IMG_1976.JPG

P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine are 28.5 actual all stock with right off set they just clear barely
I am too! I don't plan on lifting it, and am going to run 28's. I'd feel a lot more confident sticking with 14".

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You going to make your own cage aren't you

No I don’t want all the added weight at the top most part of the machine. Except for interior light and roof everything will be gone from mid section up. Going to build some enclosures down low and kill off speaker bars. No upper weight anymore!
I do believe factory cage is strong enough where we ride because of the trees. It took this hit very good considering it was already damaged. I’ll probably fill the cage with structural foam, done that before.
Plus I have full enclosure built around that cage. I think I can do some adjustments though to lower the cage even more. Going to try to do a slight curve in windshield as well.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I don’t want all the added weight at the top most part of the machine. Except for interior light and roof everything will be gone from mid section up. Going to build some enclosures down low and kill off speaker bars. No upper weight anymore!
I do believe factory cage is strong enough where we ride because of the trees. It took this hit very good considering it was already damaged. I’ll probably fill the cage with structural foam, done that before.
Plus I have full enclosure built around that cage. I think I can do some adjustments though to lower the cage even more. Going to try to do a slight curve in windshield as well.
Can't wait to see it

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds like you may have to make some modifications to your custom cab to support your new vision.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Some yes. Not starting over though
Can’t wait to see what you come up with! I was thinking about how your custom cab was fitted to your cage and how you would have to duplicate your cage mod to get an exact fit. I do like how your vision changes to support usage overtime and it’s not just about looking good, although your builds always have!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can’t wait to see what you come up with! I was thinking about how your custom cab was fitted to your cage and how you would have to duplicate your cage mod to get an exact fit. I do like how your vision changes to support usage overtime and it’s not just about looking good, although your builds always have!
Thank you old friend. I know what I want in this machine I guess it’s just a matter of figuring everything out. We all want things a little different and set up for what’s needed. To a degree everyone here has a little different rig based off thier needs. For us right now we need a dependable comfortable ride that goes anywhere but most importantly comes back. We will be out a lot more this winter so the enclosure needs to work with the machine. Last year when we walked out of the woods cold during the snow storm sucked. I don’t want that again. We need a year round machine that’s good in all terrain. So hopefully this’ll be better in the winter and summer.
One main thing I want is a more stable platform for the aggressive stuff, looking back at the roll over there’s a few things that can be done to lessen the chances of a reoccurrence even though it was an accident. That is how I like to ride and always finding tougher terrain so adjustments will be made. Very happy with the running gear now so it’s time to do whatever else we can. Stressed but excited.

advertisement