P1000 Durhamtown Plantation - Union Point, GA

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yesterday was my first real maiden voyage with the Pioneer and we decided on Durhamtown because it was the closest place that looked reasonably fun. Spent probably 5 hours riding and had a fun time for the first ride. This area hasn't seen rain in many weeks and the dust was unreal - just thick on all of the trails and in the air. There were a lot of people there as was expected for a weekend and a cool day. Racing around and being pressured wasn't really what I was looking for. People were respectful when it came to passing. Only one trail with any appreciable hills... Riders Planet claims that you could spend days there, not me, it's really not what I'm looking for. I'm seeking more remote places to ride and play, that's for sure. Not in this game to be racing and also don't want to wreck my machine.

Plan on heading north in the next several weeks and ride in the Royal Blue, Windrock Park area.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
South of Winchester, TN. A few of us get together there and ride. Not a pay to ride park, just a lot of great riding on old and new log trails, rocks and mud... I'll shoot you the google coordinates in a minute
Awesome! Thanks... I tried to search for it a couple of times.

Reactions: drfubar
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome! Thanks... I tried to search for it a couple of times.
It is a cool place to ride. Bull run I'm guessing is a made up name of the place the locals gave it, which is why you can't find it on the internet. It has awsome scenery.

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It is a cool place to ride. Bull run I'm guessing is a made up name of the place the locals gave it, which is why you can't find it on the internet. It has awsome scenery.
Yea, if you follow the trails into the area, just before you get to the Alabama line Bull Run Ridge runs off to the left side

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look forward to getting more involved and meeting people to ride with. I'm a rookie at this point.

It's a little ways from "parking" and the trail head... looks like someones property where you park.

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look forward to getting more involved and meeting people to ride with. I'm a rookie at this point.

It's a little ways from "parking" and the trail head... looks like someones property where you park.
Community center, yes $5 to park

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image This is the general area, just down the road from @Delton

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to have to check it out!!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can also try googling Iron Gap. That's what the TN people call it lol. Bull Run is more on the al side.

Reactions: sharp and Manwell
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMO it'd be worth the drive for you. Got a little of everything. Great rock hills to climb from mild to pretty wild. Fast fire break type trails through the woods, and some awesome mud. The "mudholes" area has several small innocent looking holes that'll swallow your rig whole lol.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked this off an old Windrock ATV Forum post on March 2013:

"Riding trails in Franklin Co. has become a headache. I have found a new place to ride with endless trails and with no headache involved. Just head over to coalmont,tn. and you can park beside a old store that isn't open anymore over by the Grundy EMS building and across from the Coalmont Post office. From there you will take Phipps St. around the curve that runs into Heidenburg Rd N until you come to 7th Ave. Take a left there and go straight on that road and it changes into Company Farm Rd. till you see the Colonial Pipeline on the right. It's a natural gas sub-station of some sort. The dirt road your looking for is just past the Colonial Pipeline to the right. once your on the dirt road,your on your own! Days,weeks,months,even yrs. of riding with no hassle.We met many folks out there and from what they say,no one cares about people riding the trails there and everyone was very nice in giving directions. There is a gravel road out there that you can take a road off the mountain and ride into the hollows and ride forever through 3 counties. If you ride long enough you will endup in Savage Gulf and there is a very old church out in the middle of nowhere. Use your Google map and check it out and you will see these trails but being there is the best way.With all the trouble we are having with riding in Franklin Co. this is the best place to ride with no one getting bent out of shape because your riding. Of course, respect the land and don't litter! Happy Trails everyone!"

This is all new to me, but I am looking forward to some fun Adventures!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Picked this off an old Windrock ATV Forum post on March 2013:

"Riding trails in Franklin Co. has become a headache. I have found a new place to ride with endless trails and with no headache involved. Just head over to coalmont,tn. and you can park beside a old store that isn't open anymore over by the Grundy EMS building and across from the Coalmont Post office. From there you will take Phipps St. around the curve that runs into Heidenburg Rd N until you come to 7th Ave. Take a left there and go straight on that road and it changes into Company Farm Rd. till you see the Colonial Pipeline on the right. It's a natural gas sub-station of some sort. The dirt road your looking for is just past the Colonial Pipeline to the right. once your on the dirt road,your on your own! Days,weeks,months,even yrs. of riding with no hassle.We met many folks out there and from what they say,no one cares about people riding the trails there and everyone was very nice in giving directions. There is a gravel road out there that you can take a road off the mountain and ride into the hollows and ride forever through 3 counties. If you ride long enough you will endup in Savage Gulf and there is a very old church out in the middle of nowhere. Use your Google map and check it out and you will see these trails but being there is the best way.With all the trouble we are having with riding in Franklin Co. this is the best place to ride with no one getting bent out of shape because your riding. Of course, respect the land and don't litter! Happy Trails everyone!"

This is all new to me, but I am looking forward to some fun Adventures!

Let me know when your heading that way. I'll take a day off and make a long weekend. Love to meet all you guys and do some great trails. ;)

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me know when your heading that way. I'll take a day off and make a long weekend. Love to meet all you guys and do some great trails. ;)
That sounds like a plan in the making... I'm still searching around trying to get some type of handle on it all!

Reactions: sharp
advertisement