P1000 Trailer help

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ouch!!! AK tax hurts me for you.
That's what a 8.5x18' enclosed would cost locally.
Yeah. Everything up here is like that. For example. A auxiliary fuel pump I looked at up here for the bed of the truck was $449 up here. If I was back in NC, it's $329. That stuff adds up when you figure everything you buy is marked up to cover the shipping from down south. I guess it's a legitimate expense since they do have to pay more to ship up here but some businesses take advantage of it.

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah. Everything up here is like that. For example. A auxiliary fuel pump I looked at up here for the bed of the truck was $449 up here. If I was back in NC, it's $329. That stuff adds up when you figure everything you buy is marked up to cover the shipping from down south. I guess it's a legitimate expense since they do have to pay more to ship up here but some businesses take advantage of it.
Yep. It's very hard to wheel and deal up here. Everyone charges MSRP, and some tack on the shipping, too. I saw someone on the FB page selling a fully enclosed, loaded trailer that would fit a P1K, for $6300. That would go for $10k or more up here.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do you wish you got a 10' instead? Do you have a trailer with sides or just a flatbed style? Thx
the p1k only needs a 10ft trailer, and the 10 is more maneuverable than the 12... easier to store, etc... it has angle section running the perimeter about 16" up from the deck.