P1000 Need Front Shock Loan

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't heard anyone say whether they got any lift from elka shocks. I suppose I'll be able to give myself some lift with the shock pre load, but I got the highlifter brackets too in case the maxxis 28s are a little large. I got one tire today. It only measured 26.5", but I haven't mounted it yet.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I haven't heard anyone say whether they got any lift from elka shocks. I suppose I'll be able to give myself some lift with the shock pre load, but I got the highlifter brackets too in case the maxxis 28s are a little large. I got one tire today. It only measured 26.5", but I haven't mounted it yet.

I'm hoping with a decent preload they sit the same. Maxxis was crap on bikes but I've sure been loving their atv line. Bought a set for the 700 pit nearly 1200 then onto our quad for around 1000 and they are still looking great. I understand the weight difference but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PioneerPete
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm hoping with a decent preload they sit the same. Maxxis was crap on bikes but I've sure been loving their atv line. Bought a set for the 700 pit nearly 1200 then onto our quad for around 1000 and they are still looking great. I understand the weight difference but still.

yeah, they are a little lighter than the roctanes. I've had good luck with maxxis tires on my mtn bike. the tire I received today is pretty impressive. I do a fair amount of road riding, so hoping these light truck tires make that a little smoother.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Oh s***! Nice one Pete! I'm looking at these down the road if the Foxes are to much but I'm looking at 2 or possibly 3

I just ordered a set of the stage 2 elkas since I might be selling my honda soon. I know it needed some kind of adjustable shock after adding the cab and winch stuff. Something tells me anything even the stage 2's will be a huge improvement over the front shocks. I'm keeping the rears though. I like the self leveling feature.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just ordered a set of the stage 2 elkas since I might be selling my honda soon. I know it needed some kind of adjustable shock after adding the cab and winch stuff. Something tells me anything even the stage 2's will be a huge improvement over the front shocks. I'm keeping the rears though. I like the self leveling feature.
I'm pretty sure I'll be buying all 4 but two at a time. I've not minded the rears that'll probably change

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm pretty sure I'll be buying all 4 but two at a time. I've not minded the rears that'll probably change
I wonder if Factory Connection revalves/respring ATV shocks, I've found them to be very helpful on my Paoli forks

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
plus the dual rate springs

Have you got them yet? I know the pic shows that it's dual rate but so did snuffnwhisky's stage 4 shocks. When he got them, they didn't look like the picture. They were single rate. I still haven't made up my mind yet but I'm watching everyone else to learn.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you got them yet? I know the pic shows that it's dual rate but so did snuffnwhisky's stage 4 shocks. When he got them, they didn't look like the picture. They were single rate. I still haven't made up my mind yet but I'm watching everyone else to learn.
I also, I know I need way better shocks/springs up front, the 2017 have red springs, what ever that means, probably just paint. And need to be adjustable. Honda screwed up here, big time!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also, I know I need way better shocks/springs up front, the 2017 have red springs, what ever that means, probably just paint. And need to be adjustable. Honda screwed up here, big time!
Polaris is missing the boat here, they need to build a 5 seater on this kind of platform, even with the belt drive system they could smoke Honda. Honda is having issues with there no belt system, easing around in reverse. Burning out clutches. Polaris has really good suspension on all of there units. ???????????????????????????????????

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Polaris is missing the boat here, they need to build a 5 seater on this kind of platform, even with the belt drive system they could smoke Honda. Honda is having issues with there no belt system, easing around in reverse. Burning out clutches. Polaris has really good suspension on all of there units. ???????????????????????????????????

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Please let me elaborate, when you shift into reverse in what ever range your in reverse is always in high range, burning out clutches. What brain surgeon designs this?

Reactions: CashMoney
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Mine were close to stock maybe a little higher in the front with no preload. I forgot to measure before and after. I did put 3 rounds of preload in the rear to level it like I wanted.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mine were close to stock maybe a little higher in the front with no preload. I forgot to measure before and after. I did put 3 rounds of preload in the rear to level it like I wanted.

Awesome that's what I was hoping for

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
haven't gotten them yet... they are supposed to ship tomorrow, so hopefully will have them by the end of the week.

Reactions: amc019
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my connection told me today they would be several months before they could do anything due to the volume of orders they have for the 2017 super duty. I went ahead and ordered front stage 3 elkas after talking to them this is the shock I think that fits my needs best. 2 weeks delivery time. Excited to try them out at the end of this month.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well my connection told me today they would be several months before they could do anything due to the volume of orders they have for the 2017 super duty. I went ahead and ordered front stage 3 elkas after talking to them this is the shock I think that fits my needs best. 2 weeks delivery time. Excited to try them out at the end of this month.

You going to have them for the Mulberry ride?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

That's the number I'm looking at down the road. I'm very interested what your comments are

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com

Man I hope you get them that soon. I ordered some stage 2's a week or so before Christmas and still haven't seen anything. I'm hoping its just because they took that week off or something.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm with you man... I just ordered shocks and went for all four. I'm hoping it meets my expectations which are pretty high. we'll see.
What did you buy and why. Smitty Marketing Dept.

advertisement