Not open for further replies.
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks for all the insight, I hear you on Honda quality verses Polaris, in my lifetime I have owned almost all of the big names in ATV and SXS's.
Honda has the best quality for sure. I do like the General as well.
I'm not the type of person that removes a bunch of items to go riding, so that is not an option for me.
My wife does not want to keep the Honda, her words not mine, happy wife happy life.
kenner

Sorry the Honda didn't work out for you and I understand the happy wife/happy life stuff. I'd give anything to have my wife come along with me and if that meant giving up the machine I wanted for one she was happy with, so be it. I hope the sale of your 1000 goes smoothly. Ride what you like and what works and enjoy the time outdoors.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Kenner.. where do you live?
Thanks for all the insight, I hear you on Honda quality verses Polaris, in my lifetime I have owned almost all of the big names in ATV and SXS's.
Honda has the best quality for sure. I do like the General as well.
I'm not the type of person that removes a bunch of items to go riding, so that is not an option for me.
My wife does not want to keep the Honda, her words not mine, happy wife happy life.
kenner
I asked him that on another post. Hes in northern Michigan. Gets vey cool in the fall and winter so i can see the need for the full cab but still dont know why a person cant take a few hrs in the spring to take the full cab off? Its not difficult before selling you should at least try it without and see how u like it?
My question to you @kenner, the resan for u not taking the cab on and off, is that because your not very mechanical? No disrespect in the question just asking to verify to others snd have this make sense.

K

kenner

Jul 27, 2014
I asked him that on another post. Hes in northern Michigan. Gets vey cool in the fall and winter so i can see the need for the full cab but still dont know why a person cant take a few hrs in the spring to take the full cab off? Its not difficult before selling you should at least try it without and see how u like it?
My question to you @kenner, the resan for u not taking the cab on and off, is that because your not very mechanical? No disrespect in the question just asking to verify to others snd have this make sense.
It is a number of things, first off I have no room to store cab parts, I do not like taking items on and off period. Once installed it stays installed. That is the kind of person I am.
kenner

Reactions: 0860silverado
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It is a number of things, first off I have no room to store cab parts, I do not like taking items on and off period. Once installed it stays installed. That is the kind of person I am.
kenner
Okie doke.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
7121DAC6 887F 4677 9B53 DC077DA84674

Something like this,then?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
kenner
I feel the same way. The reason I wouldn't want to take the cab off and on again every time the temperature changes is because the problem isn't with the cab at all. The problem is with the lack of effective heat shielding in the design of the machine. Uninstalling and re-installing is just a means to an end.

Reactions: mjn
VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK, Just got back from our first ride in my 2018 Pioneer 1000 LE 3P.
Not happy , it was so hot we could not wait to get out of machine, it was only 77 degrees but inside of cab I think it was 100 degrees.
My wife does not like it at all, she says keep my general and sell the Honda.
If I could get a decent offer I think I would sell it. I have 22,300.00 with all the factory accessories on it.
A total of 55 miles.
kenner
I have the factory hard roof and an aftermarket windshield. I have never encountered a cabin heat related problem whilst riding in the Mojave Desert. Of course, speeds are rarely below 30 mph.

Reactions: JTW and elkguide
advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the factory hard roof and an aftermarket windshield. I have never encountered a cabin heat related problem whilst riding in the Mojave Desert. Of course, speeds are rarely below 30 mph.

A little drier out there as well.

It was 87F Sat here but 105F heat index with the humidity.

I flew from Alabama to LAX last August and it was 113heat index in Birmingham at 89F air temp and it was 97Heat index in Phoenix with 111F air temp for my layover.

Add in no airflow and it’s UNBEARABLE. If he’s in Michigan he has humidity and he’s not used to the heat like we are in the South and out West.

It’s a matter of perspective and personal preference, I get not wanting to remove parts, I have tried to minimize what I have to add and remove to use it for trail use vs around house and summer vs winter, but 15F in the winter plus windchill while moving and 110F heat index in summer REQUIRE me to make some adjustments to airflow and tail use vs homestead use is VERY different for me. I tried windwings on my 700 and that just didn’t cut it.

Some people have had spectacular luck with Polaris, I HAVE NOT Honda has been the ONLY manufacturer of powersports I’ve owned that did not see me working on it with normal use. When I screw something up I’ll admit it was me doing something wrong and I have caused my fair share of carnage over the years.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I definitely get "happy wife, happy life", no doubt. I just hate to see someone go back to what I believe to be an inferior product (quality-wise) when the Honda would work well with some minor changes.

My wife works for a multi-line dealership, Kawasaki, Yamaha, CanAm, and Polaris.

Guess what the shop is always full of?

Three guesses, the first two don't count. :p

Regardless which way you go, we wish you the best man. Enjoy the ride, whichever one it ends up being!

Reactions: Mudwing
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
kenner

Polaris Ranger 1000 Northstar edition HVAC

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My 2013 Ranger 900 had so much heat coming in the cab I didn't need a heater in the winter on my snow rides. My buddy has a new Ranger with A/C. The cab get so dusty he has to wear a dust mast. It difficult to seal it up enough to keep the dust out. A flip up windshield may help. A Jeep is going to be a rough ride.

Reactions: Remington
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don’t understand it. I built a full enclosure for mine for the winter time to be comfortable but it has to get really nasty before I’d finally put it on, infact this year I only installed the front door tops after riding in -12deg. We couldn’t wait to get that stuff off. I can’t imagine driving a Sxs with all that stuff on in the summer.
I saw a guy doing that last year in our Idaho group with a full enclosure on a 95 deg day and he didn’t want to do anything but go home yet the rest of us had fun enjoying the elements. I agree with @JTW that if someone wants all that crap on during summer they should buy a Jeep. A Sxs is supposed to be a work vehicle or be out enjoying riding and open air.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don’t understand it. I built a full enclosure for mine for the winter time to be comfortable but it has to get really nasty before I’d finally put it on, infact this year I only installed the front door tops after riding in -12deg. We couldn’t wait to get that stuff off. I can’t imagine driving a Sxs with all that stuff on in the summer.
I saw a guy doing that last year in our Idaho group with a full enclosure on a 95 deg day and he didn’t want to do anything but go home yet the rest of us had fun enjoying the elements. I agree with @JTW that if someone wants all that crap on during summer they should buy a Jeep. A Sxs is supposed to be a work vehicle or be out enjoying riding and open air.
The new Talon is going to take care of all this. HA!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The new Talon is going to take care of all this. HA!
I looked pretty good at that cage and “if” they can build a full enclosure to fit it seems like it’ll have to sit on the far outside. Heat should be better though in the two seat version being behind everything. We’ll see:)

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.