Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah.. I figure it's splash back from the windshield as I did a suction test before I ever drove it. BUT I just don't like the idea of that openess. I've questioned how the spectra prefilter will actually impact it if driving in rain. Will the rain hit the filter and seep through collecting in the intake? I dunno.. that's why I've been running the snorkel riser.. plus I get a semi from the growl!

And yes.. that lower intake hose joint could EASILY be under water in just a couple foot deep hole or a crossing.. that could potentially suck a lot of water quickly. I'm not big on deep water running but a couple foot is inevitable if you ride much at all.
Well I don't run the Spectra, but I do run the K&N! I have ran mine in the rain but it is angled backward slightly with a prefilter.
IMG 6075
I do actually carry a complete spare for mud running and it is very noticible when it becomes dirty or wet as the suction actually deforms the filter! When washing I add a plastic bad over the intake! About 500 miles ago I did change the factory air filter and noticed Signs of water on the inside of the lower air Filter housing!

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That one is going to be much harder to test. I could do an acceleration test in manual mode and accelerate from 3000 to 6000 and time it. It's too late for that test now because I don't want to unhook everything to get another baseline. ☹️
Maybe I missed it, what's about a programmer?

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This is a wet page for people who like to post when they are pie eyed and don't have to worry about what they wrote! I hope you have a few in you. :) GO PACKERS!!!!!

I still worry what I wrote sometimes here but I leave it lol. First thing I do in the morning is check to see how my night was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They do rally cross around here and the use miatas a lot. The great thing about miatas is they are cheap and handle like they are on rails. Poor mans vette
Badass. Have you seen the brand new ones? They are slick!

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Badass. Have you seen the brand new ones? They are slick!

Mazda is crazy. One year they make badass and one your not so much. They only year for a turbo car is 2005 2006. Mazdaspeed cars. Factory badass. The new ones handle like a dream but are heavy compared to a 1999. Some of the guys are getting 400 hp with a turbo kit only in a car around 2400#. Little rocket ships.

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mazda is crazy. One year they make badass and one your not so much. They only year for a turbo car is 2005 2006. Mazdaspeed cars. Factory badass. The new ones handle like a dream but are heavy compared to a 1999. Some of the guys are getting 400 hp with a turbo kit only in a car around 2400#. Little rocket ships.
That's alot of giddy up for a little car. Maybe one day.

Reactions: Windrock1000
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Amazing cars- cannot say enough about the handling. The only car I've ever been in that you can be going 60mph and turn the wheel hard and it turns. Doesn't spin out nor flip.
I had a Honda CRX SI model that I bought when I was in high school, and it was the same way... like a go cart with a 110hp motor... and growing up on Sand Mountain, I had plenty of opportunity to "put it to the test"... its a miracle I'm still alive!lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Amazing cars- cannot say enough about the handling. The only car I've ever been in that you can be going 60mph and turn the wheel hard and it turns. Doesn't spin out nor flip.

Is it legal to use the Monster Miata platform with the 5.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement