P1000 Bad Night and a Concussion but we walked away!

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Thanks for posting this.
I sometimes skip the seatbelt on a short ride. This is a good reminder.
Hope to see you back to 100% and riding again soon.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I am hoping for it to be totaled but not sure if it will....the a-arm mounts are ripped off the frame! Not sure if the frame is bent or not.

He was coming around the pond and dropped the hammer got going over 40mph and he lost control on the grass slamming into a tree. It spun us the opposite direction and spit me out hard according to him and my boy who was watching. My wife heard the noise and came running over to find me on the ground out and my buddy hanging out the door out to. Went in the ambulance and he went to the doc the next day with a fractured rib. My knee is pretty beat up too! I don't remember any of the wreck!
It'll more then likely total with the front diff and frame. I think the frame alone parts labor is over 5k if available. I'm guessing at around 12 so probably good for you. That is absolutely a horrendous crash and these don't have crumple zones like autos do so I'm glad everyone is at least now ok. Man he got it good! Did he have insurance you can use rather then going on yours?

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It'll more then likely total with the front diff and frame. I think the frame alone parts labor is over 5k if available. I'm guessing at around 12 so probably good for you. That is absolutely a horrendous crash and these don't have crumple zones like autos do so I'm glad everyone is at least now ok. Man he got it good! Did he have insurance you can use rather then going on yours?
I'm pretty sure insurance follows the vehicle. No matter who drives it. Say for instance you borrow your brothers car and you crash it. His insurance would cover it. Not yours.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm pretty sure insurance follows the vehicle. No matter who drives it. Say for instance you borrow your brothers car and you crash it. His insurance would cover it. Not yours.
That's true but I think the friends insurance would cover it as well. I'd push for that that way it's not the owners at fault

Reactions: pct
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang bro! Hope your knoggin is ok. thanks for sharing and reminding us all to take appropriate precautions. hope they get you a new machine soon.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that y'all are ok was there any beer that spilled during the accident? Lol just to add humor to the thread before it becomes doom and gloom!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Thanks everyone. It is a good reminder. I am also following the docs orders on the concussion stuff....there's just to many weird concussion stories out there!!

My dealership is getting it checked out next week...

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
OK I guess this example just pushed my 4 or 5 point belt mod to the top of the mod list!
The wife and I were lucky at the Honda Takeover. not going to take another chance wife her wellbeing again.

Glad to hear you are doing well.
Injuries are sometime tough to get over, but material things can be repaired or replaced.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
The estimate from the shop is just under $14000, so it should be totaled. That includes a new frame.

I am still have some dizzy spells but seems to be getting better. I had thought about a 5-point harness before this happened also....I think it will be installed in the next one!!!)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The estimate from the shop is just under $14000, so it should be totaled. That includes a new frame.

I am still have some dizzy spells but seems to be getting better. I had thought about a 5-point harness before this happened also....I think it will be installed in the next one!!!)
What model are you going to get now? 5 deluxe? Also can you keep your tires?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I would still get the 3-seater! I haven't meet with the adjuster yet....so not sure what I will take off.

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I would still get the 3-seater! I haven't meet with the adjuster yet....so not sure what I will take off.
I'm glad you're doing better that was a bad one! You can take anything off that you've added whether it leaves a hole or not. Anything you've taken off and replaced you will most likely lose however depending on the insurance company will either give market value or value up to 2000.

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Put your motor in CumminsPushers old ride, be back in business for someone at thge salvage yard.Glad you are on the mend.

Reactions: amc019
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
So the insurance got back to me and it is totaled....so time to get another one! I did check on buying it back from them and the said that Illinois doesn't allow that! Just another reason this state blows!!:cool::p

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I've been considering installing a 5 point in mine. I think this thread just pushed me off the fence lol. There are sections of the trail I ride where you can exceed 30mph easily. And it only takes one rock or log or critter to turn everything south.
I have harnesses in mine. It's ok but with the angle of the seat it takes some time to get used to. I am adding a bar across the back so that the harnesses are level at the top.

advertisement