Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I'm sure Canadian wolves are much more polite than ours.
They stand there and give you a chance to shoot them. Haha

It’s sun and clouds and a couple little showers, not enough to wet the ground, and it’s 60 degrees. Feels great.
Sprayed my Apple tree for dormant bugs.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
52, Windy and chance of snow tomorrow.

Just thought I'd pass this on...

I have been reloading for many years for the 380 and the 4 guns that shoots that round. I took some of those reloads and shot my new Ruger LCP Max for about 40 rounds...fine gun. I picked it up this morning to change ammo in the gun and 12 round mag and couldn't eject the loaded round that was in the chamber...too long to allow the bullet to clear the chamber hood and eject.

I have used the same rounds in my PPK and Taraus clone and my Kel Tec P3AT which is the predecessor to the Ruger LCP which Ruger bought from KelTec. All functioned perfectly as did the Max when I fired it with the same ammo.

Well....following several unsuccessful attempts to disassemble the Max I ended up taking a flat bit screwdriver and bent the bullet in the case which finally allowed the round to fall out and clear the gun. I checked the OAL of the ammo and it was right at the max length minus one thousandth. The Max functions fine, just won't eject the reloads that work in other guns. Lesson learned. I'm guessing that if you use the factory loads they will be fine...this bullet was an open nose which may account for the problem or my gun just has a tight bolt/slide fit. Thought I'd pass this on.

Jim...you may want to pass this on to others who use the Ruger LCP Max. I was using the 12 round mag at the time.

Reactions: waynester and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

I have been reloading for many years for the 380 and the 4 guns that shoots that round. I took some of those reloads and shot my new Ruger LCP Max for about 40 rounds...fine gun. I picked it up this morning to change ammo in the gun and 12 round mag and couldn't eject the loaded round that was in the chamber...too long to allow the bullet to clear the chamber hood and eject.

I have used the same rounds in my PPK and Taraus clone and my Kel Tec P3AT which is the predecessor to the Ruger LCP which Ruger bought from KelTec. All functioned perfectly as did the Max when I fired it with the same ammo.

Well....following several unsuccessful attempts to disassemble the Max I ended up taking a flat bit screwdriver and bent the bullet in the case which finally allowed the round to fall out and clear the gun. I checked the OAL of the ammo and it was right at the max length minus one thousandth. The Max functions fine, just won't eject the reloads that work in other guns. Lesson learned. I'm guessing that if you use the factory loads they will be fine...this bullet was an open nose which may account for the problem or my gun just has a tight bolt/slide fit. Thought I'd pass this on.

Jim...you may want to pass this on to others who use the Ruger LCP Max. I was using the 12 round mag at the time.
Are you guys having a bullet shortage down there. Cabela doesn’t even have anything. A couple 50’s of .22’s. If you don’t have a stockpile, you aren’t going to the range. Walmart and Canadian Tire have nothing pretty well.
Crazy
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Was also wondering if you tried a cleaning rod to try and knock it back.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
It wasn't stuck, it just would not eject.
Are you guys having a bullet shortage down there. Cabela doesn’t even have anything. A couple 50’s of .22’s. If you don’t have a stockpile, you aren’t going to the range. Walmart and Canadian Tire have nothing pretty well.
Crazy
Caper
We have no shortage of ammo but the prices are running way high from where they should be.

• Love
Reactions: Caper
SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Severe weather likely for Monday thru Wednesday week. Wednesday has highest threat of severe weather for most of state as a cold front pushes into state. @Smitty @Wallace

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good luck
Caper
Stupid snow from BC again...falling from the sky. Someone up there please let them know it Spring and not supposed to snow until December or maybe late November. It's 44F out there so who ordered this which stuff anyway???!!

You folks down South be careful now!!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Stupid snow from BC again...falling from the sky. Someone up there please let them know it Spring and not supposed to snow until December or maybe late November. It's 44F out there so who ordered this which stuff anyway???!!

Now I understand...snow was forecast for 2500 feet and above...we're at 2496 US feet so this must be a mistake.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

You can keep the snow out there please.
I must ask my friend what’s happening in southern Alberta
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is it green ?
😂😂
Caper
I'll refrain from commenting.

We got a couple inches overnight but most is melted. 10 to 15 degrees below normal all week and maybe some misplaced snow as well. Heavy snow in Western WA in the Cascades. I was in the early planning stages of taking a motorcycle trip to the Ocean before the rug rats get out of school. Kids are great once they are out of diapers...it's their parents I avoid...same problem as diapers.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I'll refrain from commenting.

We got a couple inches overnight but most is melted. 10 to 15 degrees below normal all week and maybe some misplaced snow as well. Heavy snow in Western WA in the Cascades. I was in the early planning stages of taking a motorcycle trip to the Ocean before the rug rats get out of school. Kids are great once they are out of diapers...it's their parents I avoid...same problem as diapers.
My buddy said it’s cold in southern Alberta too. He picked up his bees today and took them to the farm. He said they weren’t happy with the cold.
Haha
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement