Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of state land to hunt. Unfortunately not many big bucks around last couple years. Your more than welcome to a hunt. I've been skunked last couple years. Freezer is awfully lonely. Lol

We have room for 2 more in the freezer. I'm holding out for a monster buck I've seen the last 4 years. He's down this year. Should be in the 170-180 class 10 pointer He just has to show his love.

Reactions: JTW and PioneerPete
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We have room for 2 more in the freezer. I'm holding out for a monster buck I've seen the last 4 years. He's down this year. Should be in the 170-180 class 10 pointer He just has to show his love.
Wish we had bucks like that around here. There are some big ones but far and few between. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you would be disappointed in a New York hunt. Haha.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
haha... they're coming @ghost ... dyno tested Thursday and shipping tomorrow. Hope to have them by weeks end, but it'll probably be early next week before I can get them mounted and tested properly.
Ok - not sure I can hold my wallet closed that long... LOL

I think I might go with Elka's. If you dont mind - snap a couple pics of your install and post any tips that might help a guy that hasn't done a lot wrenching.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I think I might go with Elka's. If you dont mind - snap a couple pics of your install and post any tips that might help a guy that hasn't done a lot wrenching.
haha... I couldn't wait any longer either.

I'll be sure to get some pics added to the link.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

so far, not very impressed with the Elkas... the rears showed up today, and they only have one big coil spring... not what I was expecting from the photos on the website.

Last edited:
advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am pretty happy about the tires. I wasn't sure how they would measure, but turned out perfect.

The wheels are 3.5" offset, so should get 2" wider on each front (if you add the extra half inch from having one inch wider tires).
Are you going to run spacers on the rear to keep the same width

Reactions: sharp and JTW
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you going to run spacers on the rear to keep the same width
I haven't decided yet. I'm not adding them right now, but if it looks like I need to then I'll consider it. I don't mind the front being slightly wider than the rear. By my calculations, I think each front will be 1 to 1.5inches wider than the corresponding rear. I'm also considering only installing the highlifter lift on the front. might perform better with a slightly higher and wider front end. I think it's already almost an inch wider on each front from the factory, so I'm not expecting a dramatic difference between front and rear.

J

JTW

I haven't decided yet. I'm not adding them right now, but if it looks like I need to then I'll consider it. I don't mind the front being slightly wider than the rear. By my calculations, I think each front will be 1 to 1.5inches wider than the corresponding rear. I'm also considering only installing the highlifter lift on the front. might perform better with a slightly higher and wider front end. I think it's already almost an inch wider on each front from the factory, so I'm not expecting a dramatic difference between front and rear.
You suggestbthe HL lift?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What the .... f
Well, that cant be right.
I guess wait for the rest of the package - see what shows up... let us know what they have to say.
yeah, needless to say, I'm disappointed in Elka and their apparently false advertising.

Reactions: pct and JTW
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have considered the HL as well but only to stiffen the suspension up. Not really concerned with extra clearance. Unless those tires won't clear with stock suspension. I definitely see a set of those in my future. I'll wait for your review on em before I pull the trigger

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You suggestbthe HL lift?
I've never had one... we'll see. Delton kind of convinced me by talking about how much more stable the handling became after he added. it makes sense with the bracket they send that connects the two factory shock mount locations. I may even install the highlifter bracket and keep the shocks in the factory location too. just get the added stability but not the lift.

J

JTW

I have considered the HL as well but only to stiffen the suspension up. Not really concerned with extra clearance. Unless those tires won't clear with stock suspension. I definitely see a set of those in my future. I'll wait for your review on em before I pull the trigger
I'm with ya.. I'm waiting to see what combo is suggested after the fox shocks come out.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What the .... f
Well, that cant be right.
I guess wait for the rest of the package - see what shows up... let us know what they have to say.
I'm guessing that the pioneer shocks are not long enough to support having dual rate springs, but that seems like a crappy excuse after they go and advertise them like they do.

advertisement