P1000 Got my Pioneer 1000-5 Today

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have that same 14 silverado with that same pioneer in the back window. Great minds think alike.[/QUOTE

The one on the trailer is made in America the other is funded by America!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got it got it got it!!! Omg!

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
If I were to change dealers it would cost me several grand. I'm getting mine OTD for 17,800 with a roof and two piece hard coat windshield and extended warranty. Plus I'm not paying taxes on it. - so I'm not swapping dealers.

With a deal like that I wouldn't switch dealers either. I just got back from my dealer looking at the one reserved for me. As hard as it was, I told him I'd pass on the red and wait for either the silver or camo.

It was still pretty much wrapped in plastic when I got there and I got to start it up but not actually drive it as it hadn't been prepped yet. I have to say that I'm even more impressed with the machine having actually sat in it and checking it out.

Hopefully the other colors won't be as slow to ship as the first wave of red machines.

Reactions: Everett
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wonderful... WOW. Bet that was a tight fit.
Was supposed to pick mine up today also... But some things have me delaying pickup till next week.
You or the dealer is delayed?

J

Jeremiah80

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2015
I did a little bit but no windshield is quite cold and windy I guess I'm getting soft

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Unbelievable how smooth and nice it shifts and runs! Gear selectors are way nicer move easy. I shifted my 700 all the time between 2wd and 4wd and back all the time and will continue with this had no problems doing so (Honda says no maybe listen to them but I won't)I think like my old truck as long as you're not spinning it's fine. The nets are better and easier and the fronts unbolt(gone) easier unlike 700. Power steering is a little better then aftermarket unit my 700 had pretty smooth. The engine is sooo quiet that there is a little too much gear whine is my ONLY complaint. I will be buying the rubber floor mat as I think this will drastically cut the noise down. Possibly some dynamat underneath. The 700 had this same whine but like I said the 1000 is so darn quiet that I will address this. Power power power it's nice! Be a little careful over a series of bumps because it's really responsive and slight tap of throttle pisses this thing off! It's pretty easy to lose a little control with it new drivers beware a bit. Same heat from under the seat. Hood now has improved latches and adjustable hood stops. Bed opens easier. No rattles to speak of here for mine after adjusting the door stops. Roll bar design is way better tougher smoother Not as much room under hood but well placed. Shocks are better by miles over the 700 (obviously not broke in yet will get just a bit better) however I've still got my fox shocks and they appear to be same length so I'll stiffen them up and drop them in can't beat fox. The secondary battery I bought and kept falls into extra cavity perfectly and I mean perfect! My $26 35watt hid replacement in my 700 was better and brighter I might be pulling those out and replacing with hid non-deluxe but they are lots better then stock 700. Front doors are a harder to open from inside however they go up higher so you feel safer and that annoying brace at the end of the seat is gone. Back slightly more leg length room lots more knee room little less sideways foot room. Access to maintenance little worse. Valves will require a little more maintenance as intake only is shims but exhaust is adjustable. Seat belts fold better in the rear, upper hooks for them a little funky. Middle seat in front very roomy. Low range could have been lower but nice to have however this is so strong it makes you think you could pull a 25ft boat and I'm sure people will. My front bumper was a little loose easy but dammit. Control arms are better can't get over the rear end of this thing!!! It is built!!! Been around cars because of my field for 25yrs and this thing rivals many of the better ones. The cv shafts are beasts! Very tough frame with multiple spots to replace. If you don't have money on one do it when you can! This is incredible. Loved loved loved our 700 but this is a game changer. Before you could laugh at broken Polaris or Can-ams or tow them back now you can still do that as well as run along side them. Top Tier here guys. Big deal. ATTA BABY HONDA.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Little of both. It will be ready tomorrow but I can't get there till next week. It's a few hours drive.
Well. I could go Sat, but I would be divorced.. Lol.

I'm heading up to Charlotte tomorrow. I could have brought it to you!

Reactions: Hondasxs
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Little of both. It will be ready tomorrow but I can't get there till next week. It's a few hours drive.
Well. I could go Sat, but I would be divorced.. Lol.
If I had to choose between this and my wife......well..... Darn it I guess she wins but she's lucky we're not arguing right now:) Get it as soon as you can while retaining your marriage hondasxs! You're going to love it. Omg!

Reactions: bobbyhill
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes. Our 700 was never traileredand it was 4 inches wider and 4 taller then stock. I like to keep my baby safe and snug as a bug in the back of my bed. Dodge beds are usually a slight bit bigger but as long as you have a real box it'll go. Just get the good ramps. I don't even strap it down I use a mount that goes into my receiver in the truck and clamps down to the receiver ball on the sxs. Works great $120 on eBay. No straps to break or figure out how to tie it down and metal doesn't break!

advertisement