P1000 SuperATV power steering

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took it out with only removing the battery and the rubber around the steering wheel. Tore my arms all to s***. Had to get my wife to help me install the new eps unit. It's fixed for now lol.
I FULLY understand the bit about getting your arms to look like they've been run through a hamburger grinder... LOL...

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An update...
The SATV EPS system still works GREAT.

AND: I don't have to have it on a trickle charger any longer. I have NOT used a trickle charger since I did the new steering going on a full month now, and the battery is no longer draining down at all ! :);)

Appears that the OEM Honda EPS system was not only defective/inoperative, but also somehow causing the draining the battery, :confused: Even when the key was removed from the ignition previously, it would drain the battery to the point it would not start the next morning.

O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another update on the SATV EPS. Family health issues had intervened, so the P-1000 had sat un-touched since the X-mas holiday's. This morning, I noted that I had forgotten to put it on a tender to keep the battery up. Oops... :(

Inspite of my fo-pax... Today, it started like it had only sat for a few days, and the EPS is still functioning perfectly.

Glad to finally have the original steering system's intermittent problems, and resulting battery drain issues WAY behind me. ;)