Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh my god everyone thank you so much! You all kept me calm and preceded to give encouragement when I needed it the most. I owe this group!!!! Thanks everyone!!! Thank you thank you thank you. I can't say enough for this forum! Thank you everyone!

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
Apparently. Not positive how water got down without broken piston or rod right now the pistons are still in I may find out more later

Glad it's gonna get covered.

Based on your descriptions it sounds more likely you seized the pistons in the bore due to lack of lubrication and maybe the water in the bore was the unrelated thing. I've never heard of pistons seizing in the bore when you hydro lock a motor.

C

Chooglin

I have been following this thread and I have to tell you , I am so relieved for you !

I hope the shop does a good re-build for you , so you can get back to the trails !

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad it's gonna get covered.

Based on your descriptions it sounds more likely you seized the pistons in the bore due to lack of lubrication and maybe the water in the bore was the unrelated thing. I've never heard of pistons seizing in the bore when you hydro lock a motor.
I do not know how that much water got into the crank case without going by the pistons this is something that alludes me and maybe get an answer for soon

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have been following this thread and I have to tell you , I am so relieved for you !

I hope the shop does a good re-build for you , so you can get back to the trails !
Thank you sir! Very excited! Very!! It's not going to be quite the same but... I'm back baby!

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I glad for you that the insurance will be covering it. It still puzzles me as to how that much water and dirt(mud got in there and did that much damage.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:):):) as soon as I know you will as well. I tend to pester the shop and ask questions. I'm not bashful lol

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even if the air filter was saturated but still in tact with no holes through it there is no way that the mud came in through there. It's not making any sense to me. Water I can justify but not what the dealer described in the quote.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher: I have been watching your thread since your accident hoping and wishing it would turn out well. I can only imagine what you have been going through over these past days. If I were in your situation, I am very sure I would not have handled it as well as you have. Now that things are looking up and since I too own and ride one of these expensive beasts, may I ask if your insurance is homeowners or specific vehicle insurance? I just have mine covered by homeowners as of now.

advertisement
D

Dasmoeturhead

I'm Happy for you CP, I really hated to see that happen. Especially to a Die Hard Wheeler. Some times good things happen to good people.
I'm sure your going to snorkel, so which one, or which configuration are you going with? After this Charlie Foxtrot of yours, I'm going to have to snorkel mine also, just to make it Bomb Proof. 10-Roger?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Even if the air filter was saturated but still in tact with no holes through it there is no way that the mud came in through there. It's not making any sense to me. Water I can justify but not what the dealer described in the quote.
The dirt entered through the filer I believe but maybe through crank case breather? I can't check to see at the moment but possible

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm Happy for you CP, I really hated to see that happen. Especially to a Die Hard Wheeler. Some times good things happen to good people.
I'm sure your going to snorkel, so which one, or which configuration are you going with? After this Charlie Foxtrot of yours, I'm going to have to snorkel mine also, just to make it Bomb Proof. 10-Roger?
I don't necessarily like the looks of a snorkel but wanted it simple and effective. There are plenty of great designs on this site and many more that are very extensively thought out but Joeys simple design caught my eye. Very easy effective and reversible quickly. Removable is important to us as in this area at different places it's illegal to to even run a snorkel they can make you pull it and ticket you so this setup is perfect for us(I will be a LOT more cautious without this on in those times)The minute it's home it'll get a new breather. If anything came out of this it's the fact this vehicle needs it. I will probably run frog skin over the intake port and run a drain on the lower hose under the driver seat. I highly suggest to anyone to do these same additions.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher: I have been watching your thread since your accident hoping and wishing it would turn out well. I can only imagine what you have been going through over these past days. If I were in your situation, I am very sure I would not have handled it as well as you have. Now that things are looking up and since I too own and ride one of these expensive beasts, may I ask if your insurance is homeowners or specific vehicle insurance? I just have mine covered by homeowners as of now.
Homeowners only covers it on your property. Auto only covers while trailering it. You need utv specific insurance which we had because ours is street legal. We have this the quad and two bikes street legal and our insurance is around 40 a month so not too bad but VERY happy right now that its covered. Something so simple to ride through caused 10k in damages. Who knew!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't necessarily like the looks of a snorkel but wanted it simple and effective. There are plenty of great designs on this site and many more that are very extensively thought out but Joeys simple design caught my eye. Very easy effective and reversible quickly. Removable is important to us as in this area at different places it's illegal to to even run a snorkel they can make you pull it and ticket you so this setup is perfect for us(I will be a LOT more cautious without this on in those times)The minute it's home it'll get a new breather. If anything came out of this it's the fact this vehicle needs it. I will probably run frog skin over the intake port and run a drain on the lower hose under the driver seat. I highly suggest to anyone to do these same additions.
Are you going to have to move your light bar across the hood when you add the snorkel so you don't get a shadow?

N

nsolimini

Apr 8, 2016
Lakeland, FL
Homeowners only covers it on your property. Auto only covers while trailering it. You need utv specific insurance which we had because ours is street legal. We have this the quad and two bikes street legal and our insurance is around 40 a month so not too bad but VERY happy right now that its covered. Something so simple to ride through caused 10k in damages. Who knew!

What insurance company and what type of insurance? I may look into that for my 700.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dammit sharp!! Been trying to figure that out for sure. I will most likely run snorkel when wet (there are lots of very dry weekends ahead) I absolutely love the placement of this bar for light,protection and the ability to change wind screens so I think I will leave it as the center bar on the bumper will pick that light back up a bit. It will still throw massive light in the center and to the very sides. I don't want it on top it gets hit and snagged way too much and I prefer the top to be lightweight. I only added two sound bars at about 20lbs for both I made sure on this build the stereo lightbars amps bass and everything stayed off of it. This light bar is probably 25-30lbs and you feel that it's tippy as it is. Just the glass windshield when in makes it less stable. Joey painted the breather tube flat black for me so it'll reflect back as little as possible. If it bothers me I'll put a 30 degree flood mounted somewhere flush on the nose in that direction.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What insurance company and what type of insurance? I may look into that for my 700.
Good question. Shout out for the little green lizard. Geico atv has been incredible! This is not the first time they've helped us. Very good. My dealer says they are the best to work with and usually have no problems. Not sure the price on only one vehicle but it can't be much.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That just made my day!!! Great news!!! So how soon before you are back out?
Yes mine too!!! :)No word as of yet. Available parts are only 2 days out dealer will have a week of assembly after the go ahead and are willing to put a couple other projects aside. The unavailable parts are questionable and it may possibly need those or others as the build progresses. If something is needed from Japan possibly a bit. I suspect best case two weeks worst case two months. Hopefully soon. As of a little bit ago possibly another route I'll update as I get more information don't want to jinx anything right now. Possibly better news

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
advertisement