WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had the seat cushion come unglued from the plastic base? If so, what is a good adhesive to use? I tried some loctite spray adhesive and it worked for a few months but it's coming off again. Thanks

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone had the seat cushion come unglued from the plastic base? If so, what is a good adhesive to use? I tried some loctite spray adhesive and it worked for a few months but it's coming off again. Thanks
Yes mine did after about year they replaced it sight unseen with warranty I paid a 50 dollar deductible. The second one is holding up well.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine is still intact. If I was having a problem I would bring it to an upholsterer’s shop. They may have a good glue or know better of what works. 😎

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is still intact. If I was having a problem I would bring it to an upholsterer’s shop. They may have a good glue or know better of what works. 😎
Good idea. Thanks.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
Y

Youngen

Nov 1, 2019
Aledo
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine came apart also. Gorilla glue worked for me. Clean surfaces well with rubbing alcohol and clamp it overnigh. Still holding after 2 years. Be sure to wear gloves when using glue as you can’t get it off!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine came apart also. Gorilla glue worked for me. Clean surfaces well with rubbing alcohol and clamp it overnigh. Still holding after 2 years. Be sure to wear gloves when using glue as you can’t get it off!
Great. I ended up using the gorilla glue max strength clear in the caulk gun. Seems like it will hold up well but haven't rode since I glued it.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
FYI : HAVE a Set of Honda P700 Front Seat & Haeadrest Covers CAMO - With automotive Seat Heaters Installed.
Only on about 100 miles before traded off P500 need 48in width. Excellent Condition.
Located Utica N.Y area.
Covers w/heaters have $260 in them take & 140 you pay shipping.
I do not use paypal.
Any interest use PM Please.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
PermaGrip PG107 adhesive spray is the best on the market, you can get it here: Tractor Interior Upholstery LLC | Cab Kits | Tractor Headliners | Post Covers | Acoustical Foam

Permagrip PG107 Tractor Interior Upholstery

advertisement
L

Lorraine

Nov 24, 2019
Richton, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great. I ended up using the gorilla glue max strength clear in the caulk gun. Seems like it will hold up well but haven't rode since I glued it.
Did this work? I have a 2018 Pioneer 1000/3 and my seat is coming unglued on the passenger side so I am looking for something to glue it back down with. Thanks!

Reactions: Lady01
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did this work? I have a 2018 Pioneer 1000/3 and my seat is coming unglued on the passenger side so I am looking for something to glue it back down with. Thanks!
It worked for me but the boss didn't have good luck with it.
I pulled my cushion completely off and then pressure washed and cleaned the plastic base good with some brake cleaner. I removed most of the old glue around the edge also. Then I let it dry on the metal roof of my barn everyday for a week. Put the black side of the cushion up so the water can get out. I drilled the drain holes out bigger so water could get out easier also.
After it was good and dry I brought it in the house and glued it. I used 1 tube but I would have used 2 if I had it. Then I wrapped up the ends with a ratchet strap to pull the cushion down tight on the plastic base. I also set a bunch of ammo cans and boxes on the seat to help out.