IMG_1976.JPG

P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You should make predecessor plural
I erased my previous reply to this because there is a large part of me that doesn’t want to talk about the negatives of the past machine anymore but truth be told it takes the positives and negatives to make you who you are.
First machine (p700-4) was great just wanted a little more. Got what we wanted with the first 1000 three years ago. Truly loved that machine, f***ing intake!!
Second machine PJ should’ve been put down immediately. We kept trying but in the end the loose intake hose proved to be too much.
Well on to Clutch. Tires and rear winch are from 700, roof windshield and a couple tings from first 1000 and most everything else from PJ. Hate she’s got damage but it’s a good machine, last thing I want is to start over yet again. 550 miles just since the update and I love it more then ever. She’s getting her own personality starting with the tires. Hell it had a damaged roll cage and heavily scratched and damaged parts along with tires 4 rigs old before she ever hit the dirt. After PJ I needed to know it would hold together before throwing a bunch at it, anyone that knows me should appreciate that. She’s succeeded!
Lots planned for her and some big surprises coming. We want to ride lots more and longer through the year, now that I trust it that will happen.
Now that the other is over it’s easier to deal with and realizing we would’ve not bought a Yamaha as a second vehicle without the PJ problems I’m almost glad it went down as we enjoy it so much. We kept moving forward regardless. f*** the past!

Last edited:
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep.. F**k the past! Great post man.

One thing I've gleaned from watching some of the posts and pics on this forum (mainly yours) is that I don't think I need beadlock wheels.

I don't ever get as crazy as half the guys on here, and only a handful have beadlocks. YOU don't! Unless you're busting the tires off the beads and we're not hearing about it... I'm good with normal wheels. :)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep.. F**k the past! Great post man.

One thing I've gleaned from watching some of the posts and pics on this forum (mainly yours) is that I don't think I need beadlock wheels.

I don't ever get as crazy as half the guys on here, and only a handful have beadlocks. YOU don't! Unless you're busting the tires off the beads and we're not hearing about it... I'm good with normal wheels. :)
They only time I’ve really had issues is just too low pressure or wrecking. The Yami has something weird on right front, possibly bad valve stem, it holds pressure forever then drops and comes off. We bring a can of starting fluid in that one. Easy fix. I personally don’t want bead locks as it’s never been a problem. I think if the tire is the right size for the rim usually be ok. I suppose everyone is a little different but we do ride pretty hard. We don’t carry a spare either just good tire patch kit with rubber cement, knock on wood we haven’t been stranded yet.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CP

What is the brand name on those BH Knockoffs?
Thanx,

WB
Kingworld is on the tire, sold as Quadking. In all honesty they look and feel better then Bighorns. Time will tell but both are made overseas.
Edit: I think better then factory 2.0. Have only had 6ply for short period on our first Pioneer with few problems but have not the original Bighorns.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Need beadlocks?? Mehhh... but if you’re buying wheels then why not??Not to mention they’re some of the cheaper wheel options out there when looking at the STI HD’s that many here are running

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Need beadlocks?? Mehhh... but if you’re buying wheels then why not??Not to mention they’re some of the cheaper wheel options out there when looking at the STI HD’s that many here are running
I’d agree with that. If already looking for a new wheel then it might be worth it for little more. But I sure don’t think I’d run and buy just because unless you’re trying to run very low pressures. A stiffer sidewall will help also.

J

JTW

I’d agree with that. If already looking for a new wheel then it might be worth it for little more. But I sure don’t think I’d run and buy just because unless you’re trying to run very low pressures. A stiffer sidewall will help also.
They’re like $90 per wheel and about the cheapest aftermarket wheel option.. that’s why many run them. The bead lock is really just a bonus.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
yea, but I'm picky on the look of the wheel too. There's really only one beadlock I've seen that I like, it's the Raceline Ryno. I'm lookin at a solid 200+ more for a set. Plus, I like to have a matching spare..

I dunno. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
yea, but I'm picky on the look of the wheel too. There's really only one beadlock I've seen that I like, it's the Raceline Ryno. I'm lookin at a solid 200+ more for a set. Plus, I like to have a matching spare..

I surely don’t want to talk you out of new rims, here pretty soon I may be knocking on your door for the LE’s. I want those with red centers pretty bad

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

540 for set of 4 Fb861e3580de3e08158aeaaf1deee947Ce9449ef794b3f7670f3e2e64a23577c083177c4f1ee81d0f4bf6ab71fffa6ce

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You going to make your own cage aren't you
I erased my previous reply to this because there is a large part of me that doesn’t want to talk about the negatives of the past machine anymore but truth be told it takes the positives and negatives to make you who you are.
First machine (p700-4) was great just wanted a little more. Got what we wanted with the first 1000 three years ago. Truly loved that machine, f***ing intake!!
Second machine PJ should’ve been put down immediately. We kept trying but in the end the loose intake hose proved to be too much.
Well on to Clutch. Tires and rear winch are from 700, roof windshield and a couple tings from first 1000 and most everything else from PJ. Hate she’s got damage but it’s a good machine, last thing I want is to start over yet again. 550 miles just since the update and I love it more then ever. She’s getting her own personality starting with the tires. Hell it had a damaged roll cage and heavily scratched and damaged parts along with tires 4 rigs old before she ever hit the dirt. After PJ I needed to know it would hold together before throwing a bunch at it, anyone that knows me should appreciate that. She’s succeeded!
Lots planned for her and some big surprises coming. We want to ride lots more and longer through the year, now that I trust it that will happen.
Now that the other is over it’s easier to deal with and realizing we would’ve not bought a Yamaha as a second vehicle without the PJ problems I’m almost glad it went down as we enjoy it so much. We kept moving forward regardless. f*** the past!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really liked these a lot actually. Unfortunately it’s impossible to find factory offsets and widths without paying a ton. One thing I have learned though is to not run color on the edges it doesn’t show damage form rocks.
4DDA7CC8 DC04 41B7 B67C FF3461E81E39

Reactions: JTW, sharp and BWAF
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I surely don’t want to talk you out of new rims, here pretty soon I may be knocking on your door for the LE’s. I want those with red centers pretty bad
Oh, it's gonna happen man. It's not a question of "if", but of "when"..

One of the wheels I like is the No Limits Vector.. problem is, they only make it in 15".

Vector positive line red

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really liked these a lot actually. Unfortunately it’s impossible to find factory offsets and widths without paying a ton. One thing I have learned though is to not run color on the edges it doesn’t show damage form rocks. View attachment 89373
Oh yes first time out you'll see every single rock you hit

advertisement