P1000 Bad Night and a Concussion but we walked away!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have harnesses in mine. It's ok but with the angle of the seat it takes some time to get used to. I am adding a bar across the back so that the harnesses are level at the top.

I am looking into putting harnesses in. It would be more piece of mind for my wife with me and the our kids in it!

Reactions: Muddy-Joe and sharp
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
So some good news to report on this....I signed papers yesterday on a new P1000-5! My dealership took care of me!! They got me a 5 seater for less than I paid for my 3 seater that I originally bought!! Cupi's in Pekin, IL is been great to deal with from the start for me!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So some good news to report on this....I signed papers yesterday on a new P1000-5! My dealership took care of me!! They got me a 5 seater for less than I paid for my 3 seater that I originally bought!! Cupi's in Pekin, IL is been great to deal with from the start for me!
Glad to hear! Seems all we hear lately is bad news. It's nice to hear good every now and then.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have harnesses in mine. It's ok but with the angle of the seat it takes some time to get used to. I am adding a bar across the back so that the harnesses are level at the top.
Was it hard to install? Got any pics?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
In comparison, benefits of the P-1 3 and P-1 5???

D

Dasmoeturhead

Glad you lived to talk about it. That must have smarted some. Dang!
I'm at least going to buckle up from now on. Not sure about wearing my full face around the property though. I guess it isn't doing me any good sitting on the shelf right next to my machine.
Get well soon Bro.

Reactions: joeymt33
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I just saw this in my feed I hope you are getting around better. I was trying to keep up with a Rzr 900 in the woods one night I hit a dip that threw me forward my Bazooka party bar kept me in the cab I went head first over the steering wheel into it nearly knocked me out. I was dizzy for hours, 3 weeks later a buddy asked how I was after my accident I had to ask him what he was talking about.

Was your buddy inexperienced with SxS's is that how he lost control?

If mine gets totaled or stolen it's in my policy all my accessories are covered I just have to show receipts I get all the money spent back.

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I flipped mine last weekend with 4 people in it just goofing off at slow speed (under 20mph). The rear passengers fell out from lack of roof but luckily everyone was ok, just shaken up. Was definitely a reminder to wear the harness that i have and more than likely will be adding to the rear somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
In comparison, benefits of the P-1 3 and P-1 5???

To me the only benefit of the 3-seater over the 5-seater is the bed being able to be filled and dumped with out a roll cage to deal with....I could fit more brush from the yard in my 3-seater!;) But every other advantage goes to the 5-seater in my opinion!!

Reactions: joeymt33
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I just saw this in my feed I hope you are getting around better. I was trying to keep up with a Rzr 900 in the woods one night I hit a dip that threw me forward my Bazooka party bar kept me in the cab I went head first over the steering wheel into it nearly knocked me out. I was dizzy for hours, 3 weeks later a buddy asked how I was after my accident I had to ask him what he was talking about.

Was your buddy inexperienced with SxS's is that how he lost control?

If mine gets totaled or stolen it's in my policy all my accessories are covered I just have to show receipts I get all the money spent back.

He is an experienced SXS driver and now even owns a deluxe himself!! But it was in the summer and sun was starting to go down and the dew was setting in....we came up on a banked corner at about 55mph and he kept his foot in it. Mid way through the corner the machine started to push/slide out of the corner. We jumped off the bank and hit a tree on the drivers side front head on which reversed our momentum and through me head first into the steel handle attached to the roll cage, then it body slammed me on the ground (my son said I bounced off the ground)! My buddy was thrown it the windshield and cracked his ribs on the steering wheel! He shouldn't have been driving like that and he wasn't driving crazy except for just those 30 seconds leading into the wreck. My wife and three kids were all there. My oldest boy saw the whole thing and kept running around yelling to Mom "Dad's dead mom....he's not moving anymore....Dads dead mom!" My wife couldn't tell 911 where we at because it was a farm pond without an address and my buddy was unconscious for a short while! There was a woman first responder that new the farm pond that called in the location as she started to head to the pond! I came to about the time the ambulance showed up! It was a bad deal and shows how quickly things can go south and how much God was watching over us that night! My son still doesn't like to talk about it! He saw me on our motorcycle a couple months later and started flipping out in concern....I sold that too! One luck guy here!!!

advertisement
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
55 mph into a corner??Experienced driver??

You two are experienced now... I hope the kids seen what can happen and learned.If You would have died in front of your kids.

It's hard for me to read posts like this..But you got through it... I'm glad your both ok.
But your friend could have killed you.... or someone to close to that rig rolling.

Reactions: Mudwing
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
55 mph into a corner??Experienced driver??

You two are experienced now... I hope the kids seen what can happen and learned.If You would have died in front of your kids.

It's hard for me to read posts like this..But you got through it... I'm glad your both ok.
But your friend could have killed you.... or someone to close to that rig rolling.

Totally agree! I couldn't believe he was entering the corner at that speed....It all happened before I could spit out a word to stop him! Believe me I was not expecting it at all. I was in my swim trunks and had no seat belt on.....not how I ride at all!