P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry to hear you may not have had.
yeah, I liked the rack and wanted one since I seen one on a machine at my first TO 5 years ago. Moses seemed like a nice guy when I had interactions with him and the initial transaction was very smooth even praised him in my build. But when there was an issue with the product , thats things went south. I strongly believe if I wasnt with a group highly ranked forum officials lol, in the ride when they seen the spit of the rack and 1/2 of it dragging on the rocks and one of them knowing him and making contact to him personally, at witch i was grateful for. He wouldnt have sent me the first replacement and admitting he didnt put a reinforcement bar in a certain area of the rack. Because he was first saying it was my fault to start with. The second one imo was even worse. Thiner ga tubing with an extra bar but away from the snapped area And snapped sooner same spot. I reinforced and welded myself and still have it and its now a tank. This after he wouldnt even go half way with me on another replacement Also stating my fault tire too big (many have my 30” tire and his rack) So ill let people be the judge of that And hope they dont have to get into warranty issues.
on another note, Ive the harness bar I bought at the same time and have been happy. But its thick and well built.

tromano1706

tromano1706

Jun 21, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We went for a ride in Hatfield this past weekend in the snow. Had a blast once I did some trail maintenance to adjust the shifter box under the back seat because it wouldn't shift out of turf mode for the first time in two years. Thanks to this forum I was able to make the adjustment to get it into 2wd and 4wd and have an awesome weekend. I'll also say that I was amazed at how far it went in turf mode in the fresh snow. Turns out that ice weighs a lot as the nose was about 2 inches higher after I cleaned it.

IMG 7269 IMG 7284 IMG 7297

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulled the floor out of the cab so I can run wires for the whole “second battery under the seat” thing.
Of course, one thing leads to another so I relocated the winch contactor and found a spot for the Blue Sea six circuit fuse block. And this all started when I began cutting holes for switches in the switch panel I started making.
If I’m gonna have switches, they ought to be wired to something, right?
This reminds me, I have to order some crimp terminals and terminal boots for 2 gauge wire…
Here’s a tip for you;
Don’t mount your components with 3M VHB double sided tape. Use the ‘Extreme’ fastener that works like Velcro, but both sides are hooks. That will let you move things around after you change your mind.
And you WILL change your mind.

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finished up my cooling fan override switch from the club store. The wife and I were out with our P1K5 Friday before this last Friday and I happened to notice my coolant temperature light was lite up and flashing ( oh no I thought). So we stopped and I saw right off the fan was running but we were at 4 bars. Luckily it did not boil over and loose any coolant and pretty quickly was back to 3 bars then 2 bars. We were in low range but putting along off road when this happened. I figure the fan was late coming on but luckily it did come on. Didn’t hesitate when we got home I ordered the override kit from club and got it finished today. I recommend if you haven’t added this mod then you should. After thinking about walking home or taking hours to get home it was a easy choice. We have probably rode about 50 miles since and the fan has worked flawlessly and that time was so far the only that has happened. Thanks for the great products @Hondasxs the store has. I know now if it happens again, we’re ready I hope.
ED03D248 871B 4CB2 8315 C07450260989

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This above post, is something that I have read about but just can't get mine to get any hotter than 2 bars. My fan will come on, I hear it cycle on and off, but it is coming on at 2 bars and goes off at 2 bars. I have never had it go any higher. %99 on road only use in high gear, I'm sure is why, but still fan on or fan off it is at 2 bars. 🤔

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulled the floor out of the cab so I can run wires for the whole “second battery under the seat” thing.
Of course, one thing leads to another so I relocated the winch contactor and found a spot for the Blue Sea six circuit fuse block. And this all started when I began cutting holes for switches in the switch panel I started making.
If I’m gonna have switches, they ought to be wired to something, right?
This reminds me, I have to order some crimp terminals and terminal boots for 2 gauge wire…
Here’s a tip for you;
Don’t mount your components with 3M VHB double sided tape. Use the ‘Extreme’ fastener that works like Velcro, but both sides are hooks. That will let you move things around after you change your mind.
And you WILL change your mind.
And today I zip tied the auxiliary battery leads to the big wire bundle that goes across under the seat, through the tunnel, and up behind the dash. 10 feet of wire is just about right.
Reinstalled the floor, mounted a battery tray under the seat, and put the motorcycle battery in place.
The motorcycle battery is just keeping the tray warm. It’s a few years old and getting tired. I’m waiting for Sam’s Club to put their Duracell AGMs on sale so I can pick one up. Looking at a gp 35/85 AGM, somewhat smaller than a gp 24 so I should be able to finagle it in from the top without disassembling the plastic again.
Once I’m happy with the way things look under the hood I’ll start taking pictures. Right now it’s still a mess of too long wiring that won’t be trimmed until the final configuration is nailed down.

Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finished up my cooling fan override switch from the club store. The wife and I were out with our P1K5 Friday before this last Friday and I happened to notice my coolant temperature light was lite up and flashing ( oh no I thought). So we stopped and I saw right off the fan was running but we were at 4 bars. Luckily it did not boil over and loose any coolant and pretty quickly was back to 3 bars then 2 bars. We were in low range but putting along off road when this happened. I figure the fan was late coming on but luckily it did come on. Didn’t hesitate when we got home I ordered the override kit from club and got it finished today. I recommend if you haven’t added this mod then you should. After thinking about walking home or taking hours to get home it was a easy choice. We have probably rode about 50 miles since and the fan has worked flawlessly and that time was so far the only that has happened. Thanks for the great products @Hondasxs the store has. I know now if it happens again, we’re ready I hope.View attachment 325292
I'm pretty sure you have air in your cooling system. You need to check into that. There's plenty of topics on how to bleed air out of the cooling system.

Last edited:
advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This above post, is something that I have read about but just can't get mine to get any hotter than 2 bars.
That's a function of where you live. Here in Northern MI, I never saw more than two bars until my fan started breaking up. When it lost one blade, I'd see three bars here and there. When I went down to 2/4 blades, a 4. :)

T

Trouthunter

Mar 4, 2022
Eastern Sierras California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went out in the Pinenut foothills with several neighbors. One of the local mustang herds. Photo taken with my drone, didn't want to get too close and spook them.View attachment 326261
I have had them come pretty close and take an Apple that we tossed their way before, looks like you had some great spring weather!

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the price we all have to pay to "Build Back Better". I'm still waiting, permits not go thru yet? Let's elect some more f#^÷ing morons into office.

Instead of “build Back Better” it’s more like sleepy Joe and his team of misfits could f*** up a junkyard!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

advertisement