Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This has become more than a quest, it's now an obsession. I don't care how much it cost, I'm going to try a ride variety of things (pun intended) and I'm not going to stop until I can get the noise as quiet as possible!

Sooner or later, this will be the perfect UTV to me :)
Very cool!

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This has become more than a quest, it's now an obsession. I don't care how much it cost, I'm going to try a ride variety of things (pun intended) and I'm not going to stop until I can get the noise as quiet as possible!

Sooner or later, this will be the perfect UTV to me :)

Please keep us in the loop. The only thing keeping me from buying one is my wife and that is because of the heat primarily and the noise secondarily. She doesn't particularly like the ride but I believe that can be fixed with some suspension adjustment. I think the one I rode on was intentionally stiffened and made worse as a sales tactic.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Please keep us in the loop. The only thing keeping me from buying one is my wife and that is because of the heat primarily and the noise secondarily. She doesn't particularly like the ride but I believe that can be fixed with some suspension adjustment. I think the one I rode on was intentionally stiffened and made worse as a sales tactic.

I tell ya. I really don't know what all of this complaining about the heat is. I feel some heat? Sure. Did throwing on seat cushions absolutely cure it? YES.

After that to ME, there was no more heat in the cab then anyone would experience riding or walking or anything else on a typical hot summer day. And once I get moving and the air is blowing I just feel absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

And since I live in the mountains where it stays pretty cool most of the time and gets very cold at other times I will welcome the heat very much.

FYI, and I should've posted this, the bad dumping issue? I used a simple flat scissor jack and the problem was solved immediately. I learned it only needed a few inches to get it going and once you have about 6 inches of lift the bed took care of itself from there.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Curiosity make me look. Paint booth where I work is 75d my truck at idle is 45. My Pk1 idle is 60 and at 3000rpm is 67d.

Reactions: Stauvo
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I tell ya. I really don't know what all of this complaining about the heat is. I feel some heat? Sure. Did throwing on seat cushions absolutely cure it? YES.

After that to ME, there was no more heat in the cab then anyone would experience riding or walking or anything else on a typical hot summer day. And once I get moving and the air is blowing I just feel absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

And since I live in the mountains where it stays pretty cool most of the time and gets very cold at other times I will welcome the heat very much.

FYI, and I should've posted this, the bad dumping issue? I used a simple flat scissor jack and the problem was solved immediately. I learned it only needed a few inches to get it going and once you have about 6 inches of lift the bed took care of itself from there.

Can you take a picture of what you used?

It was VERY noticeable when we rode. It was like a hair dryer set on hot at low speed blowing up between the back and seat and we were only going about 10 MPH. My wife is the one that brought it up and I didn't say a thing about it beforehand. It was about 72 F ambient temp at the time. This unit had a windscreen and a hard back as well.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Crowhunter the heat is easy I'm sure you're aware of that but the noise just isn't bad and gets better. But Plummer is working in that. Maybe hard back panel made worse?? The ride for sure gets good once the shocks wear in. Too good actually where I had to put spacers in to stiffen it up. My new on at 90miles without spacers is still stiffer then my other was with spacers

Last edited:
Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
On a 6 hr road trip so too hard to search and not there to take new pic.

But I posted pics on one of my posts with the seat cushions I use and it's somewhere...

Just don't remember where...

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
U can do a search for pics!!!!

Here it is :

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That looks damn cozy

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And I see why you don't get much heat. The cushion fills up the area between upper and lower seat that's where a ton comes out especially through water.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good to know! Didn't really plan it like that, but hey, I'll take your word on it :)

Kinda sucks cuz just spent 6 months getting my truck all decked out and my "dream vehicle project" was finished!

Then I had to go and buy a Honda! Here's pics my Duramax crew 4x4 3500.

Warn 12000 pnd winch front. Warn 9000 pound rear. Two cameras rear. One for hitch one for rear view. One camera front for winch and pulling in parking spots. 4 lights up front and two to the rear.

Awesome stereo system second to none....that collects dust cuz everywhere I go, wife goes with me and wife? Can't STAND loud music. So I literally have a $6000 system that I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER listen to over a whisper. Now THAT was a waste of money!!! Only time I crank it is in driveway to show my buds. So a min here and a min there every year...or TWO...

Plus a slew of other things like a performance chip, 2 ARB exhaust jacks, 16000 pnd pull pal, 6' hi-lift Jack and such. I would list more if this was a Chevy forum :)

I was all finished and ready to enjoy retirement. But noooooooooo, enter Honda Pioneer 1000 upgrades! And the fact that most probably I will NOW use my Honda a million times more than I ever will my truck for mudding and trails. Truth is, I have completely lost interest in my truck and like my P1000 better.. Horrible! Just horrible!

Tried again to post the video wouldn't post the other night. Seems since I'm traveling have fast reception again and pics loaded right up.

Bit long at 8 mins and thinking too big a file for this website??? That true the powers that be?

I do all the work myself cuz rule #3? Don't trust anyone else to do it, it won't be as good as you can do it.

In short, rule #3 is "No one packs a parachute like the jumper"

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know! Didn't really plan it like that, but hey, I'll take your word on it :)

Kinda sucks cuz just spent 6 months getting my truck all decked out and my "dream vehicle project" was finished!

Then I had to go and buy a Honda! Here's pics my Duramax crew 4x4 3500.

Warn 12000 pnd winch front. Warn 9000 pound rear. Two cameras rear. One for hitch one for rear view. One camera front for winch and pulling in parking spots. 4 lights up front and two to the rear.

Awesome stereo system second to none....that collects dust cuz everywhere I go, wife goes with me and wife? Can't STAND loud music. So I literally have a $6000 system that I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER listen to over a whisper. Now THAT was a waste of money!!! Only time I crank it is in driveway to show my buds. So a min here and a min there every year...or TWO...

Plus a slew of other things like a performance chip, 2 ARB exhaust jacks, 16000 pnd pull pal, 6' hi-lift Jack and such. I would list more if this was a Chevy forum :)

I was all finished and ready to enjoy retirement. But noooooooooo, enter Honda Pioneer 1000 upgrades! And the fact that most probably I will NOW use my Honda a million times more than I ever will my truck for mudding and trails. Truth is, I have completely lost interest in my truck and like my P1000 better.. Horrible! Just horrible!

Tried again to post the video wouldn't post the other night. Seems since I'm traveling have fast reception again and pics loaded right up.

Bit long at 8 mins and thinking too big a file for this website??? That true the powers that be?

I do all the work myself cuz rule #3? Don't trust anyone else to do it, it won't be as good as you can do it.

In short, rule #3 is "No one packs a parachute like the jumper"

View attachment 17244 View attachment 17245 View attachment 17246 View attachment 17247 View attachment 17243 View attachment 17242 View attachment 17241 View attachment 17240 View attachment 17239View attachment 17235 View attachment 17236 View attachment 17237 View attachment 17238
If you broke down out in the woods, you could rebuild your motor and build a tree house to stay in! Haha

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you broke down out in the woods, you could rebuild your motor and build a tree house to stay in! Haha
With tools for all 7 dwarfs to help and still have backup. That's impressive

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3

LMAO! Very true! Didn't show the back u would really call me nuts! Kind of a prepper get away mobile.

Every kind of nut, bolt, screw, nail, any kind of electrical connection. Honda generator, 2500 watt inverter, water, food, 60 gallons diesel, ammo and guns... Pretty much u name it its on there!

And then there's the trailer...

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got my new wheels! Course didn't come with the lug nuts and stems and their closed. Just hate that. Maybe being shipped separate.

But much nicer than OEM looks wise. Function don't have a clue!

Watched a couple videos and seems like mounting the tires is a do it yourself project. But they stopped short at the filling with air part!

One that did he surprisingly just filled it with air loose on the rim???

Just doesn't seem possible? I always thought u had to take a strap or chain and compress it down to get it going.

Anyone done their own mount job? And the air part? Or links :)

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So, I can see this noise issue may be more demanding than I thought.

Not necessarily for myself but for sharing what works for others. Issue is there will be major differences between people who have solid cabs, soft cabs, no cabs, top or no top, doors or no doors, you get my picture.

I may come up with the absolute perfect solution for my OWN variation, but then if someone were to follow my advice and apply to theirs, it could be a total failure because of their particular arrangement!

I would like to know from anyone who's interested in this noise thread, before I get started, some basics as to what the normal pioneer looks like at their house?

Does everyone pretty much have a top, let's start there, guessing that's the most common.

Does everyone keep their doors on?

Does anybody actually run the full enclosed cab?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Most of the-time roof, half windshield/BugBuster- full in winter.

advertisement