Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't chart any gravel road on page 2 of the map. its all blue.

have you done 16 and 9? I wanted to get over there and try out 12... If 16 is not too harsh, we could use it to cut a large portion of G1... I was trying to somewhat limit the amount of black diamond since we have a lot of ground to cover...
16 only has one place that is difficult right now. Some may drive down it. Some may winch down it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
West of Caryville
No I haven't, I need to get my butt in gear and check out the area trails west of I75 and south of Pioneer to Rocky Top.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I haven't, I need to get my butt in gear and check out the area trails west of I75 and south of Pioneer to Rocky Top.
Give me a day notice and I can help. Was out today tring to find some of the old trails from windrock to Caryville flats. Two dead ends with 6 mile back tracks. There are other ways to get around windrock without running so much gravel that's my goal. As I found out today it's really grown up. I also don't think you can get to Rocky Top from the trail system! I would like to find out how.

Reactions: joeymt33
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Ok guys I finally got an afternoon to explore a tidbit of the Royal Blue trails West of I-75. My house is about 7 miles North of the I-75 exit 141 where the trails east of I-75 connect (Where we rode for Pioneer Takeover). Little did I know off a small highway TN 297 that runs at the base of the mountain I now live on has an official marked direct connecting trailhead. It is only marked by a 6" square yellow sign "TWRA Road Open" the track is on the GPS maps but the actual connection at the road was moved due to a rock slide so all my prior drive by's showed an overgrown road no one used in years, but 400 yards over is the new entry. This let's me get on the system without having to trailer. I have only ventured North today towards the KY state line, but I will run the other trail South to the truck stops at Exit 141, then on down towards Windrock. I found a large Windrock map that actually reflects the trails and roads going North out of Windrock with the map stopping just short of that exit. Should have a good mapped run from North down to Windrock in the next 2 weeks. The biggest obstacle I feared was getting across TN 63 that the State Police patrol like barracuda daring and OHV to get anywhere near the shoulders, thus found the crossing using the GPS tracks and jeep yesterday. So now I am very optimistic at getting all my exploring done casually.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can't wait!

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Ok guys I finally got an afternoon to explore a tidbit of the Royal Blue trails West of I-75. My house is about 7 miles North of the I-75 exit 141 where the trails east of I-75 connect (Where we rode for Pioneer Takeover). Little did I know off a small highway TN 297 that runs at the base of the mountain I now live on has an official marked direct connecting trailhead. It is only marked by a 6" square yellow sign "TWRA Road Open" the track is on the GPS maps but the actual connection at the road was moved due to a rock slide so all my prior drive by's showed an overgrown road no one used in years, but 400 yards over is the new entry. This let's me get on the system without having to trailer. I have only ventured North today towards the KY state line, but I will run the other trail South to the truck stops at Exit 141, then on down towards Windrock. I found a large Windrock map that actually reflects the trails and roads going North out of Windrock with the map stopping just short of that exit. Should have a good mapped run from North down to Windrock in the next 2 weeks. The biggest obstacle I feared was getting across TN 63 that the State Police patrol like barracuda daring and OHV to get anywhere near the shoulders, thus found the crossing using the GPS tracks and jeep yesterday. So now I am very optimistic at getting all my exploring done casually.

Of note, these trails are not maintained at all like East of the interstate, nor are they numbered and marked. Story I got by locals is TN bought all that land then ran out of funds to mark the Royal Blue & New River Units like they have on the Sundquist Unit, thus no publicly available maps, they are literally outlaw trails that are now legit trails just no official name and numbers by the State. I ended up using a chainsaw and brush cutters a lot on an old trail I thought I needed on will have to see how it fares going South, I think it gets much more traffic down that way.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Bring saw and machete, check

SIGNATURE:
CumminsPusher quote: Boredom + Pioneer = trouble for me. I can't stop. Damn these things guys. I thank god I'm not the only one though. If it's just you then you're crazy if it's a group it's a sport!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bring saw and machete, check

SIGNATURE:
Off subject a lot. How do you like you skid plates. What is the best?

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Off subject a lot. How do you like you skid plates. What is the best?

There are several brands to choose from. The first thing to take into consideration is how much mud do you ride in.

The trail armor is best for muddy conditions in my opinion because there are lots of holes for drainage. SSS and FUATV has some good ones too. There's also some of the aluminum models out there but I can't remember the manufacture. I can find out for you if I need to

SIGNATURE:

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are several brands to choose from. The first thing to take into consideration is how much mud do you ride in.

The trail armor is best for muddy conditions in my opinion because there are lots of holes for drainage. SSS and FUATV has some good ones too. There's also some of the aluminum models out there but I can't remember the manufacture. I can find out for you if I need to

SIGNATURE:
Ride Windrock, Sunquist, North Cumberland WMA. Muddy as it gets when it rains. I don't (wont) treat it as a boat. Already bashing big rocks and bent passenger nerf bar. I just want the best you guys suggest. Money is not the deciding factor for me.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ride Windrock, Sunquist, North Cumberland WMA. Muddy as it gets when it rains. I don't (wont) treat it as a boat. Already bashing big rocks and bent passenger nerf bar. I just want the best you guys suggest. Money is not the deciding factor for me.

I love the trail armor. It has protection and drainage. It's a good combo.

Here's some reading for you.

P1000 - Full Skids

SIGNATURE:

Last edited:
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
A few of y'all was saying handguns y'all bringing. I just got a CZ sp-01 tactical. It's a freaking awesome gun. ok that's all lol. They're pretty hard to find so it took awhile but I finally found one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk B2735c634b9867e62e075f6464d19c09

Last edited:
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live the trail armor. It has protection and drainage. It's a good combo.

P1000 - Full Skids

SIGNATURE:
Thank you sir

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

P1000 - Full Skids

SIGNATURE:

X2 very satisfied with the trail armor set. Got about 1000 miles on them in the rocks holding up great. And they do wash out pretty good with the holes in them

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

P1000 - Full Skids

SIGNATURE:

I had the Trail armor on my first P1000 but I am looking at the Factory Utv set this go around....really had no complaints except I did have a cracked piece where 2 of the pieces seamed together. Because of that I do like how the Factory utv
setup come in three pieces instead of 5. But I do like all the drain holes in the TA setup......it's a toughy!!)

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A few of y'all was saying handguns y'all bringing. I just got a CZ sp-01 tactical. It's a freaking awesome gun. ok that's all lol. They're pretty hard to find so it took awhile but I finally found one.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 21153

That's a good looking pistol Scott.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: scott
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Thank you @CumminsPusher if you've never looked at CZ take a look they're some awesome guns. I'm getting a CZ 557 in .308 next and probably the P07 handgun. It's a polymer fame and lighter. My SP-01 is all steel it's more of a competition gun extremely accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
So I seen some say this ride can be done in 1 day so we just planning on riding 1 day or riding more after. Camping on trails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement