P1000 Oil light

B

BILL14

Jun 21, 2019
lake placid florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Everything was fine. Put roughly 40 miles of gravel on today. Go to check cattle and ride fence and the oil light comes on and temp hits three bars. Puke bottle is full, oil level is perfect. I'm sitting in the middle of a pasture letting it cool down before I try to start it again. Any ideas ?
hello if this all started after the dealer did your clutch update they most likely pinched an o-ring or forgot to install the oil orface in the clutch housing I work at a honda dealer and I have seen this problem a few times now

H

Honda100078

Nov 28, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hello if this all started after the dealer did your clutch update they most likely pinched an o-ring or forgot to install the oil orface in the clutch housing I work at a honda dealer and I have seen this problem a few times now
I know this is a long shot .. but I have to same problem with the light and have replaced all kinds of stuff$1700 worth of stuff and ideas would help.... Update was done and bike ran great all last winter and the beginning of this year it is killings me....

Reactions: EMAW and TripleB
S

SteveR

Oct 10, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have the same issue. I just did the clutch update myself. I've checked all fluid levels. It starts fine and drives fine. Temp is never hot but when I drive it and it gets to normal operating temp, that light comes on. I can shut off the machine and the light goes off for a little bit then BAM. light comes on. Now what I will say is that I did burn my clutch which is why I did the new cover and update. There is no way to flush all the old oil out. That said(its not due) but I'm going to change my oil again and see if I get any clutch fibers out from the previous clutch burn. I will keep you guys advised.

• Sad
Reactions: CID