Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went to Dicks and academy sports in knoxvile and they dont do it anymore. I've only went to holston gas in the town I live in and they said they dont fill them either. I've not put alot of leg work into it. I just figured it would be a simple thing to get a tank filled, like when I played paintball 15 years ago.
Maybe hit up google for local paintball fields in your area? see if they can offer any help.
Maybe FB if you are on it as well.

Reactions: TripleB
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ive also had mine filled at a fire extinguisher service here locally

Reactions: TripleB
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm seeing that a few places are going to the compressed air systems. Can you explain the differences? Are they interchangeable?

Once the paintball markets went electronic, the CO2 wasn't consistent enough pressure for tournament style play. They switched to 3,000 psi steel or 4,500 psi composite tanks. The compressed air with a tank mounted regulator is more consistent, easier for players to fill themselves and doesn't have the extreme temperature change. Obviously the tank still heats up when filled and the lines get cold as discharged, but not as bad as CO2. The tanks can also be in any position without concern of getting liquid unlike C02.

Any scuba shop can also fill paintball tanks with an adapter and fire departments could with an adapter, but most won't touch them.

The paintball markers that used CO2 can use compressed air. Anything electronic should not have a CO2 tank attached to it. The attachment fitting is the same.

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
I bought a 25# bottle at the local welding supply shop for about $120. They had to order a bottle with the internal tube. When it empty’s, it’ll cost me $20 to refill. I refill my little bottles off of this big bottle.

J

JTW

I bought a 25# bottle at the local welding supply shop for about $120. They had to order a bottle with the internal tube. When it empty’s, it’ll cost me $20 to refill. I refill my little bottles off of this big bottle.
We have a scuba tank compressor if I don’t swap over to compressed air that’s what I’ll do with the co2

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Have to watch on the HPA tanks, they have like a 15 year life and have to be tested every 4 or 5 years. A couple company's in the last 2 or 3 years started making lifetime HPA tanks, but they still have to be tested every 5 years.

Reactions: Ugly and Tramguage1
J

JTW

Have to watch on the HPA tanks, they have like a 15 year life and have to be tested every 4 or 5 years. A couple company's in the last 2 or 3 years started making lifetime HPA tanks, but they still have to be tested every 5 years.
Yes.. they’re supposed to be tested if your using them diving or the such but if you’re filling them yourself what difference does it make?

Reactions: Bigshow
advertisement
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha ha ha.. I forgot about that! But point still remains as yours had even been tested. I certainly wouldn’t run 3000psi for our setup needs.

The one I have for you is about 10 years old. Still good on steel.
The composites need tested every 5.

Reactions: JTW
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Yes.. they’re supposed to be tested if your using them diving or the such but if you’re filling them yourself what difference does it make?
Actually the test is required by DOT. If you are caught transporting a tank with pressure and the test date is out of date is where you can get in trouble. For me it is a peace of mind when I am playing with 6500# fill tank into a 4500# tank. But to each their own. Maybe I am overly safe, but when I fill the tanks I make sure everyone else is away atleast 10' when playing paintball.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I want to bring this back up and discuss a revision to this kit.
Many of out there have been having trouble getting Co2 bottles refilled.
I was talking to my brother in law yesterday,he installs soft drink dispenser systems. He mention maybe converting these to use nitrogen. He mention that a nitrogen refill system would be more efficient for a person that wanted to do it yourself. Plus you could refill some shocks with Schrader valves and use for all your tire needs.

What's your thoughts?

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was talking to my brother in law yesterday,he installs soft drink dispenser systems. He mention maybe converting these to use nitrogen. He mention that a nitrogen refill system would be more efficient for a person that wanted to do it yourself. Plus you could refill some shocks with Schrader valves and use for all your tire needs.

What's your thoughts?

CO2 refills are impossible to find. A buddy had a large CO2 tank from his Jeep days. I bought a refill kit for the tanks off Amazon and have been using it to refill the paintball tanks.

If it could be converted to nitrogen that’d be awesome you could fill the shocks too.

Reactions: Tramguage1
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

What's your thoughts?
I bought all the stuff a year ago and can't get my tank filled. I'm still hauling a can of starting fluid around with me. Lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Same here. Once had 3 stores local that did it. Now none.

Yes, we need a new portable solution.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ive had this for years. Saved a few rides with it. I ordered a bunch of extra co2 cartridges for it too.
88E9658C 61B8 46E3 8368 60B7CFD577D7

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5

What's your thoughts?
I wondered about this awhile back but gave up quick. I’m glad you guys are on this!
B73A4236 2743 4EF0 873E C09E8EC5C50C

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement