P1000 Oil pressure light

K

Kfro

May 20, 2024
Newfoundland
Hi all, I’m new here, with a 2020 Pioneer 1000-5, with 4800km.
I purchased it used with no known clutch work. At the end of a 45 min easy trail ride, the oil pressure light came on. I stopped turned the rig off, checked for leaks and there are none, started it , oil P light went out. On the return trip, no oil P light. Tranny seems to shift fine. I read all the posts here regarding oil p light and had look on YouTube. On YT a guy suggests switching out “OIL PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE” which appears to be part # 15240-HL4-000.

So as my problem isn’t serious at the moment and the tranny is running fine, with no other codes, I wondering the thoughts of the collective on this part replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi all, I’m new here, with a 2020 Pioneer 1000-5, with 4800km.
I purchased it used with no known clutch work. At the end of a 45 min easy trail ride, the oil pressure light came on. I stopped turned the rig off, checked for leaks and there are none, started it , oil P light went out. On the return trip, no oil P light. Tranny seems to shift fine. I read all the posts here regarding oil p light and had look on YouTube. On YT a guy suggests switching out “OIL PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE” which appears to be part # 15240-HL4-000.

So as my problem isn’t serious at the moment and the tranny is running fine, with no other codes, I wondering the thoughts of the collective on this part replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
Anytime you have a light come on, the computer stores that code.
If it is not ACTIVE, it will not flash, but you can still pull that code to see what it was.
And post up some pics of your ride. 👍
Have a good day

IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Jan 6, 2024
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm the long-winded one below in this thread. I think hot oil will trip the idiot light/oil pressure sensor. So, I think the advice below about turning off the ignition (maybe twice) to re-set the oil pressure/idiot light sensor is important. If the sensor does not re-set and the idiot light continues to be on, it's quite likely your oil pressure is low. Otherwise, you may choose to live with this quirk. I installed an oil pressure gauge (instructions earlier in this thread), so I know exactly what's goin' on.