Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Haha. My wiring doubles as a fine pasta! @Montecresto said it looked like spaghetti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya but I've got to give props to Monte he did a fantastic job. To bad he's got to be a jerk about it lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ya but I've got to give props to Monte he did a fantastic job. To bad he's got to be a jerk about it lol
Dude!!!!! After I treat you like a brother??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Btw, the only reason mine looks real good is because I'm anal about such things, the only reason it works is because another patient forum member walked me through it. So I do need mopar's diagram. :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dude!!!!! After I treat you like a brother??
Well you were giving another member hell over wiring so I figured you needed some in return :) and maybe while you're up here you can straighten out my spaghetti lol.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well you were giving another member hell over wiring so I figured you needed some in return :) and maybe while you're up here you can straighten out my spaghetti lol.

To be fair I know my wiring looks like s*** and is a huge cluster... but it works. That's all I care about for now. Maybe @Tigermark or @Montecresto will help me clean it up one day, but if not oh well it still hauls but and works fine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
To be fair I know my wiring looks like s*** and is a huge cluster... but it works. That's all I care about for now. Maybe @Tigermark or @Montecresto will help me clean it up one day, but if not oh well it still hauls but and works fine.

I didn't spend near as much time this go around. The last couple rides were pretty money but we were adding stuff and trying to ride this time so don't feel bad mine is no Monte ride either. His is exceptional.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't spend near as much time this go around. The last couple rides were pretty money but we were adding stuff and trying to ride this time so don't feel bad mine is no Monte ride either. His is exceptional.

Well he's got exception wiring and you got an exceptional cab. I'm over here just riding mine and enjoying it. I did spray it with the pressure washer this week though. No soap but I sprayed the big chunks off. Haha.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well he's got exception wiring and you got an exceptional cab. I'm over here just riding mine and enjoying it. I did spray it with the pressure washer this week though. No soap but I sprayed the big chunks off. Haha.

Except for maybe twice that's how I wash as well. I can appreciate a man who can let his machine get dirty that's what they are for. To be afraid of mud would suck. No fun.
And for the record I'd always rather be riding then working on it so kudos on that!

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At first I tried to make my wiring all pretty and factory looking. Then after a bit I was like f- it, just hook it up. Maybe I'll turn Monte loose on mine one day lol

That's kind of how mine started too. I tried to make it pretty. Then said screw it. Make it work and jam it back behind the dash.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Fellas! I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once................

I'd do all I can to help each of you if you need. You do have to tear it all out and start over though you know!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ugh! Sounds horrible.

Yeah I know. It's just that it would take a lot longer to try to go through the spaghetti, also, for it to be proper, all connectors are soldered and shrink wrapped, and wires are run the shortest and most direct route inside split loam which often has to be run along with the wire because sometimes you cannot access a wires entire length once installed. But the purpose for keeping it all neat and tidy isn't just aesthetical, but it makes trouble shooting any future electrical problems much easier.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I know. It's just that it would take a lot longer to try to go through the spaghetti, also, for it to be proper, all connectors are soldered and shrink wrapped, and wires are run the shortest and most direct route inside split loam which often has to be run along with the wire because sometimes you cannot access a wires entire length once installed. But the purpose for keeping it all neat and tidy isn't just aesthetical, but it makes trouble shooting any future electrical problems much easier.

Problem. My wiring is ugly but I don't have problems. Haha. Kidding!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So here it is real simple, one wire to hot. Flasher unit gets wired in line in the power wire to the center pole of the 3 position switch. From there one side goes to left turn and one tonight turn. Each light gets grounded individually. Mount the 3 position switch sideways so that when you switch left, the lift blinkers come on and vice versa. Simple as it gets.

IMG 20161223 194020502 IMG 20161223 194217315 IMG 20161223 194232384

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement