P1000 Got my Pioneer 1000-5 Today

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Thanks, looks like its going to be a good machine. Now get some 30 inch tires on there and let us know if they rub.

Reactions: Brennon
B

Brennon

Oct 17, 2015
Fort Myers, FL
Here are some first impressions of the 1000-5. It has power, it feels much faster and sportier than any other utility sxs I have been on. The suspension is extremely comfortable and soaks up bumps. The led headlights are impressive, although the high beam looks to be setup for coon hunting as it lights up trees 40' up. The overall fit and finish is great as you would expect from a Honda. Couple of small complaints - the shifter servo is loud. So everytime it shifts up or down it bangs. The shifts are very smooth, it's just the servo making the noise. Also the door hinges let the door sag slightly so you have to lift up on the front doors to close. Small things, but overall great so far.

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Here are some first impressions of the 1000-5. It has power, it feels much faster and sportier than any other utility sxs I have been on. The suspension is extremely comfortable and soaks up bumps. The led headlights are impressive, although the high beam looks to be setup for coon hunting as it lights up trees 40' up. The overall fit and finish is great as you would expect from a Honda. Couple of small complaints - the shifter servo is loud. So everytime it shifts up or down it bangs. The shifts are very smooth, it's just the servo making the noise. Also the door hinges let the door sag slightly so you have to lift up on the front doors to close. Small things, but overall great so far.

we noticed the sagging as well. Its something that Honda has been working on since we contacted them on Thursday about it. We had our shop foreman fix the passenger door so it wouldn't have to be lifted up anymore. For all of the rest of you that are waiting on your pioneers, hopefully they will have them all fixed before they ship the others out that should be arriving next week. we sent several videos and pictures to them and they started working on it immediately. HOPEFULLY it wont hold the shipment up. I have a feeling that was the "latch issue" that they stumbled upon early last week.

I am so happy you love your machine. I'm selling two of my personal motorcycles to buy the P1K3D when they hit. :)

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Question Alexa - is there anything we can do to not pay all the shipping/ set up fees on the P1k5d ? Obviously we wanna save some $ when we can. Those fees were close to 1 k on my machine.

S

SHAWNSHONDA

Jun 23, 2015
Scott,La
So tell me about the low range , I've heard it ain't really that low but hoping that just a lie !
KJ
Low gear is really noticeable when loaded with 5 people on a hill and hit the gas and it'll break the tires loose with ease.

Reactions: Brennon
HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
Below are some detailed pics of the frame with no plastic. There is a metal section of frame that runs back to the rear step entry then terminates. More pictures and angles at @HondaProKevin Blog here:

2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 SxS Engine / Frame / Suspension / Interior Pictures | Honda-Pro Kevin

Thanks for sharing the link @JACKAL , much appreciated.

I tried to get as many detailed shots as possible and put them in one place so we could all see the fine details that Honda won't post on their regular Pioneer page.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I picked up the first one in Utah yesterday!
I drive it off the Honda trailer because the salesman was busy. Had 0 miles on it!!! Felt pretty awesome!

Put 20 miles on it last night. Sold my 700 to buy this one. Well worth the extra money.

Looks like Monarch Honda? I bought my P700-4 there and have been debating selling my 700-4 and upgrading to the 1000.
Congratulations on being the first P-1000-4 owner in the area.

Reactions: dustcole9
trackerkelpie

trackerkelpie

Jun 7, 2015
So tell me about the low range , I've heard it ain't really that low but hoping that just a lie !
Hi Guys. Im new to the site but I figure I will fit right in since I picked up my new Pioneer 1000-5 yesterday. It is everything claimed and more. I havent been put too many miles on it yet, but I am dragging it to Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN next week to really break it in. I far as I know and was told this was the first one in the Florida/Georgia to be delivered. If anyone has any questions about it shoot away.
Hi Brennon, Can you tell me what the the lowest speed you can move along the flat in both low and high range please.

advertisement
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Question Alexa - is there anything we can do to not pay all the shipping/ set up fees on the P1k5d ? Obviously we wanna save some $ when we can. Those fees were close to 1 k on my machine.

I wish there was. Demand is so high right now, that most dealers wont be coming off their prices. Once they have been on the market for a while, I can see better negotiations happening. Most people tend to think that if they pay cash for a unit, that they will get a better deal. Most of the dealerships money is made when you finance, so maybe that can be a bargaining tool for you?

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
They sold me mine for 16,100 but then added back in the freight and set up fees and got the price back up to msrp.

Reactions: Alexa
Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
They sold me mine for 16,100 but then added back in the freight and set up fees and got the price back up to msrp.

then you got it for a $1,000 under what others are paying! GOOD JOB! :)

I can say that if you purchase your unit out of state, it will save you on taxes, so that in itself is almost a 2K break

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Not exactly- I'm @ 17k after the freight and set up fees. I also bought mine on our tax free weekend so I didn't pay any taxes. I'm gonna try to haggle some tomorrow when I go pick mine up and sign the paperwork. On the Honda financing will they go 60 months or only 48 ?

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Not exactly- I'm @ 17k after the freight and set up fees. I also bought mine on our tax free weekend so I didn't pay any taxes. I'm gonna try to haggle some tomorrow when I go pick mine up and sign the paperwork. On the Honda financing will they go 60 months or only 48 ?

do you know what tier you got? super preferred is 2.99 for up to 48, and 3.99 for up to 60

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
2.9%. Thinking about paying cash for the warranty and not adding that to my total financed price that should bring my note down some.

dustcole9

dustcole9

Mar 29, 2015
Looks like Monarch Honda? I bought my P700-4 there and have been debating selling my 700-4 and upgrading to the 1000.
Congratulations on being the first P-1000-4 owner in the area.

Yep, Monarch. They've treated me real well. I also bought my 700-4 from them last March. I really liked the 700, but liked the idea of the 3rd seat belt and double the hp in the 1000-5 more. Quite a bit of extra money, but was worth it! Go talk to Kevin at Monarch. He'll set you up. Tell him Dustin said he'd give you a screamin deal!

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I wish there was. Demand is so high right now, that most dealers wont be coming off their prices. Once they have been on the market for a while, I can see better negotiations happening. Most people tend to think that if they pay cash for a unit, that they will get a better deal. Most of the dealerships money is made when you finance, so maybe that can be a bargaining tool for you?
Alexa any update when you getting the next shipment of them in ?

advertisement