Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He either bought a cheap set, torqued or mounted them wrong. That said, I’ve never had a problem ;) When your installing them..patience is a virtue
Agreed! Those also have a pattern and torque spec, I’ll probably buy Beadlocks again for Trifecta but the thought of torquing all of those boots gives me mental pain. 🤕

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve thought about truck tires, still on the fence though. I really like these.

4E9A1FE0 B212 461E 9030 378D67F21EC1

J

jajohn00

Nov 16, 2018
US
I’ve thought about truck tires, still on the fence though. I really like these.

View attachment 187166
That is a good looking tire. I have a stock set up so I don't think that I can use one that tall. But I did see them in a 235/75r15. Those are $133 for some reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russ989
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone seen someone running the 31x11.50 super swamper ltb on a sxs?
Nope! But I bet there heavy as hell tho! That’s something you need to watch out for. You’ll dramatically lose your low end torque with to heavy a tire and wheel. I had supper swampers on a truck a long time ago and My back hurt bad taking them off Lol they were 33’s so not too far off what your looking at.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I want to say @Ohio4x4 is running super swampers- not that big if memory serves
I've got bias tsls in a 28-8.50-r14. They work great. I would still have them on if I hadn't gotten a great deal on some used regulators on method beadlocks. I put 2k miles on with no visible wear.

Reactions: dnjones161
advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Bwaf covered everything pretty well.
I have put LT tires on 2 different machines. They have been awesome and I've never had a flat. You aren't going to wear them out any time soon. I know after 2000 miles on the first machine they still looked brand new.

For the riding you describe they will be a perfect fit. They ride a little stiff in really rough areas but outside of that they are excellent.

I recommend the 235/75-15

I have the maxxis buckshot mudder II now and I love them. (Grey machine) They get around extremely well. View attachment 109345View attachment 109346View attachment 109347View attachment 109348View attachment 109349View attachment 109350

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm looking to get a set of these Maxxis tires. How do they do in mud? I'm hoping that they will steer the machine better than the factory bighorns. These heavy machines push so much when trying to turn in mud. I also have a hard time tracking in ruts - can't climb out of ruts in the mud and can't seem to stick well enough to straddle them (if that makes any sense at all). I think I will love how they go down the road, since I run a lot of road miles too. Have you put them through any abuse that could puncture them? If it wasn't for the stock 4 ply tires that I'm afraid I will puncture, I would not be looking to upgrade the tires until they wear out. Also, have you used them in deep snow?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm looking to get a set of these Maxxis tires. How do they do in mud? I'm hoping that they will steer the machine better than the factory bighorns. These heavy machines push so much when trying to turn in mud. I also have a hard time tracking in ruts - can't climb out of ruts in the mud and can't seem to stick well enough to straddle them (if that makes any sense at all). I think I will love how they go down the road, since I run a lot of road miles too. Have you put them through any abuse that could puncture them? If it wasn't for the stock 4 ply tires that I'm afraid I will puncture, I would not be looking to upgrade the tires until they wear out. Also, have you used them in deep snow?

I've ridden them in sharp rocks without an issue. They do well in mud and snow. They are a good all around tire that handles like a nice car on the road. I'd give them a 7 or 8 across the board. The one area they lack is on frozen or slick ground. They aren't soft enough to really bite when the ground is hard and slick. For that my berserkers do much better. They are a solid jack of all trades and great on the road.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've ridden them in sharp rocks without an issue. They do well in mud and snow. They are a good all around tire that handles like a nice car on the road. I'd give them a 7 or 8 across the board. The one area they lack is on frozen or slick ground. They aren't soft enough to really bite when the ground is hard and slick. For that my berserkers do much better. They are a solid jack of all trades and great on the road.
I waited for a couple months now for the berserkers to go on sale, but no luck. I'm kinda surprised that the maxxis don't bite great on hard and slick ground. I'd think the tread would bite hard on anything hard. But it makes sense, since these tires are designed to last 30k or more miles on a much heavier vehicle.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I waited for a couple months now for the berserkers to go on sale, but no luck. I'm kinda surprised that the maxxis don't bite great on hard and slick ground. I'd think the tread would bite hard on anything hard. But it makes sense, since these tires are designed to last 30k or more miles on a much heavier vehicle.

Yea I lucked out and got the berserkers on sale. I kept calling them until they finally gave in. They usually run sales on holidays.

The maxxis bite hard ground when its dry lol. This time of year when the ground is still froze but has a little mud on top they just dont hook up as well as berserkers. But yes they're made to go 30k or more on a pickup so it's a give and take. My goal is to put 10K miles on them and see how they look. With all the money on spend on this stuff I dont know why I care so much about tire life... principal I guess. Lol

I use the berserkers for trips and the maxxis the rest of the year.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea I lucked out and got the berserkers on sale. I kept calling them until they finally gave in. They usually run sales on holidays.

The maxxis bite hard ground when its dry lol. This time of year when the ground is still froze but has a little mud on top they just dont hook up as well as berserkers. But yes they're made to go 30k or more on a pickup so it's a give and take. My goal is to put 10K miles on them and see how they look. With all the money on spend on this stuff I dont know why I care so much about tire life... principal I guess. Lol

I use the berserkers for trips and the maxxis the rest of the year.
30,000 miles? Ive got 3,000 on Rooster and on my 4th set of tires?

T

Tommy1214

Sep 16, 2019
Marshall tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope! But I bet there heavy as hell tho! That’s something you need to watch out for. You’ll dramatically lose your low end torque with to heavy a tire and wheel. I had supper swampers on a truck a long time ago and My back hurt bad taking them off Lol they were 33’s so not too far off what your looking at.
I know that they are lighter than the out n back max in a 32 by several lbs. Intercostal home page says 47 lbs per tire but if I shave a little to open the treads up I think I can stay around 50 lbs or a little less with tires and wheels.

T

Tommy1214

Sep 16, 2019
Marshall tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got bias tsls in a 28-8.50-r14. They work great. I would still have them on if I hadn't gotten a great deal on some used regulators on method beadlocks. I put 2k miles on with no visible wear.
That's cool I put 30 inch advantage vee rubbers on my 1000 last summer. We put maybe 1500 miles on them and I have worn half the tread off. Not too impressed with the mileage from them. From what I've heard truck tires should fix my problem

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
T

Tommy1214

Sep 16, 2019
Marshall tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that they are lighter than the out n back max in a 32 by several lbs. Interco home page says 47 lbs per tire but if I shave a little to open the treads up I think I can stay around 50 lbs or a little less with tires and wheels.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I got a set of these last night!

I also have a set of 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2 tires to sell, cuz they won't fit my machine

advertisement