Calendar **2019** Taylor Lake Colorado Group Ride [Sep 6, 2019] (CO)

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lookee at the ground score of the day!!!
Someone lost their license plate. A long time ago...It was just sitting in the middle of the road I actually ran over it as I was coming down the mountain and past another mine.
921D1F20 9EA2 4113 8E51 C1D4FE267619

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those of you who made the Alpine Loop between Silverton and Lake City, I'd like to know your comparison between there and Taylor Park. We stayed at a friend's cabin just up from Pitkin in '18 and made it over Cumberland and up to Mirror Lake and didn't think the area compared to the San Juans. It was pretty but more like running flat bladed county roads instead of the barely wide enough and sometimes gnarly trails around Animas.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
For those of you who made the Alpine Loop between Silverton and Lake City, I'd like to know your comparison between there and Taylor Park. We stayed at a friend's cabin just up from Pitkin in '18 and made it over Cumberland and up to Mirror Lake and didn't think the area compared to the San Juans. It was pretty but more like running flat bladed county roads instead of the barely wide enough and sometimes gnarly trails around Animas.
I always liked Taylor Park and I like the San Juan's but the SJ's win by far the best.

B

biesty

Jul 12, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I arrived @ Pleasent View Resort on the south end Lake City. We`re planning on taking a ride up Engineer Pass sometime on Tuesday. Also, hoping to meet up with everyone, Wednesday, for the group ride near Lake City. .
We’re all staying at the Highlander RV campground on the lower part of the Alpine loop just slightly south of Lake City.

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Alan Said we would be disappointed after riding around here in Lake City and then going to Taylor Park

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Alan Said we would be disappointed after riding around here in Lake City and then going to Taylor Park
I think ya'll will agree with me and Alan that the SJ's are the bomb! Let's see if we might get a Silverton Takeover for next year!
WE already have a group ride planned for next year but it will be before Texas schools start back in August.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
We are here, If anyone else would like come up to site 21 and let's discuss tomorrow's route and takeoff time.

Reactions: TimG and Plumber32
Durangotang

Durangotang

Feb 24, 2018
Just outside Durango, CO
For those staying in Lake City check out the Alfred Packer memorial just south of Lake City. Who was Alfred Packer? Oh, just someone who have a few friends for dinner.

In the winter of 1874, Alferd Packer was hired to lead a group of prospectors through the San Juan Mountains from the winter campsite of Chief Ouray located near the present-day Delta, Colorado. This turned out to be a particularly harsh winter in the Lake Fork drainage area. Deep snow drifts and sub-zero temperatures slowed the party and supplies soon ran out. Wild game was non-existent, according to Alferd Packer, and these were no fish to be found in the frozen-over streams and lakes. By the time the men had reached the foot of Slumgullion Pass, the men had even chewed the leather from their boots. Starvation was upon them. What was a man to do to survive the winter of 1874?

Six weeks later, Packer appeared alone at the Los Pinos Indian Agency near Saguache. There he told the sad tale of losing his fellow miners in a snowstorm, but he seemed well fed and was spending money freely from several wallets. The story began to unfold when strips of human flesh were found. A search party found the bodies of the missing men at the foot of Slumgullion Pass. They had apparently been murdered and showed evidence of being cannibalized.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Headed out in the am. Hoping to make Dalhart.
Awesome, not the best place to stay the night but glad you’re going to make it after all. Safe travels. You coming to Lake City or just Taylor Lake.

advertisement