P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I was finally able to plow some snow. First time for my 520. I plowed 3 inches last night and another 5-6 this morning. It did great. My driveway is over 300' and paved. KFI 60" steel plow. I need to spray the blade with something to keep the snow from sticking.
30F6B027 ADBF 450B BCA1 BD734622D853
4460E1A9 D398 4B0D ADD5 B8B56FF624E9

Last edited:
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I thought about making a box for the rack, however I am not very good with woodworking. Luckily I believe in Santa Claus, and he left me the Honda tray under the tree. Theses are not cheap. %&$#@

View attachment 312570 View attachment 312571
I found the tray very useful and I can carry a soft cooler in front of my box for easy access and not worrying about the cooler falling off

Attachments

• 0417201118c-1.jpg
    0417201118c-1.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 119
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I waxed the plow with car wax. Silicone or Pam will be my next course of action if that doesn't work. I should be able to find out in the next day. We are getting snow in WV now.
I have used silicon spray with good results BUT...it has to be able to dry completely to give long lasting results. So I usually spray between storms. Works on my snow blower also. YMMV.

WB

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I waxed the plow with car wax. Silicone or Pam will be my next course of action if that doesn't work. I should be able to find out in the next day. We are getting snow in WV now.
we used to spray our 3 wheelers just to make clean up easier. some snow blower manuals say to spray pam in the auger box and the chute. I never tried it on my plow I just kick off snow before I put it back in garage. supposedly 4-8 tonight and 1-3 in the morning here. think I will go spray mine as well.

advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I thought about making a box for the rack, however I am not very good with woodworking. Luckily I believe in Santa Claus, and he left me the Honda tray under the tree. Theses are not cheap. %&$#@

View attachment 312570 View attachment 312571
Love my Honda tray as well... getting ready to drill holes in it as it tends to hold water. On my winter list to add the holes and mount my box there. That list keeps growing.. 🤔.

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Did an oil/ filter change, was almost afraid to check the air filter. I’m amazed the P5 still ran being this dirty. I’ll put a new one in, it’s not worth cleaning it.

View attachment 314036

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made me go out and check mine - not nearly as bad as yours 🤣 but it needs cleaning. Was going to grab a new filter to have a spare - how much was the new one? I also need to pick up some of that Honda Foam air filter oil for cleaning the old one...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Made me go out and check mine - not nearly as bad as yours 🤣 but it needs cleaning. Was going to grab a new filter to have a spare - how much was the new one? I also need to pick up some of that Honda Foam air filter oil for cleaning the old one...
When I went to the Honda Dealership to buy a OEM one, all they had was another brand that is cheaper on Amazon.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I went out to our land a few days ago where we do most of our riding. It is about 30 miles east of Oklahoma City and just south of old Route 66. We call it Camp Kickapoo, since the eastern border of the property is Kickapoo Creek.
I discovered that a very old and rotten Oak tree had fallen on one of my roads, breaking into two pieces and blocking it.
Tree 3

I did not have my chain saw with me, so I used a couple of tow ropes to drag them out of the way.

Tree 2

Tree 1

The high ground in the distance is where we do most of our riding and I spend a lot of time cutting new trails through the woods. I let my neighbor farm the bottom land. He has planted winter wheat this year that he uses for livestock feed.
Pond 2
\

That’s a deer trail leading to the pond.
Pond 1

This is Kickapoo Creek. It is about as low as I have seen it in the 5 years we have had the property. It’s been very dry here. The creek flows into the Deep fork River and eventually into the Arkansas River, and on to the Mississippi, so theoretically you could float all the way to the gulf of Mexico from my creek.

Creek 1

Creek 2

Here’s an old deer blind next to the creek and another one up on the high ground in the woods. Both need a little TLC. I found a 3rd one deep in the woods that had fallen completely down.

IMG 1004

Deer 1

The previous owner of the land was an Asian guy, who planted Bamboo near the creek. It’s growing like crazy. All guests get complimentary cane poles for fishing. No Limit! :)
IMG 1009

We like to keep it tidy here and require all guests to deposit their empty beverage containers on conveniently located collection trees.😁🍻

Bottle tree 4

Bottle tree 6

Bottle tree 5

Last edited:
HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Love my Honda tray as well... getting ready to drill holes in it as it tends to hold water. On my winter list to add the holes and mount my box there. That list keeps growing.. 🤔.
I have drilled holes in all the low spots too. Living in FL. Lots of rain and water it took care of the water problem. It also makes it easier to clean. :)

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I went out to our land a few days ago where we do most of our riding. It is about 30 miles east of Oklahoma City and just south of old Route 66. We call it Camp Kickapoo, since the eastern border of the property is Kickapoo Creek.
I discovered that a very old and rotten Oak tree had fallen on one of my roads, breaking into two pieces and blocking it.
View attachment 314371

I did not have my chain saw with me, so I used a couple of tow ropes to drag them out of the way.

View attachment 314375

View attachment 314376

The high ground in the distance is where we do most of our riding and I spend a lot of time cutting new trails through the woods. I let my neighbor farm the bottom land. He has planted winter wheat this year that he uses for livestock feed.
View attachment 314377\

That’s a deer trail leading to the pond.
View attachment 314378

This is Kickapoo Creek. It is about as low as I have seen it in the 5 years we have had the property. It’s been very dry here. The creek flows into the Deep fork River and eventually into the Arkansas River, and on to the Mississippi, so theoretically you could float all the way to the gulf of Mexico from my creek.

View attachment 314380
View attachment 314381
Here’s an old deer blind next to the creek and another one up on the high ground in the woods. Both need a little TLC. I found a 3rd one deep in the woods that had fallen completely down.

View attachment 314382
View attachment 314383

The previous owner of the land was an Asian guy, who planted Bamboo near the creek. It’s growing like crazy. All guests get complimentary cane poles for fishing. No Limit! :)
View attachment 314384

We like to keep it tidy here and require all guests to deposit their empty beverage containers on conveniently located collection trees.😁🍻

View attachment 314387
View attachment 314388
View attachment 314389
Nice pics,the bamboo when dried out and cut into 6"_12" pieces makes great fire starters.

Last edited:
advertisement