty design that's wearing quickly) and the rear one to beat it out (again). I know those screws are fragile from my 1st pioneer, so I HAND tighten them. 3 of them stripped anyway today. These must be made from the cheapest s*** legal in the US.

Oh...and my front diff seal is starting to leak.

Wonder when Wolverine X2's will start appearing again? 'Cause I am getting VERY tired of working on what was supposed to be a durable, long lived machine.

My last Honda was a 2002 300 fourtrax, never misses a beat, 1 battery and 1 starter that's it and still own it for that reason.
Our 2006 Honda V6 minivan is a reliable soccer moms machine on steroids. Holy crap.....No wonder so many sandrails use that motor!

I can definetly tell the new Pioneer is not of the same quality. Truly too bad and so sad :(
That '93 CR250R was one of the best MX bikes built and fast as hell IMO!

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
That '93 CR250R was one of the best MX bikes built and fast as hell IMO!

If I remember McGrath practiced with a 93 well into 95 or so because he loved it so much. My buddies would beg me to borrow it if I couldn't make it on Sunday.

Last edited:
Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Well I decided to add power steering. Had to change some things with my duel battery set up . It took me about 1.5 hrs. That until I realized I put the top shaft coming out of motor in upside down. Couldn't get more than 1/4 of wheel throw due to bolt hitting frame. So far I really like it, before and after

20210216 160822 20211030 154526

advertisement
RedHammers700

RedHammers700

Oct 29, 2021
Minden, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
They do good. All around decent tire. I was going to change them out. But they do okay.
I have 28” SwampLites that came with mine. I like them as well, but bought some brand new 30” Cryptid pull-offs for $250 from a co-worker. All of the reviews on them have been nothing but good, so I can’t wait to swap them out.

Reactions: Backwoods
RedHammers700

RedHammers700

Oct 29, 2021
Minden, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
advertisement