Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mopar I got windows for the bus on eBay and it was under a grand shipped for 10 and they are big double pane. If you really watch they will be cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've found a few on eBay, trying to be a Jew and pay about half that for a door though. I've thought about RV salvage yards, but there aren't many around me. There is one in Indiana however if I can fit my big truck in there.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And the roof?
Roof will either be painted like the rest or depending on cost I may do a full EPDM rubber membrane type roof, I'm just not real sure how resistant that would be to tree limbs etc. Id almost like to skin it in sheet metal except that would be heavy

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've found a few on eBay, trying to be a Jew and pay about half that for a door though. I've thought about RV salvage yards, but there aren't many around me. There is one in Indiana however if I can fit my big truck in there.

I'm right there with ya about being cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparornocar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Roof will either be painted like the rest or depending on cost I may do a full EPDM rubber membrane type roof, I'm just not real sure how resistant that would be to tree limbs etc. Id almost like to skin it in sheet metal except that would be heavy
Probably at least as resistant as paint. And certainly more weather resistant.

Reactions: moparornocar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
nbomar and Tigermark are on the road headed this way to ride with the me and TR1 today in the ONF. Cold as s*** down here but we'll have fun. You boys keep up the interest and planning of the ROTC, and good luck with the ongoing design and implementation of your tiny trailer mopar!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
nbomar and Tigermark are on the road headed this way to ride with the me and TR1 today in the ONF. Cold as s*** down here but we'll have fun. You boys keep up the interest and planning of the ROTC, and good luck with the ongoing design and implementation of your tiny trailer mopar!!
Have fun buddy. Take some pics!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I got a start on mine today,I figured l'm going to need the ramps to load up on a Uhaul when I return home,what better solid platform to start on. WIN 20161210 124143

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I got a start on mine today,I figured l'm going to need the ramps to load up on a Uhaul when I return home,what better solid platform to start on.View attachment 28167
Can't wait to see you're going to come up with after you fool back you're sleeves on this one.

Reactions: sharp and iowaguy
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Can't wait to see you're going to come up with after you fool back you're sleeves on this one.
I have to be honest with you,I have so many different ideas going thru my mind on different ways to go about it and what to use for weight reduction,I want it to weigh less than 60 lbs. also be strong and easy to set up.looking at corrugated 3/8" plastic sheets,a 4 x8 sheet weighs 12 lbs also 3/8 corrugated polycarbonate sheets are lighter yet and stronger but a little pricier .My wife told me to take my time,YOU HAVE A YEAR AND A HALF TO DO IT!!! and you might have a different SXS by then..

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have to be honest with you,I have so many different ideas going thru my mind on different ways to go about it and what to use for weight reduction,I want it to weigh less than 60 lbs. also be strong and easy to set up.looking at corrugated 3/8" plastic sheets,a 4 x8 sheet weighs 12 lbs also 3/8 corrugated polycarbonate sheets are lighter yet and stronger but a little pricier .My wife told me to take my time,YOU HAVE A YEAR AND A HALF TO DO IT!!!
If you're going to do it do it right like you did the extra seating. I'm glad the wife is behind you on this. We all have some pretty good support it seems

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have to be honest with you,I have so many different ideas going thru my mind on different ways to go about it and what to use for weight reduction,I want it to weigh less than 60 lbs. also be strong and easy to set up.looking at corrugated 3/8" plastic sheets,a 4 x8 sheet weighs 12 lbs also 3/8 corrugated polycarbonate sheets are lighter yet and stronger but a little pricier .My wife told me to take my time,YOU HAVE A YEAR AND A HALF TO DO IT!!! and you might have a different SXS by then..
And mama's right about both Iowa! :):)

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Very true lol. I also want to get a visual for how monstrous it's going to look built behind the Pioneer. That will make my decision as to whether or not I cut a door off the back.
Tows perfect. About an inch narrower on each side than the car. I can still make a u turn in he middle of the street. Don't think I'm going to cut anything off it.

View attachment 28080 View attachment 28081
Will u change the tiers for some wider ones for beter flotation for sandy or mudy stretches of the trail?

advertisement