GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How are you doing the cover? Same as Joey?
Pretty much..i have an aluminum hinge. Tryin to find some push button fasteners or quarter turn thay i like..sometging like this maybe
Push button cowl locks Medium

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why get do away with the WD?
I don't think it's needed with my situation other than to help with tounge weight, which the airbags will solve the sag. 2000lbs of tounge weight give or take. I've ripped this up the interstate with no load on the front and never had sway. Adding weight up front won't create sway,actually the opposite. What I don't care for on the sway bar set up? And I've basically have the best one the husky. It hurts your turning radius alot. The bars are a pain to put on and off and down right scary sometimes. A guy I see at work from time to time broke his shin in half by one. So just want more user friendly in a nutshell .

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think it's needed with my situation other than to help with tounge weight, which the airbags will solve the sag. 2000lbs of tounge weight give or take. I've ripped this up the interstate with no load on the front and never had sway. Adding weight up front won't create sway,actually the opposite. What I don't care for on the sway bar set up? And I've basically have the best one the husky. It hurts your turning radius alot. The bars are a pain to put on and off and down right scary sometimes. A guy I see at work from time to time broke his shin in half by one. So just want more user friendly in a nutshell .

I know it won’t help you since you are trying to get away from your w.d. Set up, but maybe someone else. I found to make it easier once you have a set go to link on your chain of the bar and have found the happy spot. I always would set the tongue down just enough onto to the ball to get it to latch, but not all the weight off the jack. That’s the time to throw the weight distribution bars on, It won’t take a 4’ cheater pipe on it to get it cam over and lock. They still are a pain sometimes, but better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know it won’t help you since you are trying to get away from your w.d. Set up, but maybe someone else. I found to make it easier once you have a set go to link on your chain of 7the bar and have found the happy spot. I always would set the tongue down just enough onto to the ball to get it to latch, but not all the weight off the jack. That’s the time to throw the weight distribution bars on, It won’t take a 4’ cheater pipe on it to get it cam over and lock. They still are a pain sometimes, but better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the chain style but broke it reverse turn. Went with this setup. Mind you this price is just the head!
Screenshot 20180517 220631

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
J

JTW

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know.. I posted the link. They ship via slow boat from China but for the $$ I’ll play with them and see if they’ll work. Even if I don’t use them on the storage door I’ll find some use for them.
Only problem i see with them is the diameter of the button. I dont think it will fit in the recessed hole the bolt was in. I may order a couple myself though..thanks for the link!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!