Multi July N.W.Arkansas ride

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question for you guys that has road these trails. How dusty is it usually? Thinking about removing front windshield. But wife says she don't want covered in dust

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dust is just a way of life for all of us. Unless we get lucky and get a little bit of rain while we are there. A little bit not a downpour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well to get back on topic....I'm hoping to buy a trailer tomorrow to haul my rig. I'm going to try to be there sometime on Friday, but might not make it until Saturday morning. My job and the travel it involves makes it hard to say for sure. I'm going to toss the bare essentials in my truck, load the honda, and figure out the rest when I get there. Guessing I'll have some breakfast then roll in to Mullberry Mountain and look for Pioneer's on my way through. Are there any set times for rides on Friday or Saturday? Otherwise I'll probably bounce back and forth between this gathering, and hanging with the Boozefighter's at Byrds.
Just look for some idiots, I'm staying in camp spot 21

Reactions: sharp and YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yard Dog, you're the kind of guy we need along on the PROTC!
Sounds like fun, but I just can't spare that much vacation. Any vacation I take now is spent with my family. Actually I have been legally working since I was 15, but the most vacation time I have ever used was 10 days, and that was only once. But I do plan on buying a lottery ticket tomorrow, so who knows.

What nombre is it. Me and YardDog will be using it.
I'm pretty sure they have a limit on how many can occupy each site. I'm going to throw together what I can Thursday night, head out Friday, and get a primitive camp site when I get there. I found out tonight that most of my camping gear is spread out at three different houses, so I'm just going to buy a wally world tent to get by with for a couple nights. As for food, I'm going cheap. I could bring a couple steaks, but that means I have to haul dishes, silverware, spices, a grill, ect....so I'll stick with the standard lunch meat, hot dogs and burgers. As for breakfast, well I haven't figured that out yet.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sounds like fun, but I just can't spare that much vacation. Any vacation I take now is spent with my family. Actually I have been legally working since I was 15, but the most vacation time I have ever used was 10 days, and that was only once. But I do plan on buying a lottery ticket tomorrow, so who knows.

I'm pretty sure they have a limit on how many can occupy each site. I'm going to throw together what I can Thursday night, head out Friday, and get a primitive camp site when I get there. I found out tonight that most of my camping gear is spread out at three different houses, so I'm just going to buy a wally world tent to get by with for a couple nights. As for food, I'm going cheap. I could bring a couple steaks, but that means I have to haul dishes, silverware, spices, a grill, ect....so I'll stick with the standard lunch meat, hot dogs and burgers. As for breakfast, well I haven't figured that out yet.
You can pitch with me in site 21, I'm bringing a bunch of crap with me hoping some one will have a pan, HA!

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You can pitch with me in site 21, I'm bringing a bunch of crap with me hoping some one will have a pan, HA!
That might work out. It would keep everyone together in the general area. And I'd split the cost of the site. I'll make a few calls and see where my camp pots and pans are. On the upside....I have bacon lol

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's going to be hot next weekend. Temps during the day around Ozark are supposed to be 96 degrees and high humidity. We'll get a little relief with the higher altitude, and night temps will be in the mid 70's. But anyone in a tent will want a battery operated fan for sure.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What up grades? Sorry just being a poop head, hope it,s not major and all goes well. I'm sure I can speak for all the members here, our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Upgrades? I don't need any prayers. :) Thanks though.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's going to be hot next weekend. Temps during the day around Ozark are supposed to be 96 degrees and high humidity. We'll get a little relief with the higher altitude, and night temps will be in the mid 70's. But anyone in a tent will want a battery operated fan for sure.
AC. :)

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Can you jack the front up off the gfound? If so try turning one tire at a time in neutral. Maybe you will ve able to pinpount the problem.

No issues when I do this. It must have been too much weight in the cab. There were 4 of us. I'll still come abuse it in Arkansas!

Reactions: YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wish I had a portable smoker. I'd show everyone what smoking a fatty really means. Each one has 1 lb of sausage rolled out, filled with whatever you want, rolled back into a chub, wrapped with bacon, and smoked at 225 degrees for a couple hours. Put a slice of that on a home made biscuit and you're in heaven. That's the s*** that will make a puppy pull a freight train ;)

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish I had a portable smoker. I'd show everyone what smoking a fatty really means. Each one has 1 lb of sausage rolled out, filled with whatever you want, rolled back into a chub, wrapped with bacon, and smoked at 225 degrees for a couple hours. Put a slice of that on a home made biscuit and you're in heaven. That's the s*** that will make a puppy pull a freight train ;)

I think I have a friend with one of those 110 mastercraft smokers.

I’m also considering bringing my poop cart aka 42 gallon liquid and waste tank on wheels. Since they don’t have sewer on site, I’m wondering if I have enough storage capacity to not have to pull over to the dump station. Might be worth it to take along. I’m not worried about black water, but grey might fill fast with showers and sink use for dishes and pots etc.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think I have a friend with one of those 110 mastercraft smokers.

I’m also considering bringing my poop cart aka 42 gallon liquid and waste tank on wheels. Since they don’t have sewer on site, I’m wondering if I have enough storage capacity to not have to pull over to the dump station. Might be worth it to take along. I’m not worried about black water, but grey might fill fast with showers and sink use for dishes and pots etc.

It's a pretty nice bath house/shower facility that they have there, you can use that, if it suits. But leaving the grey water valve on you're RV just cracked all night takes care of the whole tank each night. It will slowly drain into the gravel and disappear. Especially hot and dry as it is.

Reactions: sharp and Dp5hunter
jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
Hi @GlockMeister do you have the updated list? Printing tomorrow.

advertisement